Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Another solid win!! The scary thing is we scored 8 goals this weekend without Novak and Cruice.
    Union College Hockey
    2014 NCAA National Champions
    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by YouSeeAlum View Post
      Alex in now. Good for his experience.
      Colin was getting run all night, smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
        Another solid win!! The scary thing is we scored 8 goals this weekend without Novak and Cruice.
        I wouldn't put a ton of stock in putting 8 past maine at this point. The goaltending at Maine right now is awful. I would say I'd expect to see you guys in Boston in April. lots of nifty players in close and a high compete level. Good team you guys have
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I wouldn't put a ton of stock in putting 8 past maine at this point. The goaltending at Maine right now is awful. I would say I'd expect to see you guys in Boston in April. lots of nifty players in close and a high compete level. Good team you guys have
          Maine was 13-1 at home last year. Did they lose a lot of guys?
          Union College Hockey

Comment

Novak and Cruice who? This team is starting to scare me a little, they are way ahead of where I thought they might be at this point early in the season. Still the challenges resume next weekend, but right now, I like this work in progress...a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Novak and Cruice who? This team is starting to scare me a little, they are way ahead of where I thought they might be at this point early in the season. Still the challenges resume next weekend, but right now, I like this work in progress...a lot.
              I agree 100%
              Union College Hockey

Comment

Maine was 13-1 at home last year. Did they lose a lot of guys?
                Yes, goaltender for one. Neither of the current tenders were recruited by Red. One was redshirted last year with a significant injury, surgery, not sure he practiced with team at all last year, the other played Jrs and didn't set the world on fire there.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

At this point, there may not be two better games in the country next weekend than Union's pair at home vs St. Cloud.

Comment

Dating back to last season, Union has won 16 straight and is 20-0-1 in their last 21 games.
                    Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 10-18-2014, 09:00 PM.
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Solid wins against two very good HE programs. NH by the way destroyed Michigan yesterday and just lost by 1 today. This Maine team will get it back on track
                      Here is what excites me:
                      - We will be at full strength and Novak and Cruise (if healthy) can bring a big shot in the arm to one of the lines. If Novak returns with the right attitude .... watch out. Look at what Wilkins just brought.
                      - The Freshmen are coming on line. I just cannot believe we are playing 7 and they are doing as well as they are doing. One day your playing against some N.E. prep school team with a crowd of 200 and then bingo, you are playing Maine in the Harold Alfond Sports Arena with 4830 fans screaming at you ....
                      - We have some upperclassmen who are really stepping up to the next level and playing at the next level. I didn't think VEC or Champ could get any better .... but they are.
                      - We are going to be home for 7 of our next 8 games. I don't know if we are an away team or a home team this year .... but it will be nice to have the fans cheering for us again.

Saint Cloud has this weekend off ..... fast and offensively minded .... we will be at full strength with a group of freshmen who have gotten a lot of playing time.

Kudo's for the ECAC
                      We are 13-8-1 leading all of college hockey (RPI score not in yet)
                      ECAC this weekend went 4-3-1 against some great Hockey East teams.
                      St. Lawrence beat #4 Ferris - held them to 2 goals for the weekend - another outstanding ECAC goalie
                      Last edited by Dutchman; 10-18-2014, 09:25 PM.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I would say I'd expect to see you guys in Boston in April. lots of nifty players in close and a high compete level. Good team you guys have
                        Thank you walrus ..... at the start of the season most of us would have been happy just to make it back to Lake Placid. Given our losses and our suspensions its hard enough to image just continuing to win. St. Cloud will be a big test for us and our very young and still inexperienced team and the ECAC is very tough again this year but we will be back at full strength and have 7 of the next 8 at home.
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 10-19-2014, 07:17 AM.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          Solid wins against two very good HE programs. NH by the way destroyed Michigan yesterday and just lost by 1 today. This Maine team will get it back on track
                          Here is what excites me:
                          - We will be at full strength and Novak and Cruise (if healthy) can bring a big shot in the arm to one of the lines. If Novak returns with the right attitude .... watch out. Look at what Wilkins just brought.
                          - The Freshmen are coming on line. I just cannot believe we are playing 7 and they are doing as well as they are doing. One day your playing against some N.E. prep school team with a crowd of 200 and then bingo, you are playing Maine in the Harold Alfond Sports Arena with 4830 fans screaming at you ....
                          - We have some upperclassmen who are really stepping up to the next level and playing at the next level. I didn't think VEC or Champ could get any better .... but they are.
                          - We are going to be home for 7 of our next 8 games. I don't know if we are an away team or a home team this year .... but it will be nice to have the fans cheering for us again.

Saint Cloud has this weekend off ..... fast and offensively minded .... we will be at full strength with a group of freshmen who have gotten a lot of playing time.

Kudo's for the ECAC
                          We are 13-8-1 leading all of college hockey (RPI score not in yet)
                          ECAC this weekend went 4-3-1 against some great Hockey East teams.
                          St. Lawrence beat #4 Ferris - held them to 2 goals for the weekend - another outstanding ECAC goalie
                          13-9-1.

Comment

Talking about getting off to a good start ....
                            Vecchione is now leading the nation in scoring and Ciampini is not far behind ....
                            Stevens gave up 2 goals in the last three games .....

Scoring Leaders
                            Rk Name GP G A Pts. Pt./GM GW PP SH
                            1 Mike Vecchione, So, F, Union 4 3 6 9 2.25 1 0 1

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...#ixzz3GcYWKOwp
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Video of the second Maine Game
                              http://wabi.tv/2014/10/18/maine-hock...nce-early-80s/
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

St. Cloud State Men's Hockey Interview with Bob Motzko on Oct. 11, 2014

Post Game Interview after the second game
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjwtTyN7-ck#t=32

Post Game Interview after the first game
                                SCSU Men's Hockey Coach Bob Motzko Interview Oct. 10, 2014 after 3-1 loss to #5/6 Colgate.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGXATWtxkjU
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 10-19-2014, 04:55 PM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X