This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    We have the hardest working Pep Band in HE.
    Not saying they aren't good but how do you know they are hardest working?

Comment

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

And bomber, I really don't think BC fans have been tough on eichel other than having some fun with his coast job on BC's 2nd goal the other night. I wouldn't worry about rinnieb, guy is a dunce.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        And bomber, I really don't think BC fans have been tough on eichel other than having some fun with his coast job on BC's 2nd goal the other night. I wouldn't worry about rinnieb, guy is a dunce.
        Not trying to deffend Rawnub here, but I will agree with JD that on occasion I get the impression that Eichel is coasting a bit too much for my liking out there... maybe I'm misreading body language, not sure. One that stands out to me was yesterdays game, not appearing to hustle when clearing the zone... i forget which period it was in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

But yes, the real problem is ANY piped in music. We have the hardest working Pep Band in HE. We aren't at a dance.
          I don't mind a little piped in music. Should be 3:1 ratio band : piped in.

Little kids love the dance contest... keep it.

It seems like the band director is figuring out the timing of starting up the fight song after the goal horn, plenty of time to play it... I think it will work well.

The more we have of them, the more I like the early game times. I hope they continue to have a handful of matinee games on the schedule every year.

Edit: The selection of piped in music could use some work.

Edit 2: Complaint of the day. Why oh why can't we produce a hot dog that is actually hot? Should they change the menu item to "somewhat warm dog"?
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-19-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            Read the post. didn't say he was leaving. Said he "needs" to leave immediately. What he is doing right now is killing his draft stock. Continues to play this way, will not be top 5 pick. Stand by Major junior next year.
            "Good player Major Junior next year" is what you wrote. I thought my translation was pretty logical.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
              Agree on the 8th grade dance music. Lose it.
              I'm all for the 80s music though. A little Kajagoogoo to get the house amped up

The goal horn stays though
              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                So what you're saying is that you'd like the band to play Taylor Swift songs?
                Why not. It can't be any worse than Beer Barrel Polka.

They aren't even trying anymore with regards to the dance contest. They show 4 cute kids for 40 seconds and finish it.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

The hate being spit at my gurl T Swift in this thread is unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                    The hate being spit at my gurl T Swift in this thread is unforgivable.
                    Wait. Your girl? I thought she was my girl! That little tramp.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

The band needs to learn some Tom Jones!!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Not trying to deffend Rawnub here, but I will agree with JD that on occasion I get the impression that Eichel is coasting a bit too much for my liking out there... maybe I'm misreading body language, not sure. One that stands out to me was yesterdays game, not appearing to hustle when clearing the zone... i forget which period it was in.
                        Reminiscent of JVR syndrome. He turned out OK.
                        Last edited by Darius; 01-20-2015, 10:30 AM.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          Reminiscent of JVR syndrome. He turned out OK.
                          I had the same thought, though, to an earlier point, he couldn't play for the Bruins either, regardless of how many wives/girlfriends he didn't screw around with.
                          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                            I had the same thought, though, to an earlier point, he couldn't play for the Bruins either, regardless of how many wives/girlfriends he didn't screw around with.
                            Nor could Phil Esposito. Isn't Eichel likely to have been selected before the Bs pick, anyway? I've been looking forward to BU's/Eichel's Durham visit all season. Eichel is a highlight waiting to happen. Enjoy him while you've got him!
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

If Eichel's coasting, I'd advise sitting him for the next two games. Please, it's for his own good.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Not saying they aren't good but how do you know they are hardest working?
                                It was a play on words. That's what they announce when they announce the band before the game "The 'hardest working band in Hockey East' ". See?

Comment

Working...
                                X