Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
    Sam Anas will dress. Lets go Q!!!
    That is GREAT news!!

Go Q!!!!

Comment

Well the boys played alright tonight. Better than the score reflected Garteig wants the second one back. He was shielded on the first.

North Dakota played a solid game but their physical defense was too much for us. They blocked shots and McIntyre is a special player who will be pivotal to their national championship hopes. Good luck to them.

Hard to not know when I will be able to see another Q game but I had a blast for the past 4 years as an undergrad. 2 years ago is something I wouldn't trade for all the money I have. What a career out of Matt Peca. It will be exciting to see what he does in his future. This senior class rose the bar (dont forget about BVB) much like the past two classes. They have paved the way for continued success. Always fun posting on here with everyone else who has a passion for this program. Thanks and..Go Bobcats
      Quinnipiac University '15
      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
      ECAC Championship: 2016
      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Thanks to Matt Peca, Danny Federico and Justin Agosta. The last 3 years have been great. We have pretty much the entire team returning next year so hopefully some of the freshman take the next step and lets see what recruits will come to Hamden or stay back in juniors for another year.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

As BigAl said, that game was a lot closer than the score indicated. 5x5 these teams are about as equal as it gets. Tonight, North Dakota got the Bobcats with special teams. I have to imagine that if Anas was fully healthy this may have come out a bit different. North Dakota also was a bit better in net, and when you combine that with a strong special teams performance...well...you often get a victory.

I really enjoy watching your program continue to grow. I have no doubts that we'll be seeing each other in similar spots in the years to come, and hopefully we can start playing some regular season series. Good luck next season...unless we meet again.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            As BigAl said, that game was a lot closer than the score indicated. 5x5 these teams are about as equal as it gets. Tonight, North Dakota got the Bobcats with special teams. I have to imagine that if Anas was fully healthy this may have come out a bit different. North Dakota also was a bit better in net, and when you combine that with a strong special teams performance...well...you often get a victory.

I really enjoy watching your program continue to grow. I have no doubts that we'll be seeing each other in similar spots in the years to come, and hopefully we can start playing some regular season series. Good luck next season...unless we meet again.
            You guys played really good tonight especially on the back end with so many blocked shots. If you get to Boston I think you have a tremendous shot to win it all after what I saw tonight.
            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

I don't care what the final result was. I was nervous till UND scored that ENG.

UND is pretty **** lucky that Q's PP wasn't totally clicking. Gave Q way too much PP time. Pretty darn nerve racking...

Overall, a very good game to watch. I wonder if this opens up future possibilities of UND and QU playing each other again somewhere down the road? I like fast paced back and forth hockey.

Comment

Well, a shame it had to end like that (I actually thought the score was kind to Q, which surprised me), but a great season overall by Q this year. Peca will certainly go on to a solid pro career. Thanks for representing the conference so well the last few years, and good luck in the future.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I've been trying to think about what to write after that game. I wasn't terribly impressed with Quinnipiac's game tonight. I can write about that, I could certainly write about Garteig, I could certainly write about the inability to get to the slot ...

But you know what, I'm not going to talk about all of that.

I was a freshman in 2004-'05. We were in Atlantic Hockey back then, and when the Bobcats lost, in OT of their conference tournament game, the season was over. If you had told me back then, in my freshman year, that ten years later Quinnipiac would have made three straight NCAA Tournaments, all as an at-large team, and that they'd have as many wins as losses in those three tournaments, I'd have never believed you.

The growth in this program over these last few years has been absolutely unbelievable.

Ten years ago, I'd have been happy to be in the tournament. Now, I'm upset about the way the Bobcats played in the tournament. It's no longer good enough to just make the tournament.

It hurts that they lost tonight. And you know what? That is a **** good feeling to have. Ten years ago, I would have been thrilled with tonight's performance. Now? I expected more. That's where this program is. It's a credit to Jack, to Rand, and to President Lahey.

By the way: That's the last Quinnipiac hockey game to ever be played with Jack McDonald as the athletic director.

So, Jack: Thank you. Thank you for your tireless efforts at turning Quinnipiac hockey into a national power. It's because of your belief, your drive, and your incredible vision that I'm this upset over a Quinnipiac loss in the NCAA Tournament. I hope, Jack, that you get a chance to soak all of this in before you leave your office in June, because the growth of this athletic department under your leadership has been nothing short of incredible.

I was a small part of it as a student media member during my time in Hamden -- but even I've been amazed by what's happened since I left.

So, yes. This hurts. It hurts that Quinnipiac is one of the top 16 teams in the entire country for the third straight year. Isn't that amazing? I mean, think about that. Isn't that amazing?

Comment

A bittersweet end to an otherwise great season. Hats off to North Dakota for doing what they needed to do to get it done.

Peca, Federico, Barron, and Agosta anchored a team that was supposed to be middle of the pack. Our youth at times hurt us but also provides an insight to the future. Things will continue to be fine in Hamden next season and beyond.

It was a fun ride and an exciting season. Thank you to all the Bobcats.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I'll now be accepting names for the offseason thread. Larson and Schvatz dont let me down
                      Quinnipiac University '15
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                      ECAC Championship: 2016
                      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        A bittersweet end to an otherwise great season. Hats off to North Dakota for doing what they needed to do to get it done.

Peca, Federico, Barron, and Agosta anchored a team that was supposed to be middle of the pack. Our youth at times hurt us but also provides an insight to the future. Things will continue to be fine in Hamden next season and beyond.

It was a fun ride and an exciting season. Thank you to all the Bobcats.
                        Peca is the real deal.

Comment

After a few hours sleep I don't feel any better about the loss but still think it's been a great season. The last game watching the seniors is always tough for me. I hate to see anyone lose their last game but I guess somebody has to in any sport. This years group, while not large, have made huge contributions to the program and will be sorely missed.

Justin Agosta - a 5th year transfer came in with high expectations and a solid resume. While his on-ice performance was viewed by many as average at best, I think his maturity and leadership probably helped the team more than his play. I do feel we were a better team with him then we would have been without him.

Alex Barron - what can be said about a guy who came to every game not knowing where he was going to play? He's been an integral part of this squad for the past 3 seasons (NCAA regulations are stealing his last year from him and us). Every time he's on the ice he knows his roll and performs it with intensity. He seemed to really blossom this year and was a defacto co-captain IMHO. In case nobody noticed, Alex was always the last one off he ice after warmups, standing at the gate waiting to give each and every one of his teammates a pat on the back as they left the ice.

Danny Federico - I remember the first time I saw him... thinking he was a clumsy kid who would never be a starter. Wow, was I wrong. Danny has become one of the best defensemen to ever wear the blue & gold. His hard work paid off and he became a solid, consistent d-man who bailed us out on the PK more times than I can recall. I will miss looking for him to dig the puck out of the corner and let it sail down the ice.

Matt Peca - I'm not sure what to say about Matt expect "exciting". Who will ever forget his performance in Providence where he single-handedly destroyed a stout Union squad sending us to Pittsburgh? The kid has only one gear... high. His compete level is off the charts and I can't think of too many other Bobcats that were able to do what he did. Truly a pleasure to watch over the last 4 years and he will leave a huge hole to be filled.

To these 4 young men, thank you. It's been an honor and a pleasure to watch each of you play. You have contributed to a program that has reached a level many of us thought wouldn't happen for quite a while. Hopefully there's still some hockey to be played in your futures. Even if you never lace up a pair of skates again, best of luck in your future endeavors.

To the rest of the team, thank you for an entertaining season. The talent returning next year makes me certain we can and will make another run for a successful season. There's absolutely no shame in the way the season ended. It was an exciting ride that came up just a little short. You'll have another shot at it soon (but not soon enough for me... is it October yet?).
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            After a few hours sleep I don't feel any better about the loss but still think it's been a great season. The last game watching the seniors is always tough for me. I hate to see anyone lose their last game but I guess somebody has to in any sport. This years group, while not large, have made huge contributions to the program and will be sorely missed.

Justin Agosta - a 5th year transfer came in with high expectations and a solid resume. While his on-ice performance was viewed by many as average at best, I think his maturity and leadership probably helped the team more than his play. I do feel we were a better team with him then we would have been without him.

Alex Barron - what can be said about a guy who came to every game not knowing where he was going to play? He's been an integral part of this squad for the past 3 seasons (NCAA regulations are stealing his last year from him and us). Every time he's on the ice he knows his roll and performs it with intensity. He seemed to really blossom this year and was a defacto co-captain IMHO. In case nobody noticed, Alex was always the last one off he ice after warmups, standing at the gate waiting to give each and every one of his teammates a pat on the back as they left the ice.

Danny Federico - I remember the first time I saw him... thinking he was a clumsy kid who would never be a starter. Wow, was I wrong. Danny has become one of the best defensemen to ever wear the blue & gold. His hard work paid off and he became a solid, consistent d-man who bailed us out on the PK more times than I can recall. I will miss looking for him to dig the puck out of the corner and let it sail down the ice.

Matt Peca - I'm not sure what to say about Matt expect "exciting". Who will ever forget his performance in Providence where he single-handedly destroyed a stout Union squad sending us to Pittsburgh? The kid has only one gear... high. His compete level is off the charts and I can't think of too many other Bobcats that were able to do what he did. Truly a pleasure to watch over the last 4 years and he will leave a huge hole to be filled.

To these 4 young men, thank you. It's been an honor and a pleasure to watch each of you play. You have contributed to a program that has reached a level many of us thought wouldn't happen for quite a while. Hopefully there's still some hockey to be played in your futures. Even if you never lace up a pair of skates again, best of luck in your future endeavors.

To the rest of the team, thank you for an entertaining season. The talent returning next year makes me certain we can and will make another run for a successful season. There's absolutely no shame in the way the season ended. It was an exciting ride that came up just a little short. You'll have another shot at it soon (but not soon enough for me... is it October yet?).
                            ^ what he said.

But in all seriousness, another season of which I am **** proud. Of course I would have loved nothing more than a win last night (and I honestly thought QU was going to win), but thems the brakes I guess.

It does leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth thinking about the way the game transpired. Quinnipiac was right with NoDak in the opening frame before the Cliftons took after-the-whistle penalties to not only negate a PP, but put them on the PK. The second goal was a softie that had no right going in, but that's what happens when you throw the puck at the net. The PP simply got outworked on the third goal; something you just cannot have happen when you were already trailing by two. Overall, I thought Quinnipiac hung with NoDak, save for the special teams.

Just frustrating. Oh well. I am proud of the way they played.

Quinnipiac hockey gives me an invaluable gift every year: the opportunity to go back to a town I called home for four years and pretend I am still in college. It gives me the chance to reunite with amazing people that I am lucky to call great friends. It's always tough to see the season come to an end, but equally exciting to think about next year!

Go Bobcats!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                              I'll now be accepting names for the offseason thread. Larson and Schvatz dont let me down
                              What about:

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015 Off-Season: "Thanks for the memories, Jack"

Comment

Couple options -

"When's Big Al's Bachelor Party?"

"Jack McDonald ... A Rich Man's Bill Walton"

"I Hear Sidestreet Is Nice In The Summer"

"Fourth Time's The Charm"

"TD Bank Sports Center ... America's Most Convenient Sports Center"

"Is Tampa Driving Distance?"

"Jack McDonald - What A Long Strange Trip It's Been"

"Time For FredDavenport To Reveal Himself"

Comment

Working...
                                X