Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    To be fair -- before Stewart came into the league people were saying the same thing. Maybe it's just that hard to find good referees for college. Maybe they're not paying these guys enough, so better guys aren't willing to work for them.

I mean, look at the disaster NHL refereeing is. This isn't a problem isolated to the ECAC. It's a lightning-quick game, and these guys can't keep up.
    You hear the same complaints out of all of the conferences, especially Hockey East. It's like any workplace, 10-20% of the workers don't have a clue.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

I think Stewart could actually do a decent job if he could step away from calling out NHL'ers on his HockeyBuzz blog for a little bit and develop some plans to improve that 10-20%.

Comment

The game against Yale was shown Canada wide. The 2nd and 3rd periods for me had to be 2 of the worst periods of hockey I have seen the Bobcats play all year.
        Didn't see so much as 1 minute of the Brown game but from what I'm reading here a referee had a lot to do with the outcome. That's always bad for any sport.

CK
        BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaKen View Post
          The game against Yale was shown Canada wide. The 2nd and 3rd periods for me had to be 2 of the worst periods of hockey I have seen the Bobcats play all year.
          They were. We were very lucky that Yale wasn't able to capitalize it. That tells me they didn't have a really good game either.

Didn't see so much as 1 minute of the Brown game but from what I'm reading here a referee had a lot to do with the outcome.
          Well, he (McDonald) tried. Neither call was directly tied to the outcome but that doesn't excuse the ineptitude of the officiating.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            You hear the same complaints out of all of the conferences, especially Hockey East. It's like any workplace, 10-20% of the workers don't have a clue.
            Exactly. The NHL can't find enough good refs, how the heck is college hockey going to?

Comment

It also doesn't help the cause when you do see Q showing immaturity in their decision making. There are plenty of times I find myself complaining about something one of the young guys do on that ice, and I'm especially talking about you, Connor Clifton. Not to say any names or anything. But then again I agree with you guys on the fact that there are a few refs as soon as they step on the ice I know its going to be a loooooong game.

Harvard will be a tough one this week seeing as though they got embarrassed by SLU and most likely embarrassed tonight in the Bean Pot. I hope Rand got the Honeymoon stage out of these boys and back focused on the task at hand!
              "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
              - Elon Musk

Comment

Friday is a BIG game. We will not jump any higher with a win, if everyone holds, but will fall to 15th with a loss. Absolutely have to pick a win. Remember that CHN has a cool Pairwise machine that allows you to change results and plan out the rest of the season. Link is here: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/ncaapwcr.php#

The biggest problem is the NCHC is causing many problems. Teams are only increasing their SOS every week so losses don't move them down at all. This meaning we likely wont be able to move up much more regardless
                Quinnipiac University '15
                ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                ECAC Championship: 2016
                NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                  It also doesn't help the cause when you do see Q showing immaturity in their decision making. There are plenty of times I find myself complaining about something one of the young guys do on that ice, and I'm especially talking about you, Connor Clifton. Not to say any names or anything.
                  Do you mean this in terms of penalties or game play with C. Clifton. He has been much better this year in regard to "foolish" penalties. He took a bunch last year. He had like 100+ PIMs last year and he has about 50 PIMs so far this year. His offensive numbers are down a bit (slight sophomore slump?) but I am not sure it is too much of an issue as long as he continues to progress on the defensive side of the game. He is also a much needed physical presence.

Not saying it's not there but I haven't noticed immaturity issues with Clifton this year.

Comment

Originally posted by toogees View Post
                    Not saying it's not there but I haven't noticed immaturity issues with Clifton this year.
                    Oh, he's had a few issues but has been a bit better than last season.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      Oh, he's had a few issues but has been a bit better than last season.
                      Originally posted by toogees View Post
                      Do you mean this in terms of penalties or game play with C. Clifton. He has been much better this year in regard to "foolish" penalties. He took a bunch last year. He had like 100+ PIMs last year and he has about 50 PIMs so far this year. His offensive numbers are down a bit (slight sophomore slump?) but I am not sure it is too much of an issue as long as he continues to progress on the defensive side of the game. He is also a much needed physical presence.

I totally agree that he has been playing a lot better and has cut down on his foolish penalties but he also (not the only one) gets caught out of position. Don't get me wrong, I love the tenacity and passion the kid plays with. I would want him next to me in a bar fight which is a very good quality to possess.

I can be very critical of play at times but I have been very pleasantly surprised by the all around hustle and play of the boys. Regardless it would be nice to see them make it to a Regional and make a big splash to get the excitement up for next year and get them hungry.
                      "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                      - Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                        I totally agree that he has been playing a lot better and has cut down on his foolish penalties but he also (not the only one) gets caught out of position. Don't get me wrong, I love the tenacity and passion the kid plays with. I would want him next to me in a bar fight which is a very good quality to possess.

I can be very critical of play at times but I have been very pleasantly surprised by the all around hustle and play of the boys. Regardless it would be nice to see them make it to a Regional and make a big splash to get the excitement up for next year and get them hungry.
                        I completely agree on the Clifton analysis. He does get caught out of position alot. The biggest problem we have defensively is people let opposing forwards walk right in front of Garteig. Thats when we give up goals. When someone comes from behind the net and is allowed right in front of Garteig. Has happened too many times and its usually Clifton or Federico
                        Quinnipiac University '15
                        ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                        ECAC Championship: 2016
                        NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                        Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                          I completely agree on the Clifton analysis. He does get caught out of position alot. The biggest problem we have defensively is people let opposing forwards walk right in front of Garteig. Thats when we give up goals. When someone comes from behind the net and is allowed right in front of Garteig. Has happened too many times and its usually Clifton or Federico
                          Hell yeah it does. But Garteig does a good job of leaving himself up to dry when he gets too comfortable leaving the crease to play the puck. I am so happy that he changed that for the second half of the season though! Sucks that I won't being seeing many, if any, games live anymore!
                          - Elon Musk

Comment

Thought you guys would enjoy this story I did on the growth of college hockey, and how the NHL has benefited from that growth.

NEW YORK – Thirty-five years ago, television broadcaster Al Michaels asked a question that’s become synonymous with hockey in America. The question had a major impact on the five rings of the 1980 Winter Olympics in upstate New York. The answer has left an indelible mark on the entire sport.

A group of largely-unknown college hockey players had just beaten the greatest hockey team in the world, putting American hockey on the map.

The growth continues to this day, especially at the increasingly-competitive collegiate hockey level, where the talent continues to improve.
                            http://www.insidehockey.com/nhl-cont...ockeys-growth/

Comment

Want to know how big the losses to UConn, UMass and Merrimack were. Say we go 3-1 against those teams still losing the game at Merrimack. The team would be 3rd in the Pairwise right now and an absolute lock for the tournament. Even if we just won against UConn and UMass we would still be 4th. I did the college hockey news customized results. Lets just say we need to take care of business this weekend and in the tournament or we will have the whole off season to say what if.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Nice piece of work. It is a great story for NCAA hockey.

Just saw this posted on Yahoo - Not sure I agree 100% with everything in the article, but an interesting take:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...150735450.html

Comment

Working...
                                X