Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State @ UAA Seawolves All Tricks No Treats for the Lakers Oct 31st-Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lake Superior State @ UAA Seawolves All Tricks No Treats for the Lakers Oct 31st-

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    No it wasn't but a win is a win.
    Originally posted by Suze View Post
    That was not pretty.
    Sloppy passes etc.
    Let them hang around all night and bad things almost happen.
    Where's the team from the Kendal and Brice?

Comment

Re: Lake Superior State @ UAA Seawolves All Tricks No Treats for the Lakers Oct 31st-

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Sloppy passes etc.
      Let them hang around all night and bad things almost happen.
      Where's the team from the Kendal and Brice?
      Exactly! I brought a friend who used to come with us all the time, she just moved back to Alaska from Hawaii, and I kept telling her they looked so much better at the Kendall. She thought the guys looked great though. I bet we see a different UAA team tomorrow. What was the comment that coach said while leaving the ice? Something about wanting to replace all 20 of his guys?

Let's show the fans an exciting game tonight boys!!
      Last edited by Suze; 11-01-2014, 03:40 PM.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

*facepalm*
        JFC, we're gonna get killed in Houghton...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

*facepalm*
          My thoughts exactly. Hope we are wrong.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

*facepalm*
            a
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

It is so depressing to have only 1,851 fans on Friday night and who knows on Sat night. I am in the hospital but was able to see recap on my phone. We had 1200 fans at our last volleyball game and I bet you we will have at least one sell out at our new basketball arena...that is sad!!!

Comment

Your radio broadcast team are first class. I really enjoyed listening to them call the games.

The season is young and the Lakers are way better than their record. Good luck the rest of the way.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  It is so depressing to have only 1,851 fans on Friday night and who knows on Sat night. I am in the hospital but was able to see recap on my phone. We had 1200 fans at our last volleyball game and I bet you we will have at least one sell out at our new basketball arena...that is sad!!!
                  What is sadder is the fact that there is no ice in the new arena. I believe the volleyball team has the largest crowds ever since the started playing there. Hope you are ok Wolfman!!

The burning question ... did Thomas address the team in the locker room last night, or did he leave them sitting there waiting like Friday night?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                    Your radio broadcast team are first class. I really enjoyed listening to them call the games.

The season is young and the Lakers are way better than their record. Good luck the rest of the way.
                    Congrats on the Lakers first win, wish it came against someone else, but they are better than their record. And yes, Haider and Tuttle are some of the best in college hockey.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Lake State has had a pretty tough schedule to start. They were definitely overdue.

Looking forward to the series with the Seawolves.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                        Lake State has had a pretty tough schedule to start. They were definitely overdue.

Looking forward to the series with the Seawolves.
                        The overall record of the Lakers first 4 opponents (Tech, Robert Morris, Northern and Notre Dame) is currently 23-2-3. I would agree that is a pretty tough schedule to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          The overall record of the Lakers first 4 opponents (Tech, Robert Morris, Northern and Notre Dame) is currently 23-2-3. I would agree that is a pretty tough schedule to start.
                          Add in the Seawolves and it's 27-4-5. Tech was very much in a similar position not too long ago. They had a gauntlet of their first 6 to 10 games and had a similar record. Lake State has talent. Damon will do a fine job for them, give him time. It's taken Mel four years to get Tech to this point.

Comment

What is sadder is the fact that there is no ice in the new arena. I believe the volleyball team has the largest crowds ever since the started playing there. Hope you are ok Wolfman!!

The burning question ... did Thomas address the team in the locker room last night, or did he leave them sitting there waiting like Friday night?
                            Suze, as has been stated before, the greatest need was for the other sports teams to get out of the WFSC. It was small, antiquated and not up to college standards. UAA Hockey at least has the Sullivan, but the other sports had NOTHING! I would not go to basketball games because it was so uncomfortable. But If I lived in Anchorage now, I would definitely go to games like I did for UAA hockey.

I am hoping the upgrades to the Sullivan happen next year. I also hope that our new AD is correct about the future arena on campus. From what I can see, the new arena is phenomenal for UAA including hockey! It might not have ice but it does benefit hockey! And with the extra revenue it makes, who knows what might happen!

Our hockey team is really good this year and for only 1851 to attend is absolutely insulting. We still need a lot of work to do with regards to supporting hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                              Suze, as has been stated before, the greatest need was for the other sports teams to get out of the WFSC. It was small, antiquated and not up to college standards. UAA Hockey at least has the Sullivan, but the other sports had NOTHING! I would not go to basketball games because it was so uncomfortable. But If I lived in Anchorage now, I would definitely go to games like I did for UAA hockey.

I am hoping the upgrades to the Sullivan happen next year. I also hope that our new AD is correct about the future arena on campus. From what I can see, the new arena is phenomenal for UAA including hockey! It might not have ice but it does benefit hockey! And with the extra revenue it makes, who knows what might happen!

Our hockey team is really good this year and for only 1851 to attend is absolutely insulting. We still need a lot of work to do with regards to supporting hockey.
                              I know someone who works for the Sullivan Arena (SMG?) and she said the upgrades will start this next summer. We never have good crowds on Halloween night. Ever.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

While the volleyball team might've had the largest crowd ever it still was worse than the Sully. Similar seating arrangement, nobody up top, then "1,200" scattered in the lower bowl. Volleyball's largest crowd still looked emptier than our smallest crowd of "around 1,900". Basketball is going to be the same, while the men drive more people the women's team plays better and is more enjoyable. Men's basketball I think is going to top out at "3,000" for the Shootout, while the women will probably garner "2,000". And those are just the largest crowds, the average of people going during the season will bee a lot smaller, MBB ~1,750, WBB ~1,250, VB ~900. Hockey will probably bee around 2,500.

While I know in the long run a new sports complex was the right decision, it's still pretty sad to see a sparse crowd. At least in the WFSC it was pretty packed......not soo much on the far side of the WFSC. Something is obviously happening, a disconnect from fans to the sports/university, you can't say the economy anymore (the prices aren't that bad, though for students to bring guests has risen from $5 to $10 for games at the Alaska Airlines Center).

UAA (probably again) needs to do a study in why their attendance numbers have continued to fall (perhaps only hockey?). All of the teams (Hockey, MBB, WBB, VB) are all very solid, they all had winning seasons last year. MBB, WBB, and VB have probably a decade straight of winning season, and postseason berths. For a town of nearly 300,000 it seems asinine that you can't get 5,000 to see a hockey game (that is only 1.66% of the whole town's population. Or 4,000 to see a Men's Basketball game against a Division I team (1.33% of Anchorage), or at the very least 2,000 (0.66% of Anchorage's population) to see some ahem handsome women play volleyball in short shorts (I love you M......in case the off chance my girlfriend is reading this).

I'm gonna branch off of D's old rants about all the lower 48 people moving up here, the forever changing military population, etc. And continue the rant I started about seeing a game on your tv. While I cannot always make it to every hockey game, I do my absolute best to attend every hockey game I can. Sometimes life gets in the way, family problems, school, the mountains of homework that seemingly do the hankey pankey and leave the child support for me last minute, getting sick. But being the hardcore fan I do this, what can you say for the fair-weather fans?

The answer just may lie in broadcasting games. Now take into account all that D has ever mentioned, and include watching a hockey game, basketball game for free in your home. Sounds nice no? There are some nights here in Anchorage where I wonder, do I really wanna drive to the Sully, park for free next to the Black Angus Inn, walk down a slip and slide hill full of ice covered with a fine layer of fresh snow, sit in a cold arena, watch the game through some diiiirty *** glass, pay $5 for chicken strips and $3 for french fries that I swear are coated in lard and cooked in a microwave, pay $5 for a mocha when the smallest soda is $6, take a **** in the smelliest bathroom ever, then walk up the ice hill, and drive home? Or do I wanna just sit at home in my boxers, crack open a good beer and watch our Seawolves for free on the tube!?

Well my answer is go to the game, and no not just because I do not have GCI. It's yes, because I fell in love with the sport and this team. While the Seawolves might not always treat the best (in terms of winning) they have me coming back. Can you say this for the fair-weather fan? The answer is becoming no. This is not just happening here in Anchorage, all the major leagues and their teams are losing fans to the broadcast of games. While their primary issue is cost (I've seen that it can cost up to $1,500 for a family of four to go to a NBA basketball game, and don't forget the New York Bankees $600 or more center-front row tickets), the point is their experiencing it too. The experience of watching the game at home is getting better and better, while the prices of actually going to the game increase every year.

Their needs to be something added to the experience at the game, something you can't have sitting on your couch. The million dollar question is what? Or how many whats? Just off the top of my head for UAA Hockey, more parking right next to the Sully, better food (I can deal with the prices going up if the food/drink was actually good!), better bathrooms that don't smell forever of **** and bad tacos, a warmer more welcoming inside the Sully (winters are depressing enough, the last thing I wanna see when I go to a hockey game is 30 year old stains on plain concrete everywhere, don't forget the "yellow" seats), while I never liked the idea of cheerleaders at a hockey game hell at least they would distract me from the dingy interior of the Sully (again babe, sorry, I love you!).

Whew, I feel better getting that off my chest, maybee now I can continue studying physics for my midterm Tuesday instead of distracting myself! (But it was about UAA Hockey, soo it's important and stuff right!?) Anyways, sorry for the long read. Go Seawolves! And, let's continue this season at full blast!
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X