This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week is Maine's Matt Morris.
    He deserves more playing time imo
    sure why not

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Not sure if anyone saw this piece on Yahoo Sports out of LA. In discussing the retiring of the jersey of Selanne the question was whether Paul Kariya would be on hand? He was not, and this piece explains why, and what to do to get him back to be a part of the game. Very informative https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...063515788.html

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        The Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week is Maine's Matt Morris.
        Heard he is now replacing Jimmy at the All-Star Game after that shut out!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          Not sure if anyone saw this piece on Yahoo Sports out of LA. In discussing the retiring of the jersey of Selanne the question was whether Paul Kariya would be on hand? He was not, and this piece explains why, and what to do to get him back to be a part of the game. Very informative https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...063515788.html
          I'm thinking a good first step for Paul would be come back to hockey at the NCAA level in the coaching capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            I'm thinking a good first step for Paul would be come back to hockey at the NCAA level in the coaching capacity.
            I don't blame him for wanting nothing to do with the sport. Stevens and Suter absolutely abused him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
              I don't blame him for wanting nothing to do with the sport. Stevens and Suter absolutely abused him.
              I saw the Suter hit. Brutal. Was Stevens leading with his stick high too?
              sure why not

Comment

Wasn't the Stevens hit just a brutal elbow, somewhere around center ice or the blue line?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Wasn't the Stevens hit just a brutal elbow, somewhere around center ice or the blue line?
                  yep, complete blindside way after kariya chipped the puck in from center ice.
                  there is a reason Semenko and McSorley played with Gretzky... who did Paul have... Oates??? heh heh heh

Comment

Here is the Stevens hit
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRbBTVArJL0
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think a Maine sweep over UML and BC this weekend would go a long ways towards waking this thread up.
                      sure why not

Comment

It's just not a fun team to watch. Teams can be bad and be interesting. Maine isn't one of them.

Comment

This weekend may or may not be the turning point of this season with games against Lowell and BC. Should they win or tie in both games it could mean some positives and create confidence within the team with renewed fan interest. However a couple of losses might be a whole other story. Good luck to the players and coaches and welcome back students.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            It's just not a fun team to watch. Teams can be bad and be interesting. Maine isn't one of them.
                            what gets me is that Hamilton understands how to stand up a forward flying over his blue line. he looks great... then around the crease he might as well be Luc Aquino... remember him???? (cherry picking at center ice, not knowing that he MIGHT want to help out on D)... yep, that is how effective he often is around his own net.

Schurhamer is effective along the boards, but not out front.... ditto ALL OF THE rest of the D.

someone asked a good question, "what does Jay Leach do?" is he in charge of the D?
                            Maine needs to show some film of Bret Tyler in his own end... that kid would do pretty much anything to anyone who might have a change of scoring.... add his heart to Hamilton's natural ability

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              I think a Maine sweep over UML and BC this weekend would go a long ways towards waking this thread up.
                              Guess it will still be sleepy. They might one of the games this weekend, but both. I doubt that very much.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Didn't even have to open the link; that was a really cheap shot. PK had more talent in his little toe than Stevens had in his entire body.

And just tonight I was watching Buffalo/ Minnesota, and there was a staged-fight.

Good God, will this league EVER wake up?

Comment

Working...
                                X