X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2014-15: Semi-colons make things seem important

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I agree that Kato would end up in Manchester for the reasons you stated. But travel and committe perceptions aside, is there any reason to believe Miami would increase the South Bend attendance? We have several years of Miami tournament appearances. Is there any data to support that their fans travel?
    Even if they bring the same attendance as Mankato would to South Bend, money is saved by being able to bus Miami there.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Even if they bring the same attendance as Mankato would to South Bend, money is saved by being able to bus Miami there.
      Mankato can bus. It's 8 hours. They bus several trips a year that are at least that long.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It sucks that BG is on the knife edge in PWR, because I'd certainly take them throwing us a point or two next weekend. We haven't gotten things done these last two weekends, and I'm sad that the Falcons couldn't help us out.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Mankato can bus. It's 8 hours. They bus several trips a year that are at least that long.
          Mankato is an extra 8 hours (round-trip) worth of motorcoach rental. Miami (OH) is also a bigger "name", thanks to football. Might get a few ND fans to arrive early or stick around.

That said, IIRC, they've sent Miami east quite often in the recent past.

Comment

No way Mankato gets sent east if they finish as #1 or #2 overall seed.
            The committee doesn't mess with the top seeds to enhance the gate.
            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              It sucks that BG is on the knife edge in PWR, because I'd certainly take them throwing us a point or two next weekend. We haven't gotten things done these last two weekends, and I'm sad that the Falcons couldn't help us out.

GFM
              The way we've played the past couple of weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see you get a couple of points at BG this weekend
              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Mankato is an extra 8 hours (round-trip) worth of motorcoach rental. Miami (OH) is also a bigger "name", thanks to football. Might get a few ND fans to arrive early or stick around.

I get your points, and probably largely agree. My point (not well stated earlier) is that every year we juggle the brackets in the name of attendance, and every year attendance sucks. How about we just stick to bracket integrity?

Comment

Is there any data to support that their fans travel?
                  There's not even data to support that they have fans.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I get your points, and probably largely agree. My point (not well stated earlier) is that every year we juggle the brackets in the name of attendance, and every year attendance sucks. How about we just stick to bracket integrity?
                    I don't disagree. The main problem with regional attendance is the cost of tickets - you're required to purchase all three games, and it appears to be $90/pp for the full slate this year. Combine that with the cost of travel, hotel, & meals, and I think even a majority of serious fans are priced out of attending, especially on less than a month's notice. Or would rather put that money towards going to the Frozen Four, especially when it will be in Boston this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Not a loaded question:
                      How is motorcoach rental set up?
                      Is it each hour or 2 hour blocks or ??????
                      And what is that hourly rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                        The way we've played the past couple of weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see you get a couple of points at BG this weekend
                        Trust me, I was a huge Falcons fan last night. I mean, I'm not sure that it really matters, because the two teams that make it out of the UAA-UAH-LSSU trio are just going to be road kill on the drive to Boston for the Mavericks and Huskies.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                        X