X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    In Tim's second season on Dec. 15 the team was 13-1-2 soooo not a lot to analyze there besides the pairwise.

Team's 10 games under 500 the whole operation deserves to be picked apart for better or worse
    Yeah, Red and Tim inherited different teams.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      In Tim's second season on Dec. 15 the team was 13-1-2 soooo not a lot to analyze there besides the pairwise.
      What about after 7....8....9...10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Yeah, Red and Tim inherited different teams.
        bingo

Comment

Really? People were looking at a team that had gone to overtime in the NCAA Championship in year one and was 13-1-2 in year two and said, "We need to fire this Whitehead guy, he's just not getting it done."

Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            I totally agree. I think I posted the math on this for add'l revenue last year. And as far as addressing the "problems" that may occur, perhaps a consult with the Agganis folks would be prudent. They don't seem to have any problems. I've been to 3 games at Agganis and have never witnessed any drunk and disorderly behavior.
            Lowell sells beer, but as was previously mentioned about Agganis, they have cup holders and individual seat backs too. As someone who doesn't drink, the only issue I ever have is when we get the kind of people who have to have a full beer in their hand every second and are up and down 5 times a period. Aside from that, no issues. And I think you're really underselling the revenue it can bring in over a season.
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Really? People were looking at a team that had gone to overtime in the NCAA Championship in year one and was 13-1-2 in year two and said, "We need to fire this Whitehead guy, he's just not getting it done."

Sure.
              What about after 7....8...9.....10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                Would you really have wanted to see Blake James hire a new coach? Maine had decent enough seasons in '10, '11, and '12 so he wasn't going to get canned after those years.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Are we there with Red yet?

Comment

Gendron has a 4 year deal,he's trying to implement his plan at turning this Program around...he's in year 2...if after 4 years its not working,well like Red said when he got hired...they can Fire Me if they don't think I'm the right person for the job going forward. The next 2 recruiting classes will tell the tale of does Maine go forward or stays mid-pack or back of the pack in Hockey East. He has a very tough job ahead of him(imo).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Gendron has a 4 year deal,he's trying to implement his plan at turning this Program around...he's in year 2...if after 4 years its not working,well like Red said when he got hired...they can Fire Me if they don't think I'm the right person for the job going forward. The next 2 recruiting classes will tell the tale of does Maine go forward or stays mid-pack or back of the pack in Hockey East. He has a very tough job ahead of him(imo).
                      Recruiting will tell the story. Right now it looks ok but certainly not great. But until one sees how he puts them together it's hard to know.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Well we're sitting 2 pts out of dead last. UConn is ahead of us in HE. So there's nowhere to go but up. Like Wally said the next couple classes look OK but nothing that's going to vault them to the top of the league IMO. You are right. He's got a tuff road to hoe.

Comment

It would certainly help if Gendron got a top goaltender commitment. If he is going forward with Romeo and Morris......then Maine better start averaging 5 goals/game. Also.....takes time to recruit great players......they all commit to BC, BU, Minnesota, etc when they are 14 or 15.......so those kids in the 2015 & 2016 classes were already gone.
                          Last edited by umhockey91; 12-15-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Would you really have wanted to see Blake James hire a new coach? Maine had decent enough seasons in '10, '11, and '12 so he wasn't going to get canned after those years.
                            I really can't wait until he has to hire a new football coach at Miami. It's going to be a delightful nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              Agreed. This was my first in person look at Maine since Red took over. They aren't good. Maine should start cheating again. Winning was fun, and who really cares if kids get paid a bit extra for getting hit in the head repeatedly... or at least allow illiterates to play and keep on playing for 2 or three years... it works in boston.
                              1. how do I make your original post my .sig... i love it!!!

2. i added to your post

Comment

Guilty as charged.......me and sandie.
                                hey... you are forgetting MY namesake, MaineFanInLA... he was nutcase number one!!!
                                I certainly posted pictures of dead canaries in the coal mine a long time ago, and other than BobF and 93 Champs/downbytheriver/voteForJeanHayBright, not all that many were completely pro whitehead.

Comment

Working...
                                X