2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Mark..Hope to see you in Lake Placid. Something been bothering me all year though. When I saw you Saturday at the rink last year I was beaming all over(with a huge smile) after we beat you guys. You mentioned that to me later here. I wasn't rubbing it in if that's what you thought. I was just too dam happy that day and celebrating with some libation. To me, I guage our success for the year by if we make the final four ECAC or not, plus being in Lake Placid I'm just on such a high anyways. So if I'm smiling, it's because I'm just ecstatic to be there, not rubbing it in. We could possibly be meeting again up there this year, if we beat Bruno today, I sure hope so.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      I wasn't rubbing it in if that's what you thought. I was just too dam happy that day and celebrating with some libation.
      Not at all what I thought Steve. You were beaming and deservedly so. As hard as it is, I can be gracious in defeat. You guys beat us and you were entitled to "beam". Do you think it would have been any different the other way around?

I hope we both make it to Placid in a few weeks.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good...I thought about that too many times, lol. Never said anything because I figured I was being trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Good...I thought about that too many times, lol. Never said anything because I figured I was being trivial.
          Geez... now I feel bad that you had to carry that burden all year!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            Geez... now I feel bad that you had to carry that burden all year!
            Yikes

Comment

Not a good way to end the regular season. The 9 game unbeaten streak ends... time to start another.

For as well as they played last night, tonight they just weren't crisp. They didn't really get outplayed by much but just couldn't seem to get anything going when they needed to. I'm sure Garts wants at least 2 of those goals back.

Oh well... still a great regular season and a Cleary Cup to show for it. The new season starts next weekend and we get to sit out the first round.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

I think all momentum would've been thwarted by the bye anyway. Now they have a loss to reflect on for two weeks before hosting a quarterfinal series. A week off always helps get everyone closer to being completely healthy. I like our chances against all the teams we'd face in the quarters. Should be interesting to see where we are in Pairwise by the next time we play
                Quinnipiac University '15
                ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                ECAC Championship: 2016
                NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/high...n-john-leonard

DJ Petruzzelli with 2 assists including on GWG by Riley Prattson (Providence)
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                    I think all momentum would've been thwarted by the bye anyway. Now they have a loss to reflect on for two weeks before hosting a quarterfinal series. A week off always helps get everyone closer to being completely healthy. I like our chances against all the teams we'd face in the quarters. Should be interesting to see where we are in Pairwise by the next time we play
                    I love that thought. I was thinking all weekend about how a 10 game win streak would effect the play in the coming ECACs. On one hand it could have exploded the offense and on the other hand they could have been very nonchalant. But with this loss jabbed right at them, they might be more focused and humbled. I think Peca and Feds will have these boys ready to go and all sorts of amped up.

The ever so elusive ECAC Tournament Championship... Oh how I would love one!!!
                    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                    - Elon Musk

Comment

How is everyone hoping this weekend turns out??
                      "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                      - Elon Musk

Comment

• Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                        I'm pulling for RPI, Brown, Cornell, and Princeton.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          I would love to see Princeton upset Dartmouth!
                          Would also like to see Brown and RPI win. I'm torn on the Cornell/Union game. Maybe Union

Comment

Originally posted by BobNY View Post
                            I would love to see Princeton upset Dartmouth!
                            Would also like to see Brown and RPI win. I'm torn on the Cornell/Union game. Maybe Union
                            Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            Yeah I do hope there are a few upsets. Especially the Princeton/Dartmouth game... just like almost every other year in the ECAC, you never know who is going to show up and who is going to fold. There are a few games I hope turn out better than other in the tourney just for the fact of getting another ECAC team or possible a third into the NCAAs.
                            - Elon Musk

Comment

• Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                              Mayhem. Multiple OT's as often as possible, 3 games for all series, get the crazy out of the way in the 1st round

Comment

T minus 34 hours and counting to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X