Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2014-2015. 138 miles to the ultimate goal.

LT, I think Fallon also scored against Dartmouth.
    Nice to see Izmirlian back. Almost getting healthy. Would be nice to get Day back in there. Not sure Weberg even has a spot when he gets healthy.
    Not sure I like the 3 D on the first power play unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boola View Post
      LT, I think Fallon also scored against Dartmouth.
      Nice to see Izmirlian back. Almost getting healthy. Would be nice to get Day back in there. Not sure Weberg even has a spot when he gets healthy.
      Not sure I like the 3 D on the first power play unit.
      Yeah I forgot about Fallens other goal. The power play has been a problem all season. They really do not get comfortable and set up a passing scheme during the PP. Tough to watch sometimes. I actually wondered if Weberg was a healthy scratch myself last night. Biaicco and Hitchcock are looking good. Freshman Repensky tried to take on a 6" 3" RPI guy last night after the guy flattened him on a rush, i admire his pluck, but the guy would have squashed him like a bug if he kept provoking him.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale got outworked and tired in the second, couple of stupid giveaways, end of story.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Have to disagree a little bit LT. Yes those 2 goals at the end of period 2 were the result of giveaways, but Union was far more effective offensively than Yale and the giveaways seemed inevitable given the amount of pressure that Union was applying with their forecheck. One the other end of the ice, Yale continues to struggle in putting several clean passes together to move the puck up ice and their power play is just dreadful. I think Yale's defense is solid but their lack of an effective forecheck is putting too much pressure on the back end. The offensive effort is there but the skill is lacking, particularly in comparison to the recent teams of the past.

Comment

Time for an extended holiday break and for some players to get healthy. Hopefully Santa will leave some scoring touch under Yale's tree. Likely to lose our leading scorer for the next 3 games as Haydon departs for World Junior tournament.

Comment

He is definitely on the team and has also been given the honor of Alternate Captain. Blowout of Sweden tonight. The USA Junior team looks very strong. Just bought my tickets for the Harvard game at MSG, Yale ticket office has lower level behind the net seats for $50. Not sure if this is a "season ticket holder only" thing ( I am), but, it is $30 off the ticketmaster price. Looks like Hayden will most likely miss the Vermont game, this is a huge pairwise game, and with at least two forwards out with what has been described as long term injuries, Yale needs all the help they can get for that game, as long as they do not overlook Holy Cross.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Story on Yale recruit Will D'Orsi and his St. Sebastian's team.

http://es.pn/1CGiZBM
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Hayden with the goal for USA!

Comment

Nice shutout win over HC. DiChiara had a nice game as well as Repensky, the bigger guys are starting to use the size advantage they sometimes have. PP back on track as well.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

First time all season the Bulldogs established traffic in front of the net. The result: a couple of greasy, hard nosed goals.

Comment

A solid TEAM win. No panic after early goal from Vermont. Shut down defense and opportunistic goal scoring. Alex Lyon strong when needed.

Comment

Can't wait to see the ROI @ MSG!

Comment

Excellent Win Yale .... finally and ECAC gets a win this weekend. You and Q finally get us in the wind column. We tried our best but BU has one hell of a team, even without Ekiel.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I have a question, by any chance does Frank Dichiara possibly have a maybe grandfather named Don that went to Colgate in the 1950's ? I was a young lad and the baseball batboy for Colgate and Don lived in Westchester county in NY where Frank lives ? Don was a very good first baseman and went on to play in the NY Penn-League.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                I have a question, by any chance does Frank Dichiara possibly have a maybe grandfather named Don that went to Colgate in the 1950's ? I was a young lad and the baseball batboy for Colgate and Don lived in Westchester county in NY where Frank lives ? Don was a very good first baseman and went on to play in the NY Penn-League.
                                Frank is from Long Island, his father is named Ernest if that is any help. I see Ernie sometimes before games, I will ask him if I see him.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X