2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

My heart is broken... One day Q will win this god forsaken tournament again!

They turned the lights on for sure just wish Rand waiting a little bit longer to pull Garteig.
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
    - Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      15th in pairwise now. Hanging by a thread. Can't have any upset champions in hockey east, WCHA or nchc.
      Even without upset champions, QU is not in a great position to make the tournament. Lowell or Vermont should move up to 15 when either of them with their semifinal.
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
        Even without upset champions, QU is not in a great position to make the tournament. Lowell or Vermont should move up to 15 when either of them with their semifinal.
        Basically BU has to win hockey east. End of story.
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Before today, I had a lot of respect for Quinnipiac hockey. But after what that kid did to Colin Blackwell, I have lost that respect. What a piece of garbage. He better have eyes in the back of his head next season because we won't forget. Guiltanan will make sure of that. YOU NEVER HIT A KID IN THE HEAD FOR ANY REASON. Especially someone who has missed two years due to severe concussion problems. Your team knew that. What goes around comes around and someday, that kid is going to get his due.

Comment

Ran a whole bunch of scenarios with both the uscho & chn predictors and with Bowling Green getting clipped, I can't find a scenario (upsets or not) that we don't just get in. A 4 seed seems likely though.

Comment

• Originally posted by toogees View Post
              Ran a whole bunch of scenarios with both the uscho & chn predictors and with Bowling Green getting clipped, I can't find a scenario (upsets or not) that we don't just get in. A 4 seed seems likely though.
              Wins tomorrow by Harvard, BU and Minnesota would be huge.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

Comment

I, along with ThxMuch, ran as many simulators as possible, and could not come up with one scenario in which QU does not make the tourney. I also could not find a single scenario that we would be anything other than a four seed.

That said, I don't really care at that point. I just want to get in. Would LOVE to be placed in Providence, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  Before today, I had a lot of respect for Quinnipiac hockey. But after what that kid did to Colin Blackwell, I have lost that respect. What a piece of garbage. He better have eyes in the back of his head next season because we won't forget. Guiltanan will make sure of that. YOU NEVER HIT A KID IN THE HEAD FOR ANY REASON. Especially someone who has missed two years due to severe concussion problems. Your team knew that. What goes around comes around and someday, that kid is going to get his due.
                  You know what, you're right. It's not the first time Connor Clifton has gotten himself tossed from a game. It's a bad job by him. He needs to be better than that.

I would venture to guess he has the most major penalties on our team over the last few years, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ranked way up there in the country. Frankly, he's got himself a reputation as a dirty player. Whether it's true or not, that's his reputation, now. So yes, I think, and I hope, Quinnipiac fans are also annoyed with the kid, because he continues taking dumb runs at kids and putting the team at a disadvantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                    You know what, you're right. It's not the first time Connor Clifton has gotten himself tossed from a game. It's a bad job by him. He needs to be better than that.

I would venture to guess he has the most major penalties on our team over the last few years, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ranked way up there in the country. Frankly, he's got himself a reputation as a dirty player. Whether it's true or not, that's his reputation, now. So yes, I think, and I hope, Quinnipiac fans are also annoyed with the kid, because he continues taking dumb runs at kids and putting the team at a disadvantage.
                    I think it was Tim Clifton that got tossed.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      I was on the other side of the ice and it didn't look bad, but my buddy was sitting right there and said it was ann elbow right to the head. Kid probably lost the game for Q...neither Clifton would be playing for me if they are going to pull that! And what's with banging sticks on the boards after the scrum with Vesey and # 19 (McMaster?)??
                      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        I think it was Tim Clifton that got tossed.
                        Yes, after looking at the box score, it was Tim. My apologies for the mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                          Relax, you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                            Whats up with people thinking that everyone is thinking every minute about everyones injury history. First off, Tim Clifton isnt that type of guy. Yes he is physical, and we've needed him to be, but he would never target someone specifically due to their injury history. It's unfortunate that it was Blackwell and I'm glad he was ok to return.

Im not one that wants everyone to like us but don't let one hit define your thought of the program. Hockey is a bang bang game and Tim Clifton has no history like his brother. If it were Connor itd be a little different of a story.

Dissapointing effort by the boys tonight. I dont want to put too much blame on the fact its the first game without Anas because they need to adjust better. Boy would it have been nice to have him out there to roof one in the third but every team has dealt with injuries this year and we've made it through most of the season unscathed minus Toews being out for a month or so.

Happy we are in the tournament again. Still have a sour taste in my mouth from the way this team has exited the last two years. Hoping we are on the east coast but I'm just relieved we are in.

Womens Basketball is on ESPN2 tomorrow at 4 eastern. Definitely worth checking out!
                            Quinnipiac University '15
                            ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                            ECAC Championship: 2016
                            NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                            Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                              After thinking about the blatant hypocrisy is disgusting! Hart for Harvard intentionally hits Smolcynski in the head in mid January and one of our best scorers has been out since with his career in Jeoapardy! Where's the outrage? It was elbow, the kid served 5 in the 3rd of a semifinal. Hart should have got way more than a Game Misconduct. Live by the sword, die by it. Based on Blackwells immediate return, I think 5 was more than sufficient.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Congrats to Harvard. They did what they needed to do to win. We didn't. As very slow start put us in a hole that was too deep to dig out of. We made it interesting but the combination of our leading scorer sidelined and a 5-min major to kill left us nothing in the tank. For anyone that did NOT see the game, the 5-2 score means nothing. It was a 3-2 game up until the last minute. The Bobcats didn't roll over and die.

I can't comment on the major because I didn't see the hit. Going by what others around me said it probably was a 2. I haven't seen a replay yet so I won't speculate. Did that cost us the game? Not directly... we killed it which says a lot about this team and how gutsy they've been all season. We expended a lot to kill it and that probably hurt us in the final minutes.

In the end, we were in Lake Placid contending for the league championship. It's been a Holy Grail to us but we'll be back... and we'll win it someday. All is not lost because of this. Time will tell, but it looks like everyone thinks we'll be playing next week and that's a much bigger prize don't you think?

Having been to one game in Albany (without Q there) and 2 years in Atlantic City, all I can say is Lake Placid is a great place to be. This town screams hockey. Everywhere you go people are talking hockey. I was asked several times yesterday on Main St about out team and our school. Plus the arena is so full of history you can feel it. I kept reminding myself in the 3rd last night that miracles do happen. Came up just a bit short...

Now we wait for today's game to play out and then see what happens tomorrow in the selection show.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X