Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Brice Alaska Goal Rush, Oct 17 & 18: Air Force, Penn State, UAA, UAF…

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    From what I saw of the hit, Morley didn't target the guys head like Cameron. Like I said, the hit on the Wisconsin player was out of frustration that the ref didn't make a call on a Wisconsin player that hit a UAA guy. Hits like that are unacceptable. I don't see it as a clean hit like others do because what I saw was a mad player who wanted to make a statement and didn't get away with it in the UAA/Wisconsin game.
    Yeah, Morley did target the head. That's the kind of hit that leaves players paralyzed. He lay sprawled on the ice for quite some time, with his head resting against the boards. It is unacceptable that no call was made. Where are these refs from anyway? I don't recognize many of the names.

As for the hit by Cameron, if he wanted payback, he would have hit the same player who hit Trupp, but that was not the case. You have no idea what was going through his mind when that happened. Almost every fan who responded on the USCHO and elsewhere about he hit, even Badger fans, said it was a clean hit.

After the Morley hit last night, Bruce said the Nanooks got away with one, but they can't call what they didn't see. Of the pow-wow at center ice between the two refs and the two linesmen, it's unbelievable that nobody saw the hit.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

So glad you assume I sleep around or ever have, just cause that's what you've known in your assumingly short lived hockey career doesn't mean it applies to every female who enjoys hockey. I would gladly invite you to ask any hockey player I've ever known to ask you if that statement was ever true.

You say you're not a drama queen but you looked like one when you were yelling your craziness at the Sully towards the refs.

But now I'm done with you, I will not give you the satisfaction of replying to any of your future posts. Later!
      I'm not calling you a dumb puck bunny because you sleep around. I call you that because you're a dumb little fangirl who can't see anything bad in anything UAF and only bad in anything UAA. A UAA player hits somebody, he's evil incarnate and exacting revenge. A UAF player hits somebody, he's a sweet little angel just making a play. All the UAA fans are crazy *holes who always do something horrible everytime to UAF fans in Anchorage. The UAF fans would never do anything like that!

I may be a guy who's a terrible a hockey player, yells at referees, and posts silly pony pictures. But, at least I can think objectively when it comes to UAA and UAF.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So glad you assume I sleep around or ever have, just cause that's what you've known in your assumingly short lived hockey career doesn't mean it applies to every female who enjoys hockey. I would gladly invite you to ask any hockey player I've ever known to ask you if that statement was ever true.

You say you're not a drama queen but you looked like one when you were yelling your craziness at the Sully towards the refs.

But now I'm done with you, I will not give you the satisfaction of replying to any of your future posts. Later!
        Wow, things must've been slow on your graveyard shift at McDonalds last night. I can sense a lot of passion in your writing.
        _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
        No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          But, at least I can think objectively when it comes to UAA and UAF.
          Bummer!
          I would never admit to, even if true, your last sentence.
          Hopefully that was done in a moment of weakness and empathy and you'll redeem yourself in any future references to _AF or mention of the inhabitants of that frozen berg on the edge of nowhere.
          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 10-18-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

From what I saw of the hit, Morley didn't target the guys head like Cameron. Like I said, the hit on the Wisconsin player was out of frustration that the ref didn't make a call on a Wisconsin player that hit a UAA guy. Hits like that are unacceptable. I don't see it as a clean hit like others do because what I saw was a mad player who wanted to make a statement and didn't get away with it in the UAA/Wisconsin game.
            You are so far off earth here, that I wonder how much longer you should neglect that brain injury.

UAF Ice Angel: "A lot of people go to college for 10 years".

Everyone else: "Yeah, they're called doctors".

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
              You are so far off earth here, that I wonder how much longer you should neglect that brain injury.

UAF Ice Angel: "A lot of people go to college for 10 years".

Everyone else: "Yeah, they're called doctors".
              "John Hancock? Pfft, it's Herbie Hancock!"
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                "John Hancock? Pfft, it's Herbie Hancock!"
                I don't expect UAF Ice Angel to "keep up". She ate paint chips as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                  I don't expect UAF Ice Angel to "keep up". She ate paint chips as a kid.
                  Maybe she lived under power lines as a kid?
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    Todays game will be tape delayed on GCI channel 1.
                    Did The Crossbar use GCI channel 1 or the WCHA feed for the Penn St game?
                    They used the WCHA feed last night. The only reason I know is because the game locked up one time and a Crossbar employee came out to re-set it. He had the "WCHA Live" screen on while he was scrolling through the reset functions. It only went down that one time & Crossbar was right on it..

Comment

Morely’s hit was unnecessary and probably deserved a five and a game misconduct. I don’t know how you define it or police it, but when a player’s intent is more about crushing another player (head shot or not) than it is about neutralizing that player’s effectiveness without unnecessarily taking yourself out of the play, then there may be grounds for calling a penalty (IMHO). But I also think the same about Cameron’s hit, legal or not. It's where the game is going (rightfully so), so we better get used to it. Wouldn’t be surprised if Morley’s hit is reviewed by someone.

Good character game last night for the Nooks, but not their best effort.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                        They used the WCHA feed last night. The only reason I know is because the game locked up one time and a Crossbar employee came out to re-set it. He had the "WCHA Live" screen on while he was scrolling through the reset functions. It only went down that one time & Crossbar was right on it..
                        Thanks Rox!

Comment

The way I see it, or IMHO the Seawolves lead the tournament at this point.
                          Goal differential is tied but UAA wins it based on fewest goals allowed.
                          Does anyone have a set of tournament rules?
                          Or do we do it like UA_ has in the past and the rules will be made up after the games are played?
                          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 10-18-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Didn’t both teams allow 3 goals?

The shootout goal counts to determine who won the game, but I don’t know if it counts in goal differential. I don’t know if UAA is a +1 or a +0.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Didn’t both teams allow 3 goals?

The shootout goal counts to determine who won the game, but I don’t know if it counts in goal differential. I don’t know if UAA is a +1 or a +0.
                              It really sucks to get corrected by a nook!
                              A pox on ya.
                              They'll print those rules up after tonight's games.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                                Morely’s hit was unnecessary and probably deserved a five and a game misconduct.
                                Go Nooks!
                                You might be a prime candidate for "Banishment from the village" with gossip like that.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X