Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    He said no, but I wonder if the atmosphere contributed to that with the younger guys? At the end of the day, neither team played to their potential. How do you miss a wide open net with the goalie totally out of position and then put the puck directly UNDER him? Probably fitting that both games ended in a tie.

On to tonight. Brown has won 4 in a row. Time to get back to Bobcats hockey and take care of our own business. It's senior night and the underclassmen need to make a statement of thanks to those four guys. Not to mention securing the Cleary cup.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold
    I think it absolutely was the atmosphere. Guys trying to do too much, everyone panicking with the puck, getting rid of it quickly so they won't make a mistake, that's what it was. This is a young team, those kinds of things happen. The pressure of the Yale-Quinnipiac event put too much in their heads. Now they nee to find a way to get that energy back up tonight for what's always a classic let-down game.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
      Now they nee to find a way to get that energy back up tonight for what's always a classic let-down game.
      Definitely not the same Brown team we faced 3 weeks ago. Brown has really stepped up their play of late and seem to always give us fits. Whether it's the build-up or let down from the Yale game, Brown is always a tough game. But like I said, being senior night, and the last regular season home game, lots of Bobcat pride on the line. I think they'll respond appropriately.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I just wish that McDonald would get fired! He is God awful!!!!
        "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
        - Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
          I just wish that McDonald would get fired! He is God awful!!!!
          That dive was abominable, but the major was correct. I know Bill and Brooks didn't think so, but that was a major. Granted the Brown kid kind of turns his back on the play, but you cant hit him in that spot on the ice. Especially in college hockey, you're asking the ref to toss you from the game. Was it the right call? It was borderline, but I'm OK with the major there.

The dive, on the other end ... McDonald needs to learn hockey, because our player risked breaking his leg falling into the boards that way. There's no way he's embellishing that when he's about to go sprawling feet-first into the boards. That's asinine.

Comment

As for the game ... the less we say about the first 45 minutes, the better. Goodness gracious, almost that entire weekend was a complete nightmare for the Bobcats. They're very fortunate to get one point out of that weekend, much less two. They got way more than they deserved.

Comment

This tie is a killer more than last night's one. They really need to sweep next weekend to have any potential cushion come playoff time.
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Tied for 10th in the pairwise.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                  As for the game ... the less we say about the first 45 minutes, the better.
                  I thought they totally outplayed Brown for most of the game, those two horrendous turnovers notwithstanding. Ernst kept Bruno in the game and we were a bit snakebit. The effort was definitely better tonight than it was last night.

The dive was one of the worst calls I've witnessed all year. McDonald is a complete tool for calling that. I didn't see the hit that drew the major when it happened but did see the replay. It was borderline as it looked like the Brown player was already starting to fall. I can live with the major (hindsight is 20/20) but think a 2 could have been given just as easily.

How about that Federico kid? Two big goals on the weekend... shades of Kevin Bui! Danny is one of the best defensemen to ever wear blue & gold so it was great to see him light the lamp a few times. The reaction from his family, who have been to just about every game during his QU career, was priceless. He'll be sorely missed after graduation.

While this weekend wasn't stellar, they managed to grind out a very valuable two points. There's still work to do next weekend. A win over Harvard will have a tremendous impact on the pairwise. And the points secure the Cleary outright.

As usual, it was great to see the deli man in da house. That other clown from Maine... well, maybe he'll make an appearance for the playoffs.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Congrats on the Cleary Cup !
                    Let's go Union !
                    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                    NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      Congratulations Q on your second Cleary Cup!!! You really earned it !!!! I think it is the most important trophy in the ECAC because it really signifies the best team and encompasses a body of work which is the whole season. You also won it going away, not one of these last minute affairs .....
                      Now you can congratulate Quinnipiac

Congratulations Quinnipiac ... I have a feeling it might be a Quinnipiac/SLU ECAC Championship game, which would be quite the show down on the large ice surface in Lake Placid! Still a long ways to go though for both teams!
                      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                        Now you can congratulate Quinnipiac

Congratulations Quinnipiac ... I have a feeling it might be a Quinnipiac/SLU ECAC Championship game, which would be quite the show down on the large ice surface in Lake Placid! Still a long ways to go though for both teams!
                        No you can't! You can congratulate them on the #1 seed and a SHARE of the Cleary Cup at this point! SLU can still tie Q in points!

Congratulations on that...so far!
                        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                          No you can't! You can congratulate them on the #1 seed and a SHARE of the Cleary Cup at this point! SLU can still tie Q in points!

Congratulations on that...so far!
                          A share of the Cleary Cup is still the Cleary Cup regardless ... Of course a share of the Cleary Cup would be nice for us as well, but it doesn't mean that the Q can't celebrate their title now and it certainly doesn't mean we can't congratulate them at this point either! ... Congratulations Q!!
                          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I thought they totally outplayed Brown for most of the game, those two horrendous turnovers notwithstanding. Ernst kept Bruno in the game and we were a bit snakebit. The effort was definitely better tonight than it was last night.

The dive was one of the worst calls I've witnessed all year. McDonald is a complete tool for calling that. I didn't see the hit that drew the major when it happened but did see the replay. It was borderline as it looked like the Brown player was already starting to fall. I can live with the major (hindsight is 20/20) but think a 2 could have been given just as easily.
                            Exactly my thoughts. It is McDonald's prerogative to give the major even though I have seen much worse given 2 this season. I didn't agree with 5 but could live with it. Not a smart play by MacMaster in that spot.

The hook/ embellishment call is so typical of McDonald. He is and has been gutless for years. I knew as soon as I saw him step on the ice that he would play a part in this game. He was an non-factor for 2.5 periods, but guess he couldn't help himself. There are some real good officials in the ECAC. The Yale / QU game was a positive example of the type of product the ECAC can produce in regard to officiating. Unfortunately, officials like McDonald cast a dark cloud over everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by toogees View Post
                              He was an non-factor for 2.5 periods, but guess he couldn't help himself.
                              A couple of us had the same exact thoughts last night. If McDonald is working a game, he makes sure everyone in the arena knows it.

Unfortunately, officials like McDonald cast a dark cloud over everyone.
                              That's what happens when you're connected to Paul Stewart. The officiating problems start at the top. The gutless ones are Hagwell and Stewart for not laying down the law with the officiating corps. They want the ECAC to be an elite league yet never do anything to back up the talk. All I ask for is consistency... and we haven't ever had that from the officials.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

A couple of us had the same exact thoughts last night. If McDonald is working a game, he makes sure everyone in the arena knows it.

That's what happens when you're connected to Paul Stewart. The officiating problems start at the top. The gutless ones are Hagwell and Stewart for not laying down the law with the officiating corps. They want the ECAC to be an elite league yet never do anything to back up the talk. All I ask for is consistency... and we haven't ever had that from the officials.
                                To be fair -- before Stewart came into the league people were saying the same thing. Maybe it's just that hard to find good referees for college. Maybe they're not paying these guys enough, so better guys aren't willing to work for them.

I mean, look at the disaster NHL refereeing is. This isn't a problem isolated to the ECAC. It's a lightning-quick game, and these guys can't keep up.

Comment

Working...
                                X