X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    If only someone with your intellect and sense of fairness could have been in charge of proceedings!
    The problem was there was...

Look, Lomberg was the most popular player on the team, a scholar-athlete and the second most-skilled forward on the roster. It is true the team should have shaken it off, but many players on this team didn't. You can say they should have, but they didn't. They aren't strong mentally and taking that player off this team - the way they took him off this team - left scars. Call it an excuse if you like, but this is what happened. It sucks and I really wish this team was stronger mentally, but everything we've seen so far tells us this happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Look, Lomberg was the most popular player on the team, a scholar-athlete and the second most-skilled forward on the roster. It is true the team should have shaken it off, but many players on this team didn't. You can say they should have, but they didn't. They aren't strong mentally and taking that player off this team - the way they took him off this team - left scars. Call it an excuse if you like, but this is what happened. It sucks and I really wish this team was stronger mentally, but everything we've seen so far tells us this happened.
      I feel bad for this team. I sure hope that everyone affected can get over this someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Really. So you have a Shore, Hutton, Byron, etc... looking at NHL contracts and attending their camps and all of a sudden a guy that got out of control is going to change their goals in life. Go sell crazy somewhere else. If this team isn't winning it falls squarely on the coach and the upperclassmen.

For me, one out of every two games has been weak goaltending. By and large, the defense hasn't protected the net front. Worse, is the offense hasn't gone to the net hard enough and battled down low enough. We need people that own the middle of the ice and will go all out to protect it.

Enough said.

Comment

Lots of Maine Hockey related articles in the Bangor Daily News tonight:

This one is on Alfie Michaud:
          http://bangordailynews.com/2014/12/0...?ref=SportsBox

Here's one on the quadruple amputee veteran that was at Saturday's game, with quotes from the team

And lastly, one on Romeo:

Comment

If only your team were as active and passionate as your fan base here... =

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              I feel bad for this team. I sure hope that everyone affected can get over this someday.
              It may take years of counseling.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I've never seen tears like this... and I work in an onion factory.

W_T_F did they put in the water up there???
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Onions.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Really. So you have a Shore, Hutton, Byron, etc... looking at NHL contracts and attending their camps and all of a sudden a guy that got out of control is going to change their goals in life. Go sell crazy somewhere else. If this team isn't winning it falls squarely on the coach and the upperclassmen.

+1
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Too many swing'in dix is all it is.
                      sure why not

Comment

If only the hawkey team had as many swinging dix as these fans we'd have something big and hard now wudnt we?
                        sure why not

Comment

Methinks these pansies out there wearing blue need more touchy feely counseling after the death of that thug Lomborg
                          sure why not

Comment

OK, I would love to tour that factory.

Hey, stone's throw away.

I doubt you have any type of stones to invite me to your factory.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              Methinks these pansies out there wearing blue need more touchy feely counseling after the death of that thug Lomborg
                              at first I was worried that you would be a ****** bag... now you have proven it beyond all reasonable doubts...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                at first I was worried that you would be a ****** bag... now you have proven it beyond all reasonable doubts...
                                Ahhh go drink urself into oblivion and pizz down your own panties . Then we'll need to counsel you too. Too many gd weepy eyed liberals round here
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X