2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Game highlights from the Hockey East site.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0R_QsRQjs

Comment

Horrible weekend... for whatever reason they just couldn't figure the Warriors out. No sustained pressure offensively and 'mack was skating into our zone at will most of the night. I thought Lawrence played as well as he could.

Toews didn't look good as he was helped off the ice. Looked like a shoulder or possibly a rib injury. That puts a huge dent in our D-corp if he's going to be out for any length of time. Derek Smith hasn't dressed for the last 3 games after getting tweaked against RPI last weekend. Luckily we have next weekend off so maybe the extra weeks helps everyone get healthy.

It's all league play from here on out and every point is important. We took a hit in the Pairwise this weekend but still have some very meaningful games left. Hopefully they can regroup and make a nice run down the stretch.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Quinnipiac picked up a recruit today in Coquitlam Express defenseman Daniel Fritz. 95 birthday. 6'1 196 lbs

He effectively replaces Vince Pedrie who decommitted.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248313
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Hearing Toews has a separated shoulder. I believe its usually a 6 week recovery. Same thing as JST last year. Im guessing Garteig and D Smith will be back in the lineup next weekend but who knows at this point
          Quinnipiac University '15
          ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
          ECAC Championship: 2016
          NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
          Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

If the rumors are true that would be a huge blow heading down the stretch. Toews has been our best blueliner all season and replacing him won't be easy.

I heard on Saturday night that Garts was fine and will be ready when they play at Brown. No word on D. Smith however.

With the Pairwise tumble we took last weekend, every game matters from here on out. The boys are going to need to play their best hockey... one shift, one period, one game at a time.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Quinnipiac recruit Keith Petruzzelli makes A grade for USHL Draft

http://sbnation.com/e/7629626
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

So Pedrie decommits from us to go to Penn St. There has to be something we're missing here

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                  So Pedrie decommits from us to go to Penn St. There has to be something we're missing here
                  I don't even have to say anything nasty about Q here. Penn State has an incredible facility, and is on a trajectory to be in the hunt for NCAA and Big 10 titles. I doubt there has been or will be a more rapid ascent to the elite of college hockey than PSU.
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                    I don't even have to say anything nasty about Q here. Penn State has an incredible facility, and is on a trajectory to be in the hunt for NCAA and Big 10 titles. I doubt there has been or will be a more rapid ascent to the elite of college hockey than PSU.
                    Would you rather be on a trajectory to be in the hunt or in the hunt each and every year already? Every kid values different things. Could like the size or the idea of playing in Minnesota every year

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                      Would you rather be on a trajectory to be in the hunt or in the hunt each and every year already? Every kid values different things. Could like the size or the idea of playing in Minnesota every year
                      Well, I think that Penn State has a better chance of making it to the final four and winning a national championship before Q does. Gadowsky is a great coach and with the resources and environment, I've heard from a lot of D1 coaches that think they are going to be at the top and stay there in the way that Minnesota has or Michigan. Plus, with trips to two schools in Michigan, one in Wisconsin and one in Minnesota he will routinely get within driving distance to the twin cities. We have had players poached by BC and BU. I think PSU is in a position to do that quite often now. Second year in the Big 10 and they are already second in that league and routinely beating the big names. Just by nature of the league they play in versus the ECAC they'll get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to tickets to the dance.
                      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Well, I think that Penn State has a better chance of making it to the final four and winning a national championship before Q does. Gadowsky is a great coach and with the resources and environment, I've heard from a lot of D1 coaches that think they are going to be at the top and stay there in the way that Minnesota has or Michigan. Plus, with trips to two schools in Michigan, one in Wisconsin and one in Minnesota he will routinely get within driving distance to the twin cities. We have had players poached by BC and BU. I think PSU is in a position to do that quite often now. Second year in the Big 10 and they are already second in that league and routinely beating the big names. Just by nature of the league they play in versus the ECAC they'll get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to tickets to the dance.
                        I hear what your saying and have to disagree only on the frozen four and winning a national championship because Q was there two short years ago. The rest makes complete sense and I agree with haha

Comment

There are still some tix available for Saturday at the Yale Athletics website.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Great post except that both UM's haven't won a title in a while. UCONN will be another similar talent hog once all of the scholarships get to the maximum in a couple of years. It still amazes me how Yale and Union managed to win over the hockey machines that are in place.
                            Last edited by LTsatch; 01-27-2015, 11:28 PM.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Just a heads up and a video of the "Chaep Shot" hit against our Captain by 3ed line RPI Jake Wood. Charlie needed Stitches but looks to be ok.
                              http://youtu.be/QxCHg3IcwaE
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Ok, it wasn't pretty but it was a win and 2 crucial points. It seemed like we started well and were ready to bury the Bears but somehow we let them hang around and make it interesting. Nice to see Landon Smith get the hatty.

And now the time has come once again... #BeatYale!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X