X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    I agree with you. Red is being challenged by the same issue that Tim faced. Recruiting. So far Red's players may be just as talented as Tim's, but he is not getting enough of them.
    With no games, Red & Co. will be recruiting around Boston most of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Josh Henke is going to Lake Superior.
      So Henke has 12 goals/20 assists with the Jersey Hitmen/USHL through 29 games so far this season. It indicates how much tougher Div 1 College Hockey is than juniors. It's more than just a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
        Lomberg is apparently transferring to Miami
        Why no story about it on USCHO thus far?

Comment

Originally posted by Mac910 View Post
          This is sad, I heard that during TIMMAY'S last year, kids had to borrow sticks from each other. The money simply isn't there
          Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          I heard that they had to eat peanut butter and jelly too.
          I heard that players had to reuse the same uniform all season.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            This is great of Red to do, but I don't like what it says structurally about our athletic program.

3. Which leads me to my annual statement that Maine needs to completely reconfigure its sports offerings. I'd love to drop football, but with the modest success they've had in the JV leagues lately, I realize that isn't going to happen.
            You must be a young buck! I saw Maine football way back, and at its absolute nadir. I was beyond embarrassing then. We'd show up with a pint, and plan to nap after the first half, 'cause the game was always out of reach by then. (And I'm talking vs. Kutztown State and that ilk, not vs. the CAA.)

Sh#t-afire, I'm a big fan of the program now. This season was not so good, but not all that bad either. I can see Cos and the boys improving a lot next year.

And, the fact of the matter is that football is the only men's sport in which Maine has been consistently relevant in the past few years... Maybe even more than a few. Much much better than the hockey program.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-19-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I heard that players had to reuse the same uniform all season.
              That will never be the case if Oregon ever fields a team.
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                That will never be the case if Oregon ever fields a team.
                I can't believe that Oregon hasn't fielded a team! Afterall, they're just a marketing arm of Nike.

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/2...or-first-half/

Comment

Horrible, horrible news about Nate Fox. He was a great player and Maine was a lot of fun to watch with him and Bedard on the team. I hope someday Maine sports has another stretch like they did in the late 90's/early 00's but it looks a long ways off right now.

I hope everyone on here has a Merry Christmas, even the BC and BU fans
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I hope someday Maine sports has another stretch like they did in the late 90's/early 00's but it looks a long ways off right now.
                      Things look a lot more hopeful right now than 5 years ago. Women's hoops should be pretty good this season and next season......men's hoops in another 2-3 years. Hockey recruiting class looking good for 2016 and 2017.

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone on this thread and USCHO in general.
                        May Santa bring us a better second half than first half.
                        AA

Comment

On a different note...WJC begin today,great hockey to watch...USA/Finland @ 3pm today...NHL Network.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            On a different note...WJC begin today,great hockey to watch...USA/Finland @ 3pm today...NHL Network.
                            This tournament is far more interesting to watch than the Stanley Cup playoffs. GO USA!

Comment

Did anyone happen to catch Nyquist's overtime winner against Ottawa yesterday?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=nhl:topheads

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/nyquist-sc...5811--nhl.html
                              Last edited by blackbearbandie; 12-28-2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                                Did anyone happen to catch Nyquist's overtime winner against Ottawa yesterday?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=nhl:topheads

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/nyquist-sc...5811--nhl.html
                                wow

a career highlight goal. owning the ice at the nhl.

wow

Comment

Working...
                                X