X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    He can look but can he get the guy to come. I'm doubting it
    That's it in a nutshell...selling the Program...maybe/maybe not...but lets hope they are on the trail looking for a solid netminder...I have faith/hope...whatever,but I think it can be done in convincing a stud goalie that Maine is the right place to get started(like I said maybe/maybe not).

Comment

Well if there was ever a time to see Nik Nugnes play in goal,this would be the weekend...if not then most likely he does not see the time in the crease this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Well if there was ever a time to see Nik Nugnes play in goal,this would be the weekend...if not then most likely he does not see the time in the crease this season.
        You aren't going to see him
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

No..? Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Agree. There will be no Nugnes this weekend or at all this season is my sense. Unless the current two guys go on the DL.

Comment

That's it in a nutshell...selling the Program...maybe/maybe not...but lets hope they are on the trail looking for a solid netminder...I have faith/hope...whatever,but I think it can be done in convincing a stud goalie that Maine is the right place to get started(like I said maybe/maybe not).
              players go to the coachin g staff that can get them to the next level. Nobody cares about nightlife, puck bunnies, engineering programs (with the exception of Eric Turgeon), math programs, etc. Grant was the draw for many players. Now the goalies have to look forward to Ray Jean getting them to the next level and I gotta believe that Montgomery and Standbrook had a better goalie in Morris than Ray and Red. And unless Guite can turn his coaching around, players will want to be trained by Guite as much as they will want to be trained by Ray Jean... and keep going elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                players go to the coachin g staff that can get them to the next level. Nobody cares about nightlife, puck bunnies, engineering programs (with the exception of Eric Turgeon), math programs, etc. Grant was the draw for many players. Now the goalies have to look forward to Ray Jean getting them to the next level and I gotta believe that Montgomery and Standbrook had a better goalie in Morris than Ray and Red. And unless Guite can turn his coaching around, players will want to be trained by Guite as much as they will want to be trained by Ray Jean... and keep going elsewhere.
                Whats your problem with Ray jean anyway? Grant isn't walking thru that door . Do you think one of the full time Assts should be a goalie coach? Do you have someone in mind?

Comment

No..? Oh well.
                  The kid from Bangor is on the tonights lineup sheet as 3rd goalie.

Comment

Whats your problem with Ray jean anyway? Grant isn't walking thru that door . Do you think one of the full time Assts should be a goalie coach? Do you have someone in mind?
                    really? you of all people with where you stand in the arena??

positioning... hunching over in the crease moving too far left to make it back to the right ---over and over and over. (I just deleted about 50 lines of answer, but positioning is all i need to say, and that is on Jean.)

Comment

The kid from Bangor is on the tonights lineup sheet as 3rd goalie.

let us know if you see Nik in his suit and tie up in the stands, I have a feeling he is gonna actaully play somewhere...
                      and looking at your avatar, walrus, it reminds me that I just happened to notice which two former powerhouses are tied for 54th nationally... heh heh heh

Comment

really? you of all people with where you stand in the arena??

positioning... hunching over in the crease moving too far left to make it back to the right ---over and over and over. (I just deleted about 50 lines of answer, but positioning is all i need to say, and that is on Jean.)
                        I'm not there anymore, back won't take it so I'm on the side in a chair back. I agree on the playing small part. I don't think the staff has the goalie they want yet and they may never get that person,? With all the other issues I see, haven't paid as much attention to goalie play other than they aren't going to steal many games for you.

Comment

let us know if you see Nik in his suit and tie up in the stands, I have a feeling he is gonna actaully play somewhere...
                          and looking at your avatar, walrus, it reminds me that I just happened to notice which two former powerhouses are tied for 54th nationally... heh heh heh
                          Nowhere to go but up or maybe stay the same like Lake St.

Comment

Maine is up 2-1 after 2, Riley and Vesey with the goals. Vesey has 3 goals in the last 5 games

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Maine is up 2-1 after 2, Riley and Vesey with the goals. Vesey has 3 goals in the last 5 games
                              Ended 4 1 empty net. The kid was there for his first game of the season and couldn't stop saying how bad maine looked. He has seen maine play many times over the years so...

Comment

Ended 4 1 empty net. The kid was there for his first game of the season and couldn't stop saying how bad maine looked. He has seen maine play many times over the years so...
                                They(Maine)have not been consistant or good for quite awhile,not just this season...no stretches of winning streaks that make you notice...and if anything this seasons squad just does not have the tenacious approach like they did last season...this TEAM is not good...plain and simple...and many areas need to be fixed,defense in their own zone,goaltending that steals games and scorers that can finish...it isn't pretty and it will take a few more years to start to see IF it will go forward during Gendron 4 years rebuilding/retooling process. Painful will be the more likely word for this season and next more times then not(imo).

Comment

Working...
                                X