Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Time to put this thread, and, the greatest season in UNO history, to bed, with a bit of a retrospective.

This season, we saw: the greatest recruiting class in the history of the school live up to that hype, a 3rd place conference finish after being picked 6th in the preseason coaches poll and 7th in the media poll, one single player elevate his play from what he had been to the point that he made mincemeat out of the UNO single season record books in goal and establish marks that might not get touched in my lifetime, the school's 3rd ever appearance in the NCAA tourney along with the first two tourney wins in program history, which led to the school's first ever Frozen Four appearance.

Along the way, we were in the middle of building our state-of-the-art dual rink arena facility that we will play in next season, one that will be the 8th largest in all of college hockey, in which it looks very likely we will sell out every game we play in it next season, had a player on our team break an all time NCAA scoring record that had stood for 45 years, beat the then #1 team in the nation in a nationally televised game, at home, in front of a 5 figure crowd, in overtime. The school received first place votes in a national poll for the 2nd time in school history, finished 8th in Pairwise and went 6-5-3 against the teams that finished ranked ahead of us in Pairwise, won or tied 3 games against teams that at one point in the season were the #1 team in the country in the polls, or, in Pairwise, and achieved the highest poll ranking in team history, at #3 (the week of the Frozen Four), all while losing in the National Semi-final to the team that ultimately won the National Championship.

Not too shabby of a season for a team with 17 underclassman who arguably exceeded the wildest expectations of any fan we have, including that of the head coach, who has said that very same thing, himself, on numerous occasions the past 3 weeks or so. While we're at it, they exceeded mine, too.

Not too shabby at all. Much to look forward to next season, which I will cover in our off season thread. Hopefully, we can somehow figure out a way to improve on this season, a season in which I would expect UNO to start out in the pre-season top 10 of.

The sleeper DID awaken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ragXpWsAI
    Last edited by Red Cows; 04-12-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X