This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    I think there are more Tech fans in the lower peninsula. Here in BG, Tech brought more fans than any school except Ohio State last year.
    I have to give the Techsters credit, they travel well, relative to their school size.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2014-15: Semi-colons make things seem important

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Great contribution.
      About par for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        About par for him.
        Rich, coming from the likes od you.

I just see 0 benefit in having comments from the nacho peanut gallery.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Rich, coming from the likes od you.

I just see 0 benefit in having comments from the nacho peanut gallery.
          Looking back on most of your "contributions" negativity seems to be your common thread.
          And that goes back 28,614 posts.
          Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            I have to give the Techsters credit, they travel well, relative to their school size.
            We do what we can . I try to do one away trip to a new place each year. Last year's Alaska trip was awesome and I'm pretty sure whenever get the double trip, we'll be doing it.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
              Remind me again who Ryan Sat...however it's spelled is. The name doesn't ring a bell.
              He replaced Gordon at the Sentinel covering BG hockey. He also has a couple of articles a week that he writes for www.BGSUHockey.com. He started writing for that site a year ago when he lived in Denver. He never watched one BG game last year so he based all of his articles on statistics from the games. He graduated from BG a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                I think Dan's blog post is interesting but I don't think we're going to see any significant realignment. NCHC may try to steal a team or two from the WCHA for political reasons but the toothpaste is out of the tube. The NCHC is here to stay because hockey has become a revenue generating sport for larger schools. TV visibility and name recognition outweigh travel, rivalries or any concerns of hardcore fans when it comes to revenue..
                I agree with you the NCHC is here to stay and the WCHA will lose a team to the NCHC when they add ASU.

Will the CCHA ever reappear with BGSU holding the rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  The blogger in question (not you, the guy from Minnesota) took a completely myopic view of the WCHA and its rivalries.

UAF/UAA, UAH/BSU, and NMU/MTU may not get the national publicity but there's as much bad blood in each of those rivalries as any other.

Also, DU and UND re-joining a league with us peons is a pipe dream, in my estimation.
                  Well, Dan's pretty clear that he's a Mankato guy. It would be interesting to do an analysis of attendance at VWC pre- and post-BTHC. I'll save that for after the season — it'd be a good look for all league members. (I'd obviously leave UAH out, but that leaves me to an analysis I'd like to finish of how UAH does better when not opposite football, but the effect is less strong when AU or UAT suck.)

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                    He replaced Gordon at the Sentinel covering BG hockey. He also has a couple of articles a week that he writes for www.BGSUHockey.com. He started writing for that site a year ago when he lived in Denver. He never watched one BG game last year so he based all of his articles on statistics from the games. He graduated from BG a few years back.
                    That was the part that I couldn't get over. The second part was, after questioning that, finding out that the rest of the team didn't have AmericaONE access, either. I mean, if I can find a way to pay for it while unemployed just so I can cover the team... but at least they got one in the second half. (I think that they may have gotten leverage from the school — they get a handful for their use.)

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      Well, Dan's pretty clear that he's a Mankato guy. It would be interesting to do an analysis of attendance at VWC pre- and post-BTHC.
                      GFM
                      Geof, I look forward to the analysis of someone with statistical know-how. My quick and largely uninformed English degree analysis of this has been that we're down for a total, because we haven't had the MN or NoDak in here since the breakup of the oWCHA. But we tend to be up when comparing all of the other weeks.

I think Myers' "analysis" consisted of remembering that "Boy, when I used to come to Gopher games, this place was packed and buzzing. But now look at it!" As I noted earlier in this thread, the 4000+ we drew for Saturday night's game (the game that Myers and his Negative Nancy wife attended) stacks up pretty favorably to all the non-Gopher, non-NoDak games of the last couple of years of the oWCHA. Of course, winning helps.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Well, Dan's pretty clear that he's a Mankato guy. It would be interesting to do an analysis of attendance at VWC pre- and post-BTHC.
                        Ciskie already did a few. In fact, it was probably the most useful thing he did yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Ciskie already did a few. In fact, it was probably the most useful thing he did yesterday.
                          False. At some point he shut up and went to bed.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            False. At some point he shut up and went to bed.
                            Myers probably should've tried doing that a couple days ago instead of blogging.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Well, that's a start. You also need NC/WCHA/CCHA splits, quality of opponents, ...

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I wish that trend was true across the conference. UAF is down about 15% since entering the WCHA. UAA is down too.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X