X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2014-15: Semi-colons make things seem important

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
    Mention this in the NCHC thread and they'll jump right down your throat. Trust me, I've done it. Realignment makes sense no matter how you slice it. Travel isn't cheap and the more you can regionalize a league, the better off the programs are.
    Bruce Ciskie already threw a hissy fit on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
      Mention this in the NCHC thread and they'll jump right down your throat. Trust me, I've done it. Realignment makes sense no matter how you slice it. Travel isn't cheap and the more you can regionalize a league, the better off the programs are.

FWIW, the B1G fans hate the current alignment. Especially the ones from the old CCHA. It really wouldn't be that bad except that they (except for OSU), along with Notre Dame seem to believe that 2 for 1 deals are fair when setting up schedules, as if they're doing us a favor. Bergeron won't have anything to do with them. Not to mention, playing them would play havoc on our SOS this year.
      And that's exactly what we little schools need to do. 2 for 1? **** off. Good luck with filling your OOC games that you need a ton of.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Bruce Ciskie already threw a hissy fit on Twitter.
        Because it's Wednesday? So glad Matt Wellens moved that way. Now I can get actual hockey news from UMD and not just whinertainment
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/12/10...just-changing/ revises and extends my "we haven't had time to form rivalries" point. I can't really believe that's Dan's premise for arguing the change when there are so many better ones to be made.

At the end of that piece, I posited that an interlock would be helpful. I've tried to do that once before, but two 10-team leagues are a darn sight easier to interlock than an 8-team and a 10-team (trust me, I spent four or five hours on it last summer).

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            MTU would have to take the cup with them to the CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              http://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/12/10...just-changing/ revises and extends my "we haven't had time to form rivalries" point. I can't really believe that's Dan's premise for arguing the change when there are so many better ones to be made.

At the end of that piece, I posited that an interlock would be helpful. I've tried to do that once before, but two 10-team leagues are a darn sight easier to interlock than an 8-team and a 10-team (trust me, I spent four or five hours on it last summer).

GFM
              Not sure how you leave MTU-NMU out of the hate each other list there

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                Not sure how you leave MTU-NMU out of the hate each other list there
                I had another bit about how the hot rivalries were in Michigan and Alaska, but I cut it for length (believe it or not, that piece was longer).

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

I had another bit about how the hot rivalries were in Michigan and Alaska, but I cut it for length (believe it or not, that piece was longer).

GFM
                  Fair enough, I'd have kept reading It was good read and length wasn't an issue for me.

Comment

twitter wars are fun...especially when you **** off the Minnesota Wild beat writer for the Star Tribune
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      twitter wars are fun...especially when you **** off the Minnesota Wild beat writer for the Star Tribune
                      I just saw that. Holy ****, Bruce Ciskie is a useless pile of dog ****. He's like college hockey's Hawk Harrelson.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I just saw that. Holy ****, Bruce Ciskie is a useless pile of dog ****. He's like college hockey's Hawk Harrelson.
                        He just said he prefers St Cloud in the NCHC over Notre Dame because he is "anti-plane" but he can't understand why people like Dan Myers and myself hate the change because we traded all these driveable road games for flights. He claims I can't say that because I'm not part of the team.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          He just said he prefers St Cloud in the NCHC over Notre Dame because he is "anti-plane" but he can't understand why people like Dan Myers and myself hate the change because we traded all these driveable road games for flights. He claims I can't say that because I'm not part of the team.
                          The guy is really a piece of work. The whole sport would be better off if he got hooked on basketball, or tennis or something a long ways away from the hockey world.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

At least Ciskie is open about his opinion, yeah?

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

At least Ciskie is open about his opinion, yeah?

GFM
                              Listen to a play by play of his and your approval of his openness may drop a bit...

Comment

This was a great exchange:
                                @TBraunTHG - I don't feel as negative as @1DanMyers about the West dying but I'm passionate about #mtuhky
                                @BruceCiskie - Then be happy. They're having a great season so far.
                                @puckato - He’d love to but the NCHC keeps taking credit for their success

Comment

Working...
                                X