X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey 2014-15: The Road from Alfond to Boston

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
    Much better period for you..
    Only 6 shots on goal for Maine in the 2nd period...

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
      Only 6 shots on goal for Maine in the 2nd period...
      Yeah but you at least were moving the puck.. you should have seen the 1st period

Comment

It may not mean anything to the current players but . . . I hope they show up ready to go v BU next week. This . . . won't do.
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Frustrating weekend. Maine is once again slow and simply can't keep up. Vermont killed them with speed. Going to be another long season
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            Your guess is as good as mine.

But the media scribes on here are thinking Vermont will sweep us. I don't see that happening. I think Maine is better than their record shows and Vermont isn't as good as theirs shows. Yes, their D has been sound, but teams like Clarkson and Northeastern aren't exactly world-beaters. Maine can steal at least one game in Burlington.
            Back to the drawing board .. that said, the difference for UVM is their D moves the puck very well. Hamilton (ours) has stopped making stupid passes for now. Priveterra is a game changer when paired with Paliotta..

Comment

• Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              It may not mean anything to the current players but . . . I hope they show up ready to go v BU next week. This . . . won't do.
              They better show up with the 1999 team in the building

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                They better show up with the 1999 team in the building
                I think your team needs more rich snooty kids.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  +++

Enough with scouring the tar sands of Canada and the mighty mite New England bantam leagues......Maine needs some blue bloods.......the hockey snots that have been carted around to ice rinks by their parents since they were 3. Do we have to wait until the next decade to get one (Wahlstrom)......????

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Is J. D. Dudek playing in the ushl? I assume he is still committed to BC? I just saw where he is currently playing for the Dubuque Fighting Saints. Scheduled for BC 2015-16. Maine recruited him heavily three years ago, but couldn't match what BC was going to give him.
                    Last edited by Runsub5; 11-08-2014, 09:54 PM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Is J. D. Dudek playing in the ushl? I assume he is still committed to BC? I just saw where he is currently playing for the Dubuque Fighting Saints. Scheduled for BC 2015-16. Maine recruited him heavily three years ago, but couldn't match what BC was going to give him.
                      As far as I know nothing has changed. He's with Dubuque and coming to BC.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Frustrating weekend. Maine is once again slow and simply can't keep up. Vermont killed them with speed. Going to be another long season
                        suppose devin leaves after this semester?

Comment

Yeah, frustrating weekend. UVM has a good team... probably in Boston for the HE playoffs but not for the big show is my guess. Maine on the other hand has lots of work yet to do. After squandering Fridays fiasco thought they would show us more last night. More talent and heart needed and quick... sigh.
                          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                            suppose devin leaves after this semester?
                            Don't see Shore leaving during the season,but would almost bet he does not return for his Senior season next fall.

Comment

Shore and Hutton aren't doing themselves any favors but when your teammates aren't helping what can you do. Devin made some room for himself last night but couldn't put it by the goalie.

I was thinking 5 or 6th place in the preseason, now 9th is looking more likely. I keep thinking team speed is getting better but yesterday was brutal. They might as well be skating in cement overshoes compared to Vermont.
                              Wonder what the bus ride home was like, love to be at practice today, not

At least when they play BU I get to see the next coming.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Shore was a threat friday night but did not notice him saturday night. Yes maine was much much slower than uvm. Dramatic difference in team speed. Uvm is probably better than given credit for though. See you in three weeks. Win some games. We want the pwr help

Comment

Working...
                                X