X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    I really can't wait until he has to hire a new football coach at Miami. It's going to be a delightful nightmare.
    +1

Comment

I was never a huge TIMMAY fan, but not a detractor either. I mean, really, look what he did up until 2007 with that team, six times in the tourney, twice in the championship game, and twice a loser in the semis. What more could you really want? What burned me on him was when he chitcanned Grant and Guy, and then that awful loss to Michigan St. in the NCAA semis, when TIMMAY had the brilliant notion that Keenan Hopson would make a good defenseman.

And then the story I heard that, after going up quickly 2-0, TIMMAY told the team to sit back and conserve their energy. Gave up four straight and lost, badly. That, on top of losing the 2004 game in Minny after taking the lead and then sitting on it, only to lose, was it for me. Without Grant there, TIMMAY was just overwhelmed, not fit to be a D-1 coach. After that, I joined the five internet nutcases.

I don't know if Red will find success as a D-1 coach, but I can't say he's not fit to be one.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        hey... you are forgetting MY namesake, MaineFanInLA... he was nutcase number one!!!
        I certainly posted pictures of dead canaries in the coal mine a long time ago, and other than BobF and 93 Champs/downbytheriver/voteForJeanHayBright, not all that many were completely pro whitehead.
        Votefor jeanhaybright, TF F. You might not be a know it all but you have a good memory
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          I was never a huge TIMMAY fan, but not a detractor either. I mean, really, look what he did up until 2007 with that team, six times in the tourney, twice in the championship game, and twice a loser in the semis. What more could you really want? What burned me on him was when he chitcanned Grant and Guy, and then that awful loss to Michigan St. in the NCAA semis, when TIMMAY had the brilliant notion that Keenan Hopson would make a good defenseman.

And then the story I heard that, after going up quickly 2-0, TIMMAY told the team to sit back and conserve their energy. Gave up four straight and lost, badly. That, on top of losing the 2004 game in Minny after taking the lead and then sitting on it, only to lose, was it for me. Without Grant there, TIMMAY was just overwhelmed, not fit to be a D-1 coach. After that, I joined the five internet nutcases.

I don't know if Red will find success as a D-1 coach, but I can't say he's not fit to be one.
          What 2004 game in Minny? The 2002 game was in Minneapolis, and Tim had a bit of help losing that one. He also had a bit of bad luck in 2004 in Boston. He's a biased referee and a skate blade away from being a two-time NCAA champion.

And for all the griping on here about Timmay! who else bothered to write the university president or speak to anyone in the athletic department about replacing the coach? No, posting here, MBR or joining a Facebook group don't count. An actual email or phone call to someone at the university with some say in the matter. Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

First-half analysis. One graph just says it all:

This team also needs to toughen up mentally. It needs to develop a swagger and put teams away when it has the lead. It also needs to start fast and not keep having lackluster first periods.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/1...-its-2nd-half/

Comment

Timmay would still be coach if Scott Darling didn't like to party so much in orono. Darling with Gus, Flynn and Abbott, would have done well in the NCAAs
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                What 2004 game in Minny? The 2002 game was in Minneapolis, and Tim had a bit of help losing that one. He also had a bit of bad luck in 2004 in Boston. He's a biased referee and a skate blade away from being a two-time NCAA champion.

And for all the griping on here about Timmay! who else bothered to write the university president or speak to anyone in the athletic department about replacing the coach? No, posting here, MBR or joining a Facebook group don't count. An actual email or phone call to someone at the university with some say in the matter. Anyone? Bueller?

NTM the BDN comment section too

Comment

Brain cramp. Sue me, voteforjeanhaybright.

nd for all the griping on here about Timmay! who else bothered to write the university president or speak to anyone in the athletic department about replacing the coach? No, posting here, MBR or joining a Facebook group don't count. An actual email or phone call to someone at the university with some say in the matter. Anyone? Bueller?
                  I'm your Huckleberry.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

I did.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Timmay would still be coach if Scott Darling didn't like to party so much in orono. Darling with Gus, Flynn and Abbott, would have done well in the NCAAs
                      I agree with you. Red is being challenged by the same issue that Tim faced. Recruiting. So far Red's players may be just as talented as Tim's, but he is not getting enough of them. Hayes rookie of the week in HE by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Brain cramp. Sue me, voteforjeanhaybright.

I'm your Huckleberry.
                        voteforjeanhaybright? There is no such user.

Comment

Lomberg is apparently transferring to Miami

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                            Lomberg is apparently transferring to Miami
                            Do the Hurricanes even have a hockey program?

Comment

Nah, but it would make a great "The U, Part III"

Joking aside, great to see Lomberg is planning on catching on with another program. Even greater that it's not a Hockey East program, because he's one of those guys who is a pain to play against.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                He also had a bit of bad luck in 2004 in Boston. He's a biased referee and a skate blade away from being a two-time NCAA champion.
                                Tough to say bias there when Maine finished the game on a 6-on-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X