Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2014-2015: Let's Play 10 Games in Massachusetts this Season

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
    I think it was Abramson and Hoffman at the Wild camp. Paliotta got traded to the Blue Jackets by Chicago and maybe Sifers was there.
    Ah, right. ooops.

Comment

Greetings Catamounts fans. A couple of us NU fans are making the trip up in October for the Northeastern game in Burlington. What's your best advice on getting tickets? Should I just go through the Northeastern ticket office or are they available through the UVM site? (I'm not sure if they're always sold out).

Besides that - any advice on where to go, where to eat and drink, what to see in the area on a Saturday?
      Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
        Greetings Catamounts fans. A couple of us NU fans are making the trip up in October for the Northeastern game in Burlington. What's your best advice on getting tickets? Should I just go through the Northeastern ticket office or are they available through the UVM site? (I'm not sure if they're always sold out).

Besides that - any advice on where to go, where to eat and drink, what to see in the area on a Saturday?
        Oh man, I wish there was a bad part of town I could send you to but there really isn't one. :-) Anyway...

I would say def get the tickets through NU ticket office to insure you get to sit with fellow NU fans in the visitors section..

Be sure to check out Church Street. American Flatbread, Vermont Pub and Brew, and a number of other great places are all near it.

Comment

The Farmhouse, Leunigs, El Cortijo are stellar.
          Magnolia Café and Skinny Pancake have breakfast/brunch as good as anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoser View Post
            Where are the hotels with the best deals?

Comment

If you like Chinese food, you can't do any better than A Single Pebble. I go there pretty much any time I'm in Burlington. Although it can be very difficult, you could also try to score some Heady Topper.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
                Where are the hotels with the best deals?
                Only a couple downtown, the Hotel Vermont, the Hilton and the Courtyard Marriott I think. All more expensive then the many hotels on Shelborne Road in South Burlington. Should be able to find a hotel with a national banner for under $100 a night.
                I hope that helps.

Comment

FYI, incoming class of 2019 finally announced:

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2015/8/...804155953.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                    We should come up with a generic response, because this topic comes up a few times a season and frankly I wouldn't recommend any of those places to visitors. I don't necessary dislike them all (although I barely consider the Farmhouse average let alone stellar) I think their are better options. I guess it all depends on your tastes, but perhaps we could come up with say.... If you like Italian.... If you like pubfood.... if you want a laidback atmosphere.... if you want to be close to the arena.... etc.

Maybe I'll try and come up with superlatives and we can all take a vote since it's the off season anyway.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      FYI, incoming class of 2019 finally announced:

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2015/8/...804155953.aspx

Looks like the goal was to bring in some size at F... also sounds like most of these guys are going to see ice time right away. Hopefully we can take another step forward.

Have to think we lose the rotation and Santa plays the majority of the games this season.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I guess there will be a bunch of guys competing for playing time.
                        At last count, I think there are 19 forwards and 9-10 dmen!
                        Getting the itch to scribble down some possible line combos with all that size/skill. (and 76% of goals coming back!)

Comment

Wow.....you get a commit from an ’02? Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch 1h1 hour ago
                          02 F Anthony Cipollone commits to UVM. First '02 recruit. Skilled Westchester Express scorer had great summer playing up w/ @Top_Shelf_Hky.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Youngest commitment ever. Geesh.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                              I guess there will be a bunch of guys competing for playing time.
                              At last count, I think there are 19 forwards and 9-10 dmen!
                              Getting the itch to scribble down some possible line combos with all that size/skill. (and 76% of goals coming back!)
                              It would be interesting to see what you think about possible line combinations.
                              Certainly I thought that the forward group last year was grossly undersized. Sinkbeil is huge but largely unskilled yet I think they felt compelled to run him out there to try to create a little physicality in the forecheck. Bowen, O'Neil and Coughlin are all larger bodied forwards who should see some ice time.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Wow.....you get a commit from an ’02? Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch 1h1 hour ago
                                02 F Anthony Cipollone commits to UVM. First '02 recruit. Skilled Westchester Express scorer had great summer playing up w/ @Top_Shelf_Hky.
                                His brother, Joey, 15, committed to UVM in January. Sounds like they want to play together but there's a lot of work to be done by them before then; that is, both have to continue to improve on and off ice just as any "commit" must. Plus, without coaches' gentlemen's agreement not to recruit committed players, any player this young could easily change mind over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X