• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siouxfaninseattle
    replied
    Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    It is all about the money and has nothing to do with past performances. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool. Since Minnesota didn't show up in the Frozen Four Final against Union last year, maybe they shouldn't be in the tourney this year...

With Fargo already sold out, the committee tweaked things to try and make Providence a sellout as well. As a fan who wants to watch the team I'm upset, but I really like the bracket and think the team playing in a full barn can only help them.
    The barn will be full of Sioux fans. BTW, I will be in Boston for the FF, and I think you should buy me a beer.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...rnament-berths

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
    It does have to do with past performances. If we sold out Bridgeport last year they wouldnt feel the need to go out of their way for the East region
    Early game on a Friday is never easy. This year the committee sacrificed bracket integrity for attendance, plain and simple. I seriously doubt anyone in that room said "Q didn't show up in Bridgeport so let's send 'em out west this year".

Leave a comment:

• BigAl
    replied

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    It is all about the money and has nothing to do with past performances. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool. Since Minnesota didn't show up in the Frozen Four Final against Union last year, maybe they shouldn't be in the tourney this year...

With Fargo already sold out, the committee tweaked things to try and make Providence a sellout as well. As a fan who wants to watch the team I'm upset, but I really like the bracket and think the team playing in a full barn can only help them.
    It does have to do with past performances. If we sold out Bridgeport last year they wouldnt feel the need to go out of their way for the East region

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

As QUAlum pointed out we are being disciplined for last years absolutely atrocious showing at the Brideport Regional. I was so dissapointed with how the team play against PC I didnt say much about the attendance but lets just say neither the team or fans showed up in the slightest.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog10jw
    replied

Also for those wondering the ECAC representative on the committee was from Yale this year. All that put together and the result is us in Fargo. Oh well.
    Were people really wondering?

Leave a comment:

• BigAl
    replied

As QUAlum pointed out we are being disciplined for last years absolutely atrocious showing at the Brideport Regional. I was so dissapointed with how the team play against PC I didnt say much about the attendance but lets just say neither the team or fans showed up in the slightest.

Bracket integrity doesnt matter to the NC$$ when it comes to money and they know they will sell the Providence region out now. Also for those wondering the ECAC representative on the committee was from Yale this year. All that put together and the result is us in Fargo. Oh well. Just remember the last time an ECAC team was a 4 seed sent out west.

We all know this team can win these two games. The problem is we also know we could be down 4-0 after the first period and bow out quite easily. Who knows what team will show up, I'm just happy they made it this year. Everything else will be icing on the cake. This team is young and no one expected them to be here. Time to find out how high the ceiling can be.

Im sure there will be some Q fans in the building with a lot of players living out west.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
    ...my point about it being a hostile environment still stands
    Fargo is apparently already sold out so you know it will be full of North Dakota fans. Hostile?... maybe, but it beats playing in a dead building.

Leave a comment:

• MSchvatz44
    replied

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Not their barn but their backyard. UND is in Grand Forks.
    Ah, yes. Should have realized that. Noted.

...my point about it being a hostile environment still stands

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Originally posted by QUBobcats70 View Post
    Mark,

Are you driving to Fargo? 1,510 miles; 22 hours and 28 minutes from Hamden. I'll send you the directions.
    Sadly, no... a trip to Fargo isn't in the cards for me unless you want to send a plane ticket my way!

I like the matchup but don't like the way the brackets turned out. Having just got in from Lake Placid I haven't caught up on all the chatter so can't say if this is a good thing or not. It does appear that Miami got screwed having to come to Providence.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Correct. Fargo is about 75 miles from Grand Forks.

The ECAC and NCHC Regular Season Champions...shouldn't this be a Frozen Four matchup?

I haven't seen QU play much this season, but I'm sure the Bobcats will give North Dakota everything they can handle. Should be a great game.

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied
    Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
    Providence College really just ruined everything in terms of seeding. As mentioned (probably ad nauseum) on this site, the preferential treatment Providence received is just absurd. They are treated like a host university are rewarded with a home game. Boy, Miami must be REAL upset. They have to fly to the east and play a road game as a one seed against the second-to-last seeded team in the tournament. Unreal.

Of course, that set off the domino of sending us west to Fargo and Yale, thanks mainly to its three wins over Harvard this year, to Manchester. Zero bracket integrity. Whatever.

All of that being said, I am actually quite excited for this matchup. Will it be extremely difficult to beat NoDak in their barn without Anas? Of course. It will probably be the most hostile environment in which this program has ever played. But that is exactly what makes it so exciting. QU will be able to wear the underdog chip on its shoulders and take on the "us against the world" mentality.

It will be uncharted territory for this program. Lets see what kind of resolve they have. Should be, err, something!

Leave a comment:

• BobNY
    replied

UND it is.
    Too bad they got shipped west. I was planning on taking the trip to RI or NH. No way we can make the trip to Fargo. I hope some fans are able to make the trip.

As far as the matchup. If they can manage to put together 3 solid periods of Bobcat hockey I believe they can give any team a run for their money in a one and done. Especially if they have Anas back in the line up. I read somewhere the other day that it possible he will be able to go for the Tournament. Hopefully that will be the case.

Leave a comment:

• MSchvatz44
    replied

Providence College really just ruined everything in terms of seeding. As mentioned (probably ad nauseum) on this site, the preferential treatment Providence received is just absurd. They are treated like a host university are rewarded with a home game. Boy, Miami must be REAL upset. They have to fly to the east and play a road game as a one seed against the second-to-last seeded team in the tournament. Unreal.

Of course, that set off the domino of sending us west to Fargo and Yale, thanks mainly to its three wins over Harvard this year, to Manchester. Zero bracket integrity. Whatever.

All of that being said, I am actually quite excited for this matchup. Will it be extremely difficult to beat NoDak in their barn without Anas? Of course. It will probably be the most hostile environment in which this program has ever played. But that is exactly what makes it so exciting. QU will be able to wear the underdog chip on its shoulders and take on the "us against the world" mentality.

It will be uncharted territory for this program. Lets see what kind of resolve they have. Should be, err, something!

Leave a comment:

• QUAlum2004
    replied

I bet one of the big reasons we were kicked west was QU's pathetic attendance in Bridgeport last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X