X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Watching Brian Flynn right now. He's on the 4th line of a very young Buffalo team but absolutely looks like he belongs on the ice. He's improved his speed and is making things happen, and playing very well in his own end. Has logged some PK minutes vs. a very good Blues team.

I think he'll be around for a while... (And I wonder why Abbott hasn't been called up, the way he's been lighting the lamps in the AHL.)
    Those two guys could score while at Maine. Spencer Abbott was fun to watch when he toe dragged the puck going to the net. If only that team had a goal tender.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Those two guys could score while at Maine. Spencer Abbott was fun to watch when he toe dragged the puck going to the net. If only that team had a goal tender.
      If it had the Scott Darling of now, that would have been quite a team
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Watching Brian Flynn right now. He's on the 4th line of a very young Buffalo team but absolutely looks like he belongs on the ice. He's improved his speed and is making things happen, and playing very well in his own end. Has logged some PK minutes vs. a very good Blues team.

I think he'll be around for a while... (And I wonder why Abbott hasn't been called up, the way he's been lighting the lamps in the AHL.)
        I'm going up that way Dec 13-14 for the Packers game. Trying to decide between seeing him play against the Panthers for $20 or seeing Jimmy and Gustav play @ Toronto in my first ever Canadian NHL game for $150.
        Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

• Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
          I'm going up that way Dec 13-14 for the Packers game. Trying to decide between seeing him play against the Panthers for $20 or seeing Jimmy and Gustav play @ Toronto in my first ever Canadian NHL game for $150.
          If this was between 10 and 20 years ago I'd say go see the Wings, but honestly I don't think they are worth that kind of money anymore. Save some money and see the Panthers.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
            If you can get into a Leafs game at AirCanada Center for $150, go. Just go.

Comment

Bishop protects his crease.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/...ith-to-the-ice
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Nice.

Steve Kariya is going to be on the Coach's Show tonight from Season's. Ben Guite will be on too.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  I first really noticed Spence during a very dismal weekend at UMA when Wilson couldn't have stopped a medicine ball. Abbott was a relatively unheralded freshman then, but I thought to myself that he was the best Bear on the ice. And he developed into a guy who would have fit in very well on one of Shawn's better teams.

He definitely has earned a call-up, but is there any entity more stupid and short-sighted as a whole than the NHL brass? (OK, maybe our Congress...)

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                    I'm assuming that you've been to Lambeau before, but if you haven't, get there early enough to see the Packers' HOF and to witness the forest fire that is the brats sizzling on the tailgates.

Such a great place to see a game. The fans aren't aren't nearly as obnoxious as in a typical NFL venue-though maybe even more drunk- and everyone in town will be at the game. Green Bay lives and breathes The Pack. Best fan-base in the entire league.

Comment

With BU coming in and the '99 Team being Honored on Friday,hopefully the Attendence will be a full rink or close to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        I'm assuming that you've been to Lambeau before, but if you haven't, get there early enough to see the Packers' HOF and to witness the forest fire that is the brats sizzling on the tailgates.

Such a great place to see a game. The fans aren't aren't nearly as obnoxious as in a typical NFL venue-though maybe even more drunk- and everyone in town will be at the game. Green Bay lives and breathes The Pack. Best fan-base in the entire league.

Those of us in Patriot Nation beg to differ

Comment

I've been. But this is actually a game in Buffalo.
                          Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

http://sbnation.com/e/6977850

Game Preview: BU at Maine
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                              Those of us in Patriot Nation beg to differ
                              tell us about your trip to Lambeau and why the trip to Gillette/Sullivan was better?

and why the name change??? no longer living in a van down by the river?

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                                tell us about your trip to Lambeau and why the trip to Gillette/Sullivan was better?

and why the name change??? no longer living in a van down by the river?

I've been to tons of Pats games. Best fans in the NFL bar none, NTM the best ownership group. Plus 85 percent of Lambeau's seats are aluminum benches which is obtrusive for a 2014 pro sports stadium

Comment

Working...
                                X