This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Wake me up when they sign a new goaltender.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      Wake me up when they sign a new goaltender.
      You may break Rip Van Winkles record

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        They(Maine)have not been consistant or good for quite awhile,not just this season...no stretches of winning streaks that make you notice...and if anything this seasons squad just does not have the tenacious approach like they did last season...this TEAM is not good...plain and simple...and many areas need to be fixed,defense in their own zone,goaltending that steals games and scorers that can finish...it isn't pretty and it will take a few more years to start to see IF it will go forward during Gendron 4 years rebuilding/retooling process. Painful will be the more likely word for this season and next more times then not(imo).
        Even though they aren't as good as they were last season, there's still a lot of hope that things will turn around and we'll be really competitive in the next few seasons. It's too bad we've hit rock bottom and stayed there for too long, but it was tough competition the first part of the season and with any luck they can end the season closer to .500. Hockey is such a fun sport to watch, but it's worth noting the progress that the Maine Women's Basketball team has made in a few short years with their new coaching staff, and it's fun watching the Men's Basketball team evolving with their newly found team spirit behind Coach Walsh. I hate to be a diehard Maine fan, but it's a great time to be a Maine sports fan knowing that all of our sports teams will soon be very competitive in their leagues. Can't forget to mention the strides the football team made this past year either with their young team. The hockey team will turn things around, and the struggles endured now will make it that much sweeter for those that never lost the faith.

Comment

Anybody else having trouble streaming?

Comment

• Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
            Anybody else having trouble streaming?
            No, I'm in alfond
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Whoopee doo, they beat an awful team twice. Canisius is as bad a D1 team as you will see, **** they made Maine look good. Should have scored 10 in the 2nd period alone. miss the net all night long, your best players aren't playing like your best players and the D is still suspect. Romeo looked ok, Cam Brown was good and as was Vesey.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Whoopee doo, they beat an awful team twice.
                Would you rather they had lost?

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Yeah, that's what I wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Out of any poster on maine thread, Wally always gives an honest take on the team and always spot on. Last night was slop. Yea a 3-1 win, but still hard to watch. Seems like maine makes every goalie they play a vezina winner. I never want maine to lose, but am having a hard time watching what seems like uninspired hockey.
                    Last edited by BlackBear8; 01-04-2015, 07:33 AM.
                    Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBear8 View Post
                      Out of any poster on maine thread, Wally always gives an honest take on the team and always spot on. Last night was slop. Yea a 3-1 win, but still hard to watch. Seems like maine makes every goalie they play a vezina winner. I never want maine to lose, but am having a hard time watching what seems like uninspired hockey.
                      They are crap. Don't know how to create offense, or good scoring opportunities. No creativity at all. Schloggers. Basically disappointed with lack of progress.

Reminds me of an older Vermont team that can't play defense.
                      Last edited by all bear; 01-04-2015, 10:37 AM.
                      sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Yeah, that's what I wanted.
                        They had to play these games and they won them. As bad as Canisius was, they were ahead of Maine in the rankings. Now to take whatever momentum they have and carry this to Amherst. UMass is also ahead of Maine in the rankings and this should be another sweep.

At this point I think Maine will take a win over anybody, in any way they can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          UMass is also ahead of Maine in the rankings and this should be another sweep.
                          Yes, by UMass.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                            Yes, by UMass.
                            No, Maine *should* sweep this UMass team.

Comment

I cannot picture this Maine team sweeping anyone on the road... no one
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                No, Maine *should* sweep this UMass team.
                                If that's going to happen, these guys gotta get their heads out of their azzes and decide to play hard. Scoring 3 goals twice against Canisius isn't something to be cheering about. If that's what they want to sit back and reflect on at the end of the season, fine, but these guys gotta start playing like they care about competing and winning, and the game isn't just something they have to get through before the parties start.

Expected a lot more from this team in Red's second year. A lot more. Not necessarily in wins, but just in how they play the game.They've taken a huge step back in my opinion. Where's the grit, the hustle, the intensity level?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X