X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think the defense has been a lot worse than the goaltending. I could be completely wrong about this, but it seems like the level of goaltending is pretty even in hockey east. Is there any goalie in the league stealing games for his team?

Having Shore and Higgins healthy plus Lomberg on the team would make all the difference in the world offensively. I think Maine is a top five hockey east team with that.
    Shore is a playmaker more or less and he has NO one or just one MAYBE two that can finish when he gets them the puck...Higgins is a 4th liner,yes every team needs them,but Higgins is NEVER healthy and not in the lineup enough and Lomborg was never on the team this year...so his presents is just a dream and a cop out on how the season is going. There the type of team because they are just not good,plain and simple. And I'm not trying to be negative,but facts are the facts...still rooting and going to the games...just very disappointed with the effort.

Comment

I think the defense has been a lot worse than the goaltending. I could be completely wrong about this, but it seems like the level of goaltending is pretty even in hockey east. Is there any goalie in the league stealing games for his team?

Having Shore and Higgins healthy plus Lomberg on the team would make all the difference in the world offensively. I think Maine is a top five hockey east team with that.
      The D stands still with straight legs on too many goals, i agree, but the goaltending could be improved with a couple simple corrections.

Witt steals games when he is on. ask minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Come on Wally, they're tied for 49th now after the big weekend sweep. 4 places ahead of Lake St.
        You see the anchor remains
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Pretty bad that this thread is on the 2nd page! Any thoughts on this weekend?

Comment

As I reported a month ago Ryan Lomberg is on his way to Miami

http://sbnation.com/e/7272220
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
              Pretty bad that this thread is on the 2nd page! Any thoughts on this weekend?
              If they lose both, they should disband the program
              If they win one, then they probably meet expectations (sadly probably their own)
              If they win both,......well, aint happening so no sense speculating, not with this group
              sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                As I reported a month ago Ryan Lomberg is on his way to Miami

http://sbnation.com/e/7272220
                Hopefully Miami wins back to back national championships the next couple of years.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                  If they win one, then they probably meet expectations (sadly probably their own)
                  If they win both,......well, aint happening so no sense speculating, not with this group
                  A split seems inevitable to me. I can't see Maine winning back to back games on an Olympic sheet.

Comment

Hopefully Miami wins back to back national championships the next couple of years.
                    I bet Lomberg's .5 points per game clip will really help put them over the top!
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      I bet Lomberg's .5 points per game clip will really help put them over the top!
                      Tied for fourth in the USHL in goals right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a 20 goal guy there. He will have a lot more talent around him than he did at Maine. It looks like they lose a lot this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        Look at Maines record, a split on the road would be good. I don't see them winning both, I see a split
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I'm hoping for a sweep but I see a split. The X-factor is, like others have said, the Olympic sheet. Maine hasn't won on one since the end of TW's final season (at UNH)

Comment

Tied for fourth in the USHL in goals right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a 20 goal guy there. He will have a lot more talent around him than he did at Maine. It looks like they lose a lot this year though.
                            http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=1348814

Comment

From the article:
                              “Ryan possess all the attributes that we value in Youngstown,” said Phantoms Head Coach Anthony Noreen. “He is ultra-competitive, a difference maker on the ice, and an elite leader that makes people around him better. Miami University is getting a special person, and I look forward to Ryan making Youngstown proud as a RedHawk.”

If the above statement is correct, if he is the kind of person that makes those around him better, then it would also be true that his removal from a team would make those who were around him worse than they were when he was around.
                              Last edited by blackbearbandie; 01-07-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Maybe he should've transferred to Florida State and joined the football team...down there you can run around do whatever you want...steal crabs, yell obscene things about women in student unions... and the admins don't care....too soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X