Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
    Actually they did play 60 minutes of Union hockey.. problem was that it was spread over 2 games. O-fer the weekend on the PP isn't going to get it done either. In many ways I'm not surprised that the team is where it is at right now.. hopefully can improve as the season goes on.
    I join in your hope of course and think it's possible. The power play's struggles have cost us dearly in the past three games, all of which went to OT. Water under the bridge but in a sense encouraging also I suppose as any improvement would be a huge plus.

How can you not love the play of Spencer Foo? What a find he has been and a real crowd favorite already with his play and of course that cheer his name always brings from the home crowd.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Fear not .... we will be starting a new line next game .... all brothers .... the Hanson Line
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUbn5ss8j9c
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Tough luck for Shayne Gostisbehere.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...here-tears-acl

Comment

A positive thought ..... the Dartmouth and Harvard Teams we saw this weekend could possibly be the best those schools have produced in a very long time in terms of talent and team work and experience and age and leadership. This past weekend was never going to be a "walk in the park". I also like the play of Max Novak who, since returning, is once again quietly stepping up to score goals at critical junctures during games. Max is .83 pts/game since returning right behind Foo, Champ and Vec and despite being pulverized at the goal crease on Saturday, constantly battled for position.

Even some positive words from Schott:

Union had that tenacious offensive ability going right from the start of the second period. The Dutchmen outshot the Crimson, 41-19, the rest of the game. They tied the score 64 seconds into the second on a Max Novak goal. They continued to pressure Harvard goalie Steve Michalek, who was outstanding. He also got some help, especially in the third period. A post stopped a Mike Vecchione shot early in the third. Left winger Seb Lloyd blocked a Tyler Hynes shot that was ticketed to beat a fallen Michalek. But the pressure wore down Michalek and the Crimson. Spencer Foo got a Daniel Ciampini pass from behind the net and beat Michalek with 45.3 seconds left to tie it. This is a good sign for the Dutchmen. If they can continue to play like that, then going through this 0-4-1 skid would have been worth it.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...photo-gallery/
          Last edited by Dutchman; 11-09-2014, 07:27 PM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

On Tuesday Evening watch Harvard defeat BC at Conte Arena, first win there since 11/15/2005 (5-3). Cheer fellow ECAC member on. (We need the OC win !!! )
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              On Tuesday Evening watch Harvard defeat BC at Conte Arena, first win there since 11/15/2005 (5-3). Cheer fellow ECAC member on. (We need the OC win !!! )
              Is it on TV?
              Union College Hockey
              2014 NCAA National Champions
              2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                Is it on TV?
                You want to go here - http://www.bceagles.com/collegesportslive/?media=466077 and login. This is the BC equivalent of UnionTV except it will cost you $9.90 a game and make sure you cancel or they will charge you each month. No TV of the regular type.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

While the season is still young and nothing is ever certain, in College Hockey, there seems to be a lot of change in the air, or maybe just a remarkable level of parity. There seems to be a greater level of scheduled competition between HE, historically the leading conference in College Hockey, and the ECAC. I have not pushed the numbers so I don't really know if this is factually correct, it just seems this way. More scheduled competition between the leagues would make sense since we share the same geography.

Last year by the conclusion of the College Hockey season, HE and the ECAC were exactly tied in head to head competition. I realize that comparing OC records between leagues is not a basis of scientific comparison because team selection was not random and teams were not chosen to balance competition. However, its the best numbers we have.

With BC struggling and the emergence of BU, I thought I would look at the current top three HE teams to see what their ECAC competition is for the rest of the year.

For Boston University, it looks like it includes:
                  Harvard (2)
                  Colgate
                  Dartmouth
                  RPI
                  Union

UML and Vermont are up there as current conference leaders as well.

UML has Harvard and Union

Vermont has
                  St. Lawrence (2)
                  Yale
                  Dartmouth

None of these ECAC teams are exactly pushovers or will be a "walk in the park". Harvard and St. Lawrence are emerging as very very strong teams. As a matter of fact, this year, there are no weak teams in the ECAC. Even Princeton has come out from its corner swinging. The ECAC is now 10-5-1 vs HE. I wonder what it will look like by the end of the regular season? I ask this question because IMO ... this is the strongest I have ever seen the ECAC, top to bottom, and that is the message I have taken away from Harvard's win against BC yesterday.
                  Last edited by Dutchman; 11-12-2014, 08:37 AM.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Was last weekend pivotal for the Dutchmen after blowing a big lead againnst Dartmouth but rallying in the Harvard game? Each wekend is significant in college hockey but the upcoming one is perhaps more so for Union as ithe Dutchmen look to reclaim their form of last season..

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Ice View Post
                      Was last weekend pivotal for the Dutchmen after blowing a big lead againnst Dartmouth but rallying in the Harvard game? Each wekend is significant in college hockey but the upcoming one is perhaps more so for Union as ithe Dutchmen look to reclaim their form of last season..
                      This weekend is critical for ECAC points, pure & simple.. I may be wrong, but I just don't see this team suddenly "winning-out" the rest of the season. There are too many good teams in ECAC, and U hasn't even played several of potentially the best ones. I will be very interested to see how the boys do on Friday, as I'm certainly expecting Qpac to be one of those top teams. They are coming off 2 straight shutouts against a couple of the preseason favorites (Gate & Cornell) and have their usual abundance of speedy, skilled forwards. If U makes their normal 4-5 really bad defensive mistakes and can't buy a PP goal, it could get ugly quickly.
                      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Only two more home games before we hit the road ......
                        Any reports of injuries?
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Made FOX NEWS
                          http://www.fox23news.com/sports/cust...Ia0bCccpQ.cspx
                          http://www.fox23news.com/sports/cust...Ia0bCccpQ.cspx
                          FOX - 23 News

Also Spenser Foo
                          http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...rt-5889429.php

We even have FOX-23 News telling us "Its time to take care of business !!!!"
                          Last edited by Dutchman; 11-13-2014, 05:21 PM.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Lines vs QU

Comment

Postgame audio:

QU coach Rand Pecknold: http://yourlisten.com/unionhockeyblo...ostgame-111414

QU's Travis St. Denis (GWG): http://yourlisten.com/unionhockeyblo...ostgame-111414

Union's Max Novak, Matt Wilkins: http://yourlisten.com/unionhockeyblo...ostgame-111414

Union coach Rick Bennett: http://yourlisten.com/unionhockeyblo...ostgame-111414

Comment

The powerplay was better tonight, we had our chances throughout the game, but the bad penalties ultimately hurt us. I thought Connor Light had a solid debut, he's definitely a presence in the d-zone. Like RB said post-game "this is going to be a process." (In mean time, hopefully the losing will keep the bandwagons away from Messa. )
                                Union College Hockey
                                2014 NCAA National Champions
                                2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X