Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

We have 14 Non-Conference Games
    #1. Brown 1 - BC 4 Brown played extremely well IMO and except for a 5 on 3 where BC scored twice, it could have gone either way. Both Goal Tenders played extremely well. IMO - Brown may match up well against Denver. Don't expect Brown to be a pushover in the second half.
    HE (1) ECAC (0)
    #2.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I chatted with College Hockey News senior writer Mike McMahon, who broke down the Terriers ahead of tomorrow's game vs Union:

http://bit.ly/1AnJVqP

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        Good luck to Union against BU tonight
        The game is tomorrow at 7pm on NBCSN (channel 314 on Time Warner). Thanks it should be a great, tough game. Our boys will need to bring their A games.
        Union College Hockey
        2014 NCAA National Champions
        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
          The game is tomorrow at 7pm on NBCSN (channel 314 on Time Warner). Thanks it should be a great, tough game. Our boys will need to bring their A games.
          It's also on Time Warner channel 44.
          Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

US is out of WJ. Eichel en route with plenty of time to spare
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

#1. Brown 1 - BC 4 Brown played extremely well IMO and except for a 5 on 3 where BC scored twice, it could have gone either way. Both Goal Tenders played extremely well. IMO - Brown may match up well against Denver. Don't expect Brown to be a pushover in the second half.
              HE (1) ECAC (0)
              #2. RPI 2 - Miami 3 RPI Played a strong 3rd period.
              NCHC (1) ECAC (0)
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

#1. Brown 1 - BC 4 LOST Brown played extremely well IMO and except for a 5 on 3 where BC scored twice, it could have gone either way. Both Goal Tenders played extremely well. IMO - Brown may match up well against Denver. Don't expect Brown to be a pushover in the second half.
                HE (1) ECAC (0)
                #2. RPI 2 - Miami 3 LOST RPI Played a strong 3rd period. Almost tied it.
                NCHC (1) ECAC (0)
                #3. Dartmouth 1 - Denver 1 TIED Dartmouth outshot Denver 40 - 25 shots hit the pipe more times that I can count.
                NCHC (1) ECAC (0) TIE (1) Dartmouth defeats Denver in the Shootout !!!!! Krueger was fantastic in goal. IMO Dartmouth outplayed Denver.
                #4. St. Lawrence 3 - Northeastern 3 TIED I did not see this game.
                HE (1) ECAC (0) TIE (1)

ECAC Thus far 0-2-2
                0-1-1 vs HE
                0-1-1 vs NCHC

Last game tonight ... Q vs St Cloud. Can Q bring us a win?
                Last edited by Dutchman; 01-02-2015, 08:42 PM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Oops... my bad... I missed that one when I scanned my memory of BU's schedule this year. Either way, I still say Union is favored in this game.
                  Sorry .... Every sports prognosticator from every corner of the globe has us losing with or without Eichel. We don't stand a chance. We don't have a prayer. We are going to be playing the #1 team in the whole Country !!!! They have a superman !!!! The best hockey player in the frigen world !!!! I saw him play Dartmouth and Harvard. Who do we have ? Eichel is from North Chelmsford, MA. We have a freshmen from North Chelmsford, Mass. Do you know his name? Have you ever heard of him? Of course not ... we are just a team of no-bodies.

BU has the top recruiting class in all of College Hockey. We have walk ons and rejects. Kids that were told they had to wait because they were not good enought. One of those kids is from Saugus. Bet you never heard of him either.

I have asked for a pep talk to get our frightened and dispirited and badly beaten up Dutchmen back on their feet. What we need for this pep talk is .... an inspirational "Big Speech" from an inspirational leader - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE
                  Last edited by Dutchman; 01-03-2015, 08:01 AM.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

We have 14 Non-Conference Games this weekend and for many ECAC teams close out the non-conference schedule.

#1. Brown 1 - BC 4 LOST Brown played extremely well IMO and except for a 5 on 3 where BC scored twice, it could have gone either way. Both Goal Tenders played extremely well. IMO - Brown may match up well against Denver. Don't expect Brown to be a pushover in the second half.
                    HE (1) ECAC (0)
                    #2. RPI 2 - Miami 3 LOST RPI Played a strong 3rd period. Almost tied it.
                    NCHC (1) ECAC (0)
                    #3. Dartmouth 1 - Denver 1 TIED Dartmouth outshot Denver 40 - 25 shots hit the pipe more times that I can count.
                    NCHC (1) ECAC (0) TIE (1) Dartmouth defeats Denver in the Shootout !!!!! Krueger was fantastic in goal. IMO Dartmouth outplayed Denver.
                    #4. St. Lawrence 3 - Northeastern 3 TIED I did not see this game.
                    HE (1) ECAC (0) TIE (1)
                    #5. Quinnipiac 2 - St. Cloud 3 LOST
                    NCHC (2) ECAC (0) TIE (1)

ECAC Thus far 0-3-2
                    0-1-1 vs HE
                    0-2-1 vs NCHC

For Friday Night the ECAC is 0-3-2 ... Ugh
                    Last edited by Dutchman; 01-03-2015, 07:59 AM.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I'm watching and rooting for Union, that dam player is back.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Sorry .... Every sports prognosticator from every corner of the globe has us losing with or without Eichel. We don't stand a chance. We don't have a prayer. We are going to be playing the #1 team in the whole Country !!!! They have a superman !!!! The best hockey player in the frigen world !!!! I saw him play Dartmouth and Harvard. Who do we have ? Eichel is from North Chelmsford, MA. We have a freshmen from North Chelmsford, Mass. Do you know his name? Have you ever heard of him? Of course not ... we are just a team of no-bodies.

BU has the top recruiting class in all of College Hockey. We have walk ons and rejects. Kids that were told they had to wait because they were not good enought. One of those kids is from Saugus. Bet you never heard of him either.

I have asked for a pep talk to get our frightened and dispirited and badly beaten up Dutchmen back on their feet. What we need for this pep talk is .... an inspirational "Big Speech" from an inspirational leader - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE
                        Wow, way to support your team. Let's get real, you won a title last year. That is more than most programs can say. The ECAC is not ever going to attract the big name players that Hockey East can. BU has not had the best record in their league the last few years. This year they are having a great season. I do think Union coul do a better job recruiting than they have the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfirst View Post
                          Wow, way to support your team. Let's get real, you won a title last year. That is more than most programs can say. The ECAC is not ever going to attract the big name players that Hockey East can. BU has not had the best record in their league the last few years. This year they are having a great season. I do think Union coul do a better job recruiting than they have the past few years.
                          Looks like sarcasm to me. After all, I'm sure they learned something about taking that message to heart when playing arguably the worst team in the nation at the time, who subsequently put a six-top on Union. Too bad Bennett didn't make them skate Herbies after the game to fit the script; that would have been entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            I'm watching and rooting for Union, that dam player is back.
                            Thanks sshablak ..... glad BU will be a full strength. Would not want it any other way. As best as I can remember, this is the first time we will be playing a Boston area HE team in Boston at their barn. We have never played BU before and I don't think we have ever played Northeastern or BC in their own barns. The last time we played a #1 team was last year, at St. Cloud State. BU has such a storied hockey past. Boston is really the hub of college hockey. All those championship banners hanging from the rafters.

We have four starting players, three of which are freshmen, two of these preppies (Philips Academy and Nobles) from the Boston area. RB likes to make sure that when we travel, these players get to see lots of action because their families will be there. All four of them are starters anyway and are going to be higher than a kite being in a rink like Agganis in Boston. One is from Saugus and I got to believe he is going to have a few thousand relatives come see him play.

For us (Union) it would be great to play a HE team in the greater Boston area each year (BU. BC, NE, UNH, Providence, Merrimack). We played two at UNH last year. I am sure the same can be said for Colgate.
                            Last edited by Dutchman; 01-03-2015, 09:06 AM.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Based on rosters I see no reason why the likes of union, rpi ,Colgate, slu, qu, etc wouldn't benefit from a game or 2 in the boston area given the recruiting overlap
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                                Thanks sshablak ..... glad BU will be a full strength. Would not want it any other way. As best as I can remember, this is the first time we will be playing a Boston area HE team in Boston at their barn. We have never played BU before and I don't think we have ever played Northeastern or BC in their own barns. The last time we played a #1 team was last year, at St. Cloud State. BU has such a storied hockey past. Boston is really the hub of college hockey. All those championship banners hanging from the rafters.

We have four starting players, three of which are freshmen, two of these preppies (Philips Academy and Nobles) from the Boston area. RB likes to make sure that when we travel, these players get to see lots of action because their families will be there. All four of them are starters anyway and are going to be higher than a kite being in a rink like Agganis in Boston. One is from Saugus and I got to believe he is going to have a few thousand relatives come see him play.

For us (Union) it would be great to play a HE team in the greater Boston area each year (BU. BC, NE, UNH, Providence, Merrimack). We played two at UNH last year. I am sure the same can be said for Colgate.
                                I actually saw U play NE at Mathews a few moons ago.. but yeah this will be the first in a barn of a school with the word "Boston" in it. Should be a big night to play in front of family & friends for Vecks, Scarfo, & Brassard and maybe Light if he is in the lineup (he's played well, so should be IMO). Of course, how the game goes could be another story.. especially if Eichel is back. Sounds like BU is high skill and plays a style somewhat similar to Union's. Will need a big night from whomever is between the pipes.
                                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X