This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Defense is weak to say the least,UMass Forwards blew by Maine's D many times...Goaltending is still iffy,Offense is getting there with more imput on pushing the puck up ice and towards the net,still need bodys in front of the goal...Hayes was there for the most part...up & down play hurt team last night,had UMass on the ropes @ 3-0 and 5-3,and let them back in to the game. O.T. rush on goal(4 on 2)was good to see,played to win.

Comment

So did I miss something cause I thought there was a TV deal in place to broadcast the games in So Maine this year??? So far we've got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        So did I miss something cause I thought there was a TV deal in place to broadcast the games in So Maine this year??? So far we've got nothing.
        I think tonight's game is on tv.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Not down here, just checked the guide.

Comment

I thought we were supposed to get any game that was broadcast in the Bangor area down here on WPME or WPXT.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              Not down here, just checked the guide.
              Supposed to be on wpme
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                It's really sad that Maine is one of the worst drawing teams in Hockey East now.........too many years of Timmay Time hockey combined with increased ticket prices. This program was taken for granted for too many years by the administration.......horrible mis-management of their cash cow.
                Yeah, there have been things that have happened beyond the school's control that they have failed to react to as well. The economy isn't anywhere close to as good as it was 10 or 15 years ago up there. Also, gas is roughly double what it was 10 years ago. These things along with the availability of tickets makes it a lot easier to not get season tickets and then as the season goes on not buy many single game tickets. The school would do well to cut ticket prices in half for next year. I think a lot more of the southern ME/northern MA crowd would purchase them too.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I think a lot more of the southern ME/northern MA crowd would purchase them too.
                  And travel all the way up there ?? You gotta be kidding. Maybe if they were on fire, but not if they are playing mediocre hockey
                  sure why not

Comment

This is what attendance should have been like during Whitehead's last 5 years.........it's too bad it took so long for attendance to bottom out because it gave Blake James the ammo that he needed to keep extending Whitehead.

Comment

Yeah, there have been things that have happened beyond the school's control that they have failed to react to as well. The economy isn't anywhere close to as good as it was 10 or 15 years ago up there. Also, gas is roughly double what it was 10 years ago. These things along with the availability of tickets makes it a lot easier to not get season tickets and then as the season goes on not buy many single game tickets. The school would do well to cut ticket prices in half for next year. I think a lot more of the southern ME/northern MA crowd would purchase them too.
                      I know for me it's easier and cheaper to travel south, UML, Mack even BU and BC. I always go to 1 or 2 games in Orono but for pure economics even if tix prices were cut in 1/2 I still wouldn't travel up to Orono more than twice a year.

Comment

Last night it was Halloween, so it's understandable that there would be a dip in the attendance. Tonight the game is on TV, and there's also a little bit of a snowstorm, so it will be interesting to see if tonight's attendance is much different from last night's game.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                          It's really sad that Maine is one of the worst drawing teams in Hockey East now.........too many years of Timmay Time hockey combined with increased ticket prices. This program was taken for granted for too many years by the administration.......horrible mis-management of their cash cow.
                          According to box score 3378 in Orono, and Notre Dame was only slightly better, with tons of empty seats as I watched that game. Durham was another blue seat out, all you saw were empty seats for a game vs. Lowell, but box score said 5011, not even close. I spoke out last year about the seats behind the benches and the prices. So long as they charge the prices they are those seats will remain empty, and let's face it, it gives you the perception on tv that there is not a lot of interest.

I also agree economy playing a huge role. Just bought 4 tickets to the BU game (actually went to the rink and saved the fees since I work close by) and then bought 3 tickets for the game at Lowell online. Total spent for 7 tickets $167. Did notice BU seats were already close to sold out along the sides, still had not opened the near end where you come in likely waiting for students to use there sports passes.

Let's hope for a larger crowd and better defense tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                            Supposed to be on wpme
                            According to their press release, the next game to be televised is the game on the 14th vs. BU

http://goblackbears.com/sports/m-hoc...20140930pvtzsz

and looking at the Hockeyeastonline composite tv schedule, nothing there as well...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                              According to their press release, the next game to be televised is the game on the 14th vs. BU

http://goblackbears.com/sports/m-hoc...20140930pvtzsz

and looking at the Hockeyeastonline composite tv schedule, nothing there as well...
                              Thought I had seen it earlier advertised and someone else had confirmed it , but I don't see it now either.....*** great, that leaves choppy stretch internet at 7 bucks....sigh
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                                According to box score 3378 in Orono, and Notre Dame was only slightly better, with tons of empty seats as I watched that game. Durham was another blue seat out, all you saw were empty seats for a game vs. Lowell, but box score said 5011, not even close. I spoke out last year about the seats behind the benches and the prices. So long as they charge the prices they are those seats will remain empty, and let's face it, it gives you the perception on tv that there is not a lot of interest.

I also agree economy playing a huge role. Just bought 4 tickets to the BU game (actually went to the rink and saved the fees since I work close by) and then bought 3 tickets for the game at Lowell online. Total spent for 7 tickets $167. Did notice BU seats were already close to sold out along the sides, still had not opened the near end where you come in likely waiting for students to use there sports passes.

Let's hope for a larger crowd and better defense tonight!
                                Been thinking about going down for the BU game... haven't seen Agganis yet and maybe Maine spoils BU(t)s undefeated season then....
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X