Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I mean, look at this roster. They have 17 freshmen and sophomores, just 11 juniors, seniors, and graduate students. You can't win a hockey game because you have a couple stars, you win because of your depth. And right now, QU has a whole bunch of guys that need to learn how to play college hockey.

The Bobcats will be fine, but it's not going to happen overnight.
    Defense & goaltending is suppose to be the teams strength and it has been brutal to start the year.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Defense & goaltending is suppose to be the teams strength and it has been brutal to start the year.
      No question about that, but I do think Garteig's issues are mainly due to the defensive breakdowns. Guys just aren't playing well back there. It's a slump -- if you're an NHL fan, you just saw the Rangers give up a total of 12 goals in back-to-back games, they've given up a total of four goals in the three games since.

It's a slump, that's all it is. Guys are going to figure it out, this team is going to be good. They're a bad hockey team right now, but they've got good coaches and good skill -- they'll figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
        It is interesting that what we thought would be solid at the beginning of the year has been the weakness thus far. I think the reason for this is puck possession. Was our defense and goal tending truly elite last year? I would say no, but the numbers would suggest yes. We possessed the puck for 65% or more of most games so how could the numbers be crazy for the opposition. This year we clearly have not been able to possess the puck for as long and I think it starts in the corners. When you lose a JST who dominated the corners and the Jones' who seemed to almost never lose the puck, these things happen. While some goals have not been our goalies faults, Garteig has been horrendous. As you watch highlights of games, there have been many soft goals and a small amount of times he's bailed out the defense. The defensive coverages have been horrendous at times and the defender's seem to always get caught pinching too much or letting a guy walk right in front of the crease. We have seen a number of stupid penalties and all of these things combined make for some pretty bad performances. The forwards should not be immune to criticism as defense HAS to be played by 5 guys and that hasnt been the case. Anas and L Smith need to become two way forwards if we want any shot of competing in the ECAC this year.

As for the musical chairs last night, I did like pulling Garteig after the first but I did not agree with taking Lawrence out in the middle of the period after a goal. If nothing else, Rand is literally saying show me something to either of them and you'll play.

With all that said, this team can still compete for the ECAC Championship but things need to start changing. This week and a half off is a time for guys to heal and for fixes to be made. I expect a much better performance against Northeastern. Cornell and Colgate are right around the corner..
        Quinnipiac University '15
        ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
        ECAC Championship: 2016
        NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
        Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

My scouting report on drafted guys and a few free agents from last night's game vs. UConn

http://sbnation.com/e/6802954
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
            No question about that
            Geez Seth... that very Schwietzer-esque of you!

It's a slump, that's all it is. Guys are going to figure it out, this team is going to be good. They're a bad hockey team right now, but they've got good coaches and good skill -- they'll figure it out.
            Yeah, it's a slump and they probably will figure it all out soon. A few years ago this wouldn't have mattered. Now, it's the end of the world. I think we as fans have become much more demanding and that's a good thing.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Ok... 24th in the latest meaningless poll. A little incentive perhaps?
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                Ok... 24th in the latest meaningless poll. A little incentive perhaps?
                I guess but they are what they are right now.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

The poll is stupid as we all know but if we reject it now we have to reject it the next time we make the top 5. Can't have it both ways
                  Quinnipiac University '15
                  ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                  ECAC Championship: 2016
                  NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                  Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                    The poll is stupid as we all know but if we reject it now we have to reject it the next time we make the top 5. Can't have it both ways
                    Very true...

My only complaint is that there shouldn't a poll this early in a season. I mean, how can Cornell be a top-20 team when they haven't played a game yet? Early in the season it's nothing more than a popularity contest, but it's a good gauge to see where teams stack up with the competition.

The bottom line is the team has to go out a find a way to take 2 games this weekend. Win and the polls take care of themselves.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Tommy Schutt is a workhorse. Never takes a shift off and is always giving his all. Not the most skilled out there, but definitely the most determined.

We saw St Denis in street clothes in the tunnel towards the end of the 3rd. I honestly don't remember his last shift, nor do I remember him having any trouble on the ice. Hopefully it's nothing serious, and at least he made an appearance unlike that former fan named Schvatz!

I hate to admit this but I enjoy having Larson at games. He's as passionate as any Bobcat fan I've met and offers great (even if sometimes twisted) insight into the game. Of course, anyone who wears a pink women's jersey to a men's game... well, um... err... yeah.
                      I have given myself 10 days to vent after this comment, and believe now I can return to this forum with a cooler head...

UConn loss was no bueno. Admittedly, I did not have an opportunity to watch the game, so I will defer judgement to you gents. That said, I think we can all agree that this team should stay far, far away from Webster Bank Arena moving forward.

Like BigAl said, hopefully this 10 day breather will offer some time for the team and coaching staff to reflect on their performances so far this year, goals and overall disposition. I enjoy high expectations, and will not waver in the bar I have now set for this team.

Looking ahead, they have a Northeastern team coming into the Bank this weekend who has yet to record a win or tie this year, and has just four goals in its first four games (including being shutout twice by Colgate). This will offer the team a nice opportunity to right the ship and gain some momentum going into the first conference weekend of the season. I'll be at the Cornell game!

Comment

Chip Malafronte tweeted today that Jack McDonald is retiring in June.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...cdonald_to.php

Comment

What a bittersweet announcement. Great for Jack but after everything he's done for QU, he will be hard to replace. Don't know if retirement will send him far from Quinnipiac, but it'll be strange not seeing him around the rink. I can personally say, from my interactions, one of the nicest guys at QU.

Comment

Also since I've come out of uscho hibernation, but having seen 2 of QUs first 4 games... Yikes. Garteig has been as dreadful as the defense in front of him. The offense will be fine but won't matter much if QU is giving up 4 goals a game.

Comment

Less than 35 hours to get your picks in. You have until 7PM Friday Night.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...14-2015-Season
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X