This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

W_T_ heck?... did everyone's outhouse cave in this weekend or something?
    Not one post from the Maine camp today!
    Holy crap. The sky is falling!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      W_T_ heck?... did everyone's outhouse cave in this weekend or something?
      Not one post from the Maine camp today!
      Holy crap. The sky is falling!
      No one gives a _____. It will be interesting to see if 2500 show up for Canisius and if Maine can actually win a game
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        No one gives a _____. It will be interesting to see if 2500 show up for Canisius and if Maine can actually win a game
        To real big "IF's"...I would say that Attendence hovers near the 3k mark both nights and nothing would surprise me in the win department...I'll go with a win on Friday and a tie on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I hate to say it but I think it will be somewhere just under a couple thousand. I'll predict a Maine sweep and that Maine has a good second half. The schedule is significantly easier than the first half.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I think that the women's basketball game at the CIC on Saturday afternoon comes close to outdrawing the hockey games on either night.

Comment

TODAY IN HISTORY - Bangor Daily News – December 29, 2014

On Dec. 29 1984, as reported in the Bangor Daily News, the University of Maine men’s hockey team snapped a nine-game losing streak by defeating the University of North Dakota’s Fighting Sioux 6-5. Coach Shawn Walsh said, “The players showed us… that if they play with confidence and intensity, they can play with anyone. They also showed us that if they play with great intensity at home what an advantage it (home ice) is.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                TODAY IN HISTORY - Bangor Daily News – December 29, 2014

On Dec. 29 1984, as reported in the Bangor Daily News, the University of Maine men’s hockey team snapped a nine-game losing streak by defeating the University of North Dakota’s Fighting Sioux 6-5. Coach Shawn Walsh said, “The players showed us… that if they play with confidence and intensity, they can play with anyone. They also showed us that if they play with great intensity at home what an advantage it (home ice) is.”
                Think that was the game where there was a bench clearing brawl. Good fun
                sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                  Think that was the game where there was a bench clearing brawl. Good fun
                  I never have been able to keep it straight but when Maine play UND or Minnesota a huge fight broke out during the warm-ups.

Comment

Balcony seats that are usually reserved for students are for sale to the general public for $17 (groups of 20 get tickets for $5) for this weekend's games. For those of you who are mathematically challenged, if there are six or more of you, save money by going the group route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                      I never have been able to keep it straight but when Maine play UND or Minnesota a huge fight broke out during the warm-ups.
                      Don't remember a warmup brawl do remember when Maine upset Dakota there was a huge bench clearing brawl after whistle. Of course crowd was going bananas
                      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        Don't remember a warmup brawl do remember when Maine upset Dakota there was a huge bench clearing brawl after whistle. Of course crowd was going bananas
                        gosh, there has to be a joke in there about what the mascot was doing while the crowd was going bananas...

happy holidays all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          wow

a career highlight goal. owning the ice at the nhl.
                          wow
                          Went to Red Wings vs Bruins Monday night- Nyquist was on a line with Zetterberg and played really well despite being a -2 on the night. He skates so well and is clearly one of the top players on a team loaded with talent. Great to see. Jimmy did not have a particularly good night. Griffith's PP goal that made it 4-2 was a beauty top right that beat him fast and clean.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that Red & Co are looking big time for a top goal tender. My sense is that he's not of the mind that the current guy(s) are going to take this team anywhere in any playoffs.

Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAAfan500
                            You're obviously an idiot. Jimmy stopped 40 of 44 with no defense in front of him? Detroit is lacking D especially right handed D, but I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to know what the problem was.
                            Sounds like someone had too much to drink last night... At least I hope that's your excuse. It's fine to disagree, but resorting to name-calling over a trivial disagreement like whether or not a goalie had a good night when he did let in four goals regardless of the defense and the number of shots isn't worth making yourself look foolish in the process. Not that I care that much, but I'm sure if you asked Howard he wouldn't call it a good night losing a game and letting in 4 goals even if he did play exemplary considering the lackluster defense. Boston played a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAAfan500
                              You're obviously an idiot. Jimmy stopped 40 of 44 with no defense in front of him? Detroit is lacking D especially right handed D, but I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to know what the problem was.
                              I'm sorry...who's the idiot? Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post

I'll bet dollars to donuts that Red & Co are looking big time for a top goal tender. My sense is that he's not of the mind that the current guy(s) are going to take this team anywhere in any playoffs.

Happy New Year everyone!
                                He can look but can he get the guy to come. I'm doubting it
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X