Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit-
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
    Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a fellow turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out.
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.
    Often the goal is nearer than

It seems to a faint and faltering man;
    Often the struggler has given up
    Whe he might have captured the victor's cup;
    And he learned too late when the night came down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.
    Success is failure turned inside out -

The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It might be near when it seems afar;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Too many men on the ice with a minute to go? How much did they pay the refs?
      It was blatant. Just a lack of discipline at that moment. Bennett was actually shaking his head in disbelief.

Originally posted by UFan View Post
      As for the 6 on 5 and 6 on 4 at then end, why do we not ice the puck ? We get possession at least 3 or 4 times and we try to be cute. Who cares ? they are all over us, outplaying us and we are being totally dominated. Ice the **** puck !!!!! But no, we get cute, and they scored gorgeous goals.
      Looked to me that the open net was like a magnet to them, trying to get the clear shot from 180' away.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        It was blatant. Just a lack of discipline at that moment. Bennett was actually shaking his head in disbelief.

Looked to me that the open net was like a magnet to them, trying to get the clear shot from 180' away.
        Agree that the open net was too tempting for them. If Union ices the puck a couple of times (maybe just once), they'd hold on.

The killer to me was not scoring on the 2-man PP for a full two minutes in the second period. Already up 2-0, if they score once there, it's a different game.
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
          The killer to me was not scoring on the 2-man PP for a full two minutes in the second period. Already up 2-0, if they score once there, it's a different game.
          That kill definitely woke us up. Seemed to deflate Union as well.

I have to admit, when you went up 3-1 I thought it was lights out.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            That kill definitely woke us up. Seemed to deflate Union as well.

I have to admit, when you went up 3-1 I thought it was lights out.
            Understandable, but even though Union has found their defensive game lately, they've given up 2 & 3-goal leads a number of times this year. I wasn't counting my chickens until the clock hit all zeros.
            Union Hockey

Comment

My vote for "Captains" for next year ...... Vecchione and Wilkins and ?
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                The main difference this weekend is that U could play very well and do most everything right.. and still lose.
                Very good game by U for about 50 minutes and then Q turned it up a notch.. kudos to them, that's what good teams do. As others noted, a couple of key opportunities to ice the puck at the end might have been the difference. But was very happy with the play of the young players, particularly the D-men. They stood up Q at the blueline early and forced them to take some chances they don't normally take and then converted. Also another excellent game by Stevo. All around it was a fantastic game to watch even with the unhappy ending for U.

Not sure what to expect tonight, as the Bobcats definitely got their wakeup call last night. Hope the boys still have something left in the tank. All I'll say is make sure you bring an orthopedic seat cushion when watching a Union - Quinnipiac playoff game .
                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

See U tomorrow night!

Great goals by Pontarelli and Novak. Nick Cruice was also outstanding on the GWG. Stevens was lights out again tonight as well. It all comes down to tomorrow night.

Let's go U!

Comment

60 minutes of good hockey from both teams. Cool Novak goal, Stevens out of this world, Pontarelli, 3rd goal in 3 games (I believe ?)
                    One penalty.
                    I talked to my doctor, he prescribed some blood pressure beer. I'll need it I think.
                    We need another 60 minutes of good hockey and it's a 50-50 game.
                    Let's go Union !!!
                    Let's go Union !
                    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                    NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Nice job, good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        My vote for "Captains" for next year ...... Vecchione and Wilkins and ?
                        Vecchoine, sure, but I'm willing to bet he will be gone the day after we lose our next game.

Wilkins would be a bad choice for captain. He's finally producing this year, but takes stupid and selfish penalties more frequently than any other player on this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFan View Post
                          I talked to my doctor, he prescribed some blood pressure beer. I'll need it I think.
                          My wife wanted to put a BP or heart rate monitor on me tonight. I would've failed a stress test easily.

Gritty, gutty effort by the boys. It looked like Q had a step on them for most of the night, but they made stops when needed and Stevens was awesome again. This makes last night's loss a little tougher to take, but I won't complain right now.

Pontarelli scores two laser-precision goals this weekend, when he usually misses wide open nets. Go figure...

They live to fight another day. I think Stevens, Champ, Novak, Coatta, & Charlie don't want their careers to end just yet.
                          Union Hockey

Comment

Working...
                          X