2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
    I'm not getting involved in the Pecknold and Schaefer thing, I personally could care less about any of it!

However, a few parts of this post are the exact reason why not only Saints fans but the majority of fans in the ECAC don't care for Quinnipiac (obviously not everyone doesn't care for Quinnipiac, I do get that). The fact that you can completely overlook the rich hockey history/tradition of a great program like St. Lawrence and say that we are irrelevant just shows the type of fans you guys are. Clearly not every Quinnipiac fan is this nearsighted and clueless, but a lot of the ones I have met are. It's why a newbie to our league comes skipping in, frolicking around for a bit, has a few good season and all of a sudden can lay claim to a storied hockey program like St. Lawrence being irrelevant? ... I don't think so! See all of us knowledgeable long time ECAC hockey fans do understand that every program has it's ups and downs, this will include Quinnipiac. The difference? Well, see we won't be calling Quinnipiac irrelevant because we have been around long enough to know that it is all part of the process. Someday you'll get there, I promise.

Btw, if your still a little clueless as to what I mean, cue the signature below my profile ... Have a nice day!
    I'm not clearly overlooking it. I am saying history is great and all but it's a reference point and nothing else when it comes to the current teams squad and everyone knows it so why argue over it. The only thing that history does is give you a lackluster excuse for your teams recent shortcomings. How many years in a row will SLU fans bring up history before they start saying hey our team is actually legit. For all our sakes I hope it's this year
    Quinnipiac University '15
    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
    ECAC Championship: 2016
    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
      I'm not clearly overlooking it. I am saying history is great and all but it's a reference point and nothing else when it comes to the current teams squad and everyone knows it so why argue over it. The only thing that history does is give you a lackluster excuse for your teams recent shortcomings. How many years in a row will SLU fans bring up history before they start saying hey our team is actually legit. For all our sakes I hope it's this year
      How many years in a row will Quinnipiac fans continue to bring up how great they are without a decent history of there own? For all of our sakes let's hope it's this year ... See what I did there? See how that works? Do you get it yet?
      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Schafer apologized, he'll serve the suspension, but most importantly Cole will be out there skating Friday. Given the severity of his prior injury this was a near miss at a terrible repeat.
        That's not necessarily a given. From Schafer's "apology statement" today: "Cole’s status continues to be evaluated, but the hit on Saturday may force him to miss future games."

Comment

Every year got 6, want more comes on here and flips a **** about Rand and says "I know things I'd never dare say in a public forum about Rand Pecknold" and makes a big hoopla about how Rand sucks and every player that picks Q over SLU can go die or whatever. If you know these terrible things about Rand, say them, or never post on this again. It is the stupidest thing ever. Q and SLU don't go after the same kids for the most part so no one knows what your talking about there and Q routinely stands atop the ECAC while SLU fights tooth and nail to get a home ECAC series. Get a life bro. You obviously resent Pecknold for some reason or you wouldn't do this every year.

As for the whole **** storm. Everyone knows deep down that they would argue that was embellishment, as the kid got up and skated away like he just made the hit rather then receiving it, in order to save your best player from getting tossed. Peca knew it was a penalty the second it happened, no one is arguing that. Pecknold has a right to say WHATEVER he wants to the ref. You can agree or disagree but that is a FACT. Schafer didn't like it, no problem. Cuss as much as you want on the record Schafer, now your just hurting your own team and I begin to laugh from afar. There's ways to stand up for your players rather than cussing out the other coach to a reporter. Unprofessional, classless, and ironic in fact. I love when the Ivies get mad. Just think if Allain got mad like that.

Enough of this crap until February in which will be must watch hockey the first weekend in February. I was already planning on making the trip and now I wouldn't miss it for the world. Cornell has serious problems aside from this incident. No Ryan and really no one who can put the puck in the net since Ferlin left. Good be a bad year for the Big Red.

For now, let Got 6, Want More talk until his Saints become irrelevant in 3 weeks
          Well, now I know why you like Pecknold so much. You are just like him. And, no, I am not going to divulge all the things I have heard about Pecknold as I can't do so without exposing several D-1 coaches who suffice it to say feel exactly like Schafer that Rand is indeed Classless and an *******.

You and others arguing that it's fine to call for embellishment is truly just pathetic. Yeah, I'm sure the Cornell player knew exactly who hit him from behind and, moreover, I thought Anus was your best player (I'd rather have Peca too)?!

Saints irrelevant? That's fine. 10% of the GM's in the NHL are Saints and you guys sit and wonder why you are just now getting one of your alums some time in the show. You know the funny part, SLU has beat you the last two times in Hamden and I can guarantee they were probably on the phone with the Yale coaches before the NCAA championship game two years ago telling them how to beat Q because, even though you are in denial and clearly ignorant, no one outside of Hamden can stand Q and many of us think it was a huge mistake to let you in the league. If only Holy Cross had made a commitment to Women's Hockey, you would be more irrelevant than Michael Dukakis.

I'd rather be an irrelevant, perfectly mediocre Saint than have any affiliation with Rand and Q. In fact, I'd choose all 11 of the other ECAC schools over that. BTW, Clarkson has kind of sucked the last few years. Are they irrelevant? I'd love to hear you argue that they are.
          9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
          1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
            Always love Got 6's biannual Rand rant. As predictable as the seasons.
            Correction, this is Schafer's rant. I'm just agreeing with him.
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
              You and others arguing that it's fine to call for embellishment is truly just pathetic.
              This debate is NOT about a coach calling for embellishment... it's about a coach using obscene language in a public outburst. Justified or not, it was wrong. Suspension issued, apology sent, time to move on.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

We like Pecknold because he wins. Flat out he wins and to me that is all that matters. This is D1 college athletics which is a business. Our hockey program makes this university money period. It helps fund other programs, new buildings, scholarships, etc. As long as Pecknold keeps winning within the rules of the game I don't care how he does it. Winning leads to the NCAA tournament, the NCAA tournament leads to potential national championships and greater national exposure and money funding into the university. We don't need to adhere to the standards of other ECAC schools as long we play within the rules and last I checked Rand has run a **** clean program in his 20 years in Hamden.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  We like Pecknold because he wins. Flat out he wins and to me that is all that matters. This is D1 college athletics which is a business. Our hockey program makes this university money period. It helps fund other programs, new buildings, scholarships, etc. As long as Pecknold keeps winning within the rules of the game I don't care how he does it. Winning leads to the NCAA tournament, the NCAA tournament leads to potential national championships and greater national exposure and money funding into the university. We don't need to adhere to the standards of other ECAC schools as long we play within the rules and last I checked Rand has run a **** clean program in his 20 years in Hamden.
                  Stop defending your coach. Makes you guys look insecure.

Schafer decided to air his dirty laundry publicly which accomplished nothing but to get him docked 2 games and out himself as someone who lacks judgment and leadership. And this from a coach who has hardly deployed a finesse game over the years.

Comment

I missed a lot so all I will say is:

1. GO Q
                    2. I agree with Kepler mostly because anyone with nearly 30 thousand posts is a hero in my book.
                    3. Eagle has a long way to go for 30 thousand
                    4. Rand is from NH, Got 6 is from NH ... Small state, you two must know each other. I assume this isn't just about hockey between you two.
                    5. Even if it is just about hockey I don't really care.
                    6. Happy Veterans Day!
                    7. I hope the Cornell kid is healthy and ready to go for the rest of the season.
                    8. It's Matthew not Michael.
                    9. Although Michael is overachieving as the new Regis.
                    10. Strahan ... not Peca.
                    11. Lunch Break over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
                      I missed a lot so all I will say is:

1. GO Q
                      2. I agree with Kepler mostly because anyone with nearly 30 thousand posts is a hero in my book.
                      3. Eagle has a long way to go for 30 thousand
                      4. Rand is from NH, Got 6 is from NH ... Small state, you two must know each other. I assume this isn't just about hockey between you two.
                      5. Even if it is just about hockey I don't really care.
                      6. Happy Veterans Day!
                      7. I hope the Cornell kid is healthy and ready to go for the rest of the season.
                      8. It's Matthew not Michael.
                      9. Although Michael is overachieving as the new Regis.
                      10. Strahan ... not Peca.
                      11. Lunch Break over.
                      Rand made the high school team and Got 6 was left off is my bet

Comment

I love when the Ivies get mad. Just think if Allain got mad like that.
                        Allain would never get mad like that, he'll just refuse to even speak to the media and send his SID into the press conference room with a statement. That's happened more than once after losses at Quinnipiac.

And I thought Yale didn't consider their games against Quinnipiac as rivalry games. Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                          I'm not getting involved in the Pecknold and Schaefer thing, I personally could care less about any of it!

However, a few parts of this post are the exact reason why not only Saints fans but the majority of fans in the ECAC don't care for Quinnipiac (obviously not everyone doesn't care for Quinnipiac, I do get that). The fact that you can completely overlook the rich hockey history/tradition of a great program like St. Lawrence and say that we are irrelevant just shows the type of fans you guys are. Clearly not every Quinnipiac fan is this nearsighted and clueless, but a lot of the ones I have met are. It's why a newbie to our league comes skipping in, frolicking around for a bit, has a few good season and all of a sudden can lay claim to a storied hockey program like St. Lawrence being irrelevant? ... I don't think so! See all of us knowledgeable long time ECAC hockey fans do understand that every program has it's ups and downs, this will include Quinnipiac. The difference? Well, see we won't be calling Quinnipiac irrelevant because we have been around long enough to know that it is all part of the process. Someday you'll get there, I promise.

Btw, if your still a little clueless as to what I mean, cue the signature below my profile ... Have a nice day!
                          I agree with you on this topic. By BigAl's logic, are we not allowed to look back fondly at our Frozen Four appearance? You guys have been in some rough times lately, but not so long ago, you weren't. And recently, Cornell was the most dominant program in our league, and it looked like they would never slip. They've slipped, and Quinnipiac will slip for a few years at some point. Hopefully no point soon, but it's going to happen.

History is what makes sports great. We're filled with pride for our teams when they make a run, there's nothing wrong with that.

Please don't paint all Quinnipiac fans with that brush -- like every fanbase, we have fans of all kinds.
                          Last edited by ZYanksRule; 11-11-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                            I agree with you on this topic. By BigAl's logic, are we not allowed to look back fondly at our Frozen Four appearance? You guys have been in some rough times lately, but not so long ago, you weren't. And recently, Cornell was the most dominant program in our league, and it looked like they would never slip. They've slipped, and Quinnipiac will slip for a few years at some point. Hopefully no point soon, but it's going to happen.

History is what makes sports great. We're filled with pride for our teams when they make a run, there's nothing wrong with that.

Please don't paint all Quinnipiac fans with that brush -- like every fanbase, we have fans of all kinds.
                            To clarify my history comments. I'm not asking anyone to forget their history, it is why we are fans. I just think we sometimes use history as a replacement to current success. At least that's my personal view. I fully respect the fact that Quinnipiac has no history compared to the other 11 schools and I want you to know im not ignorant to that. As a replacement i'd rather talk about the present than the past

Comment

To clarify my history comments. I'm not asking anyone to forget their history, it is why we are fans. I just think we sometimes use history as a replacement to current success. At least that's my personal view. I fully respect the fact that Quinnipiac has no history compared to the other 11 schools and I want you to know im not ignorant to that. As a replacement i'd rather talk about the present than the past
                              The present isn't more important than the past, though. For example, if Quinnipiac ends up finishing low in the conference and bows out early this year, I can't get upset after the success of the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                Stop defending your coach. Makes you guys look insecure.

Schafer decided to air his dirty laundry publicly which accomplished nothing but to get him docked 2 games and out himself as someone who lacks judgment and leadership. And this from a coach who has hardly deployed a finesse game over the years.
                                Actually Both, I think it was only one game.

I'm not a Schaefer fan and his rant is akin to the pot calling the kettle black. I'm also not a fan of any player hitting another player from behind, especially if the player is rammed into the boards. So I hope the Cornell player is okay. Let's hope there is no retaliation from Cornell although I wouldn't bet against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X