Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    No question that Kasdorf is a great goalie ..... and that RPI has good defense. This year the ECAC has lots of very good goalies. However, thus far this year he does not even show up in the top 39 goalies (GAA) but I am sure he will ...

    Goaltending Leaders
    (Minimum 33% of team's total minutes needed to qualify)
    Rk Name GP W-L-T MIN GA SV SV% GAA
    1 Dalton Izyk, So, Robert Morris 4 4-0-0 239:49 3 128 .977 0.7506
    2 Mathias Dahlstr�m, Jr, Northern Michigan 6 5-0-1 364:43 5 132 .964 0.8226
    3 Mitch Gillam, So, Cornell 1 0-0-1 65:00 1 38 .974 0.9231
    4 Matt O'Connor, Jr, Boston University 4 3-1-0 238:47 5 115 .958 1.2564
    5 Charlie Finn, So, Colgate 8 6-2-0 475:04 10 179 .947 1.2630
    6 Jamie Phillips, Jr, Michigan Tech 6 6-0-0 359:18 8 157 .952 1.3359
    7 Tyler Steel, So, Brown 2 1-0-0 87:21 2 38 .950 1.3738
    8 Ryan Massa, Sr, Nebraska-Omaha 5 4-0-1 304:59 7 138 .952 1.3771
    9 Brody Hoffman, Jr, Vermont 4 3-0-1 244:42 6 89 .937 1.4712
    10 Cal Petersen, Fr, Notre Dame 5 3-1-1 304:18 8 152 .950 1.5774
    11 Evan Cowley, So, Denver 6 4-2-0 348:26 10 151 .938 1.7220
    12 Tim Ernst, So, Brown 1 1-0-0 32:39 1 16 .941 1.8377
    13 Colin Stevens, Sr, Union 7 5-2-0 390:35 12 186 .939 1.8434
    .
    .
    .
    34 Kyle Hayton, Fr, St. Lawrence 8 4-3-1 489:11 18 276 .939 2.2078
    35 Michael Bitzer, Fr, Bemidji State 3 2-1-0 180:00 7 78 .918 2.3333
    36 Parker Gahagen, So, Army 5 2-2-1 303:20 12 158 .929 2.3736
    37 Rob Nichols, So, Connecticut 6 1-3-2 344:49 14 185 .930 2.4361
    38 Sean Cahill, Sr, Alaska 4 2-2-0 244:19 10 126 .926 2.4558
    39 Matt Ginn, Sr, Holy Cross 8 2-4-2 484:45 20 240 .923 2.4755


    Read more: http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...#ixzz3HvOmiCsb

    and he is at 30th (lowest reported) in save percentage

    17 Colin Stevens, Sr, Union 7 .939
    Kyle Hayton, Fr, St. Lawrence 8 .939
    19 Evan Cowley, So, Denver 6 .938
    20 Brody Hoffman, Jr, Vermont 4 .937
    21 Carmine Guerriero, So, Alabama-Huntsville 4 .936
    22 Matthew Skoff, Jr, Penn State 8 .932
    23 Zane McIntyre, Jr, North Dakota 7 .931
    24 Rob Nichols, So, Connecticut 6 .930
    25 Parker Gahagen, So, Army 5 .929
    Thatcher Demko, So, Boston College 6 .929
    27 Tommy Burke, Jr, Bowling Green 3 .928
    28 Sean Cahill, Sr, Alaska 4 .926
    Terry Shafer, Jr, Robert Morris 4 .926
    30 Jason Kasdorf, Jr, Rensselaer 7 .924

    Read more: http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...#ixzz3HvN37rhI

    A good test for him will be this weekend against Harvard and Dartmouth.
    Good point and research, but this is all statistically insignificant for a lot of reasons. Time will tell. I think ECAC goaltending in general is top notch.
    Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

    RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

    Comment


    • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

      I love this quote from RB commenting on the power shortage on the power play, it epitomizes the mindset that Union Hockey adheres to to reach the heights. No whining, no excuses. "Whether you're a freshman or a senior, you're a hockey player and you are here for a reason...you are either going to provide value on it or not. We never make excuses here. We're going to make an audit on those guys on the power play. If they're not making it, they're not going to be on it. It's that simple."

      Comment


      • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

        Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        I love this quote from RB commenting on the power shortage on the power play, it epitomizes the mindset that Union Hockey adheres to to reach the heights. No whining, no excuses. "Whether you're a freshman or a senior, you're a hockey player and you are here for a reason...you are either going to provide value on it or not. We never make excuses here. We're going to make an audit on those guys on the power play. If they're not making it, they're not going to be on it. It's that simple."
        "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Wholin1 again." Thanks for the kind words, and great series this weekend, I'm feeling better about your coach after words like these.
        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

        RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

        Comment


        • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

          Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Union will win tonight
          Nostradamus
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

          Comment


          • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

            This team will be fine. Ran into a team that was more hungry on Friday night, and got some very good goaltending on Saturday night. It would be nice to finally have 2 of the top teams in the ECAC coming from the CD. Playing your best hockey in March is way more important than October and after last year, Union will clearly getting every other teams best shot. Bennett is still figuring out how to integrate the freshmen and also waiting to see what upper classmen will step up. Foo and Shier look very talented.

            Comment


            • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

              The NY Rangers are down to 4 available defenseman due to injuries and a suspension. Mat Bodie may get his first NHL action if he gets the callup from Hartford.

              Comment


              • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                Weekend concludes with three ECAC teams going up against 3 HE teams. Our Connecticut brethren did good. Yale and Lyons looked very very strong against Connecticut. QU showed a lot being down by two to come back and defeat NU. These two OC wins gives the ECAC the best league record against HE and we are the only league HE has less than .500 I am very impressed with Yale. QU showed lots of guts. Merrimack came away with a win against Princeton, but lots of loose filings
                Last edited by Dutchman; 11-02-2014, 05:31 PM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

                Comment


                • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                  Mat Bodie does not get the call up from Rangers.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                    Bodie and Welsh lead their respective AHL teams in scoring. Jooris is the first Union player to have a multi-goal NHL game.
                    Union College Hockey
                    2014 NCAA National Champions
                    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

                    Comment


                    • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                      If Saturday is any indication of things to come, good. I consider Friday's game an anomaly.
                      On Saturday, I saw very decent shots on goal, face of wins, more simple hockey, finished hits, good forecheck, fairly even lines, good freshmen and a very disciplined team. If we can keep doing this, we'll be fine. Too bad it wasn't a split...
                      What we didn't have on Saturday was a decent power play unit. When the other team is running all over you, pass the puck around without trying anything fancy until the defense gets tired. Make them run around the ice for 1 minute and 30 seconds and they'll be gassed out ; then you get quality chances. Also on Saturday, too many dumps and chase that led to nothing (goes back to not playing well against team that defend high), and the usual no-look passes that lead to turnovers (practice should fix this). Once we can get this going, scoring will come.

                      And let's not forget RPI's goalie who won the game for them.
                      Let's go Union !
                      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA champion : 2014

                      Comment


                      • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                        Union's going to be fine. Their system is more demanding than most teams in the conference, so it makes sense that when replacing important people they will wobble in November. BU under Parker did that for decades. It sure didn't hurt them in March.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by UFan View Post
                          If Saturday is any indication of things to come, good. I consider Friday's game an anomaly.
                          On Saturday, I saw very decent shots on goal, face of wins, more simple hockey, finished hits, good forecheck, fairly even lines, good freshmen and a very disciplined team. If we can keep doing this, we'll be fine. Too bad it wasn't a split...
                          What we didn't have on Saturday was a decent power play unit. When the other team is running all over you, pass the puck around without trying anything fancy until the defense gets tired. Make them run around the ice for 1 minute and 30 seconds and they'll be gassed out ; then you get quality chances. Also on Saturday, too many dumps and chase that led to nothing (goes back to not playing well against team that defend high), and the usual no-look passes that lead to turnovers (practice should fix this). Once we can get this going, scoring will come.

                          And let's not forget RPI's goalie who won the game for them.
                          Well said. I think we were spoiled defensively last year with the two headed monster of Bodie and Ghost. It's taking time for Vasacuro and Gingras to step up and the rest of the underclassmen obviously need to gain more experience. As I previously mentioned, I'd like to see Connor Light in the lineup soon. The kid is a blue chip prospect, big and physical d-man. I fear we may lose him to a transfer if he's not happy with playing time.
                          Last edited by UnionFan4Life; 11-03-2014, 09:43 AM.
                          Union College Hockey
                          2014 NCAA National Champions
                          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

                          Comment


                          • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                            Video of Jooris' two goals last night: http://bit.ly/1ws4393

                            Comment


                            • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                              It’s obviously very early in the season, but I’ve gotten my season simulator fired up to see what KRACH says the final standings will be. I update every Sunday based on the week's games. Come have a look in the thread!
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

                              2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place

                              Comment


                              • Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

                                Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                It’s obviously very early in the season, but I’ve gotten my season simulator fired up to see what KRACH says the final standings will be. I update every Sunday based on the week's games. Come have a look in the thread!
                                "Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."
                                Union College Hockey
                                2014 NCAA National Champions
                                2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X