X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    ... enough with the stupid Dance Contest.
    How thrilled are 3-year kids with getting a $50 gift certificate to Dominoes?

Yeah, okay the kiddies are cute. That is not dancing. The winner needs to be old to count to 50 and make change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
      How thrilled are 3-year kids with getting a $50 gift certificate to Dominoes?

Yeah, okay the kiddies are cute. That is not dancing. The winner needs to be old to count to 50 and make change.
      Once hot dog and Jesus' class graduated and took the hot asian dancing girl with them, the dancing contest has been passé
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Said it all along, BU number 1 was laughable, 2nd only to Merrimack ranked there a couple years ago
        Nah, it is not laughable at all. It says what college hockey is this year. There are no super teams, and if you are at the top of one of the best leagues, that is where you are going to be.
        Right now, there is not one team in the country that you can point to as say that is a sure-fire Frozen Four team. Not one.

So if not BU, who? Minnesota-Mankato? North Dakota? Harvard? Minnesota?
        Michigan Tech? Come on?

No joke. It is what it is.

Comment

I picked up my Beanpot tickets at Agganis during the game yesterday. It made me think, I can't remember the last year when all 4 teams were collectively this good. All 4 teams have a legit chance to win this year. Yes, NU still has a losing record, but they have turned it around since their horrible start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            Ho hum. Been watching before you ever knew who he was. Good player Major junior next year.
            Oh were you? And that makes you more qualified? Frankly if it took you that many games to still form the "scouting report" you're touting then I'm quite impressed.
            Boston University 2009 Champs
            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              Nah, it is not laughable at all. It says what college hockey is this year. There are no super teams, and if you are at the top of one of the best leagues, that is where you are going to be.
              Right now, there is not one team in the country that you can point to as say that is a sure-fire Frozen Four team. Not one.

So if not BU, who? Minnesota-Mankato? North Dakota? Harvard? Minnesota?
              Michigan Tech? Come on?

No joke. It is what it is.
              Agreed but it clearly is not BU. Good points though

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Did hoky change his handle?
                I think Ronnie may be the 3 sources that said Jack would be heading to MJ after the WJCs.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

On Eichel: The haters are gonna hate, hate, hate. Did I just... **** you Agganis Arena for playing Taylor Swift during time-outs. (Can we all agree this is an absolute abomination? Can I write my congressman about this? MORE BAND! Less 12-year old chick music! Christ on a cracker.) Other teams are just jealous. We've seen this act before, and us Fan Boys have been guilty of it in the past. Gionta is too small to make it in the NHL. Marty Reasoner doesn't play any D. Nathan Gerbe is just a hack. Well, okay, 2 outta 3 actually isn't a bad percentage, but still, you get my point.

I really like this hockey team. I love how excited they were to win that game yesterday. They were also wicked happy for their teammate that fans of other schools think they all resent and hate 'cause he doesn't play any defense and gets all the press. Anyway, gonna be a fun Beanpot and an even funner (Yes, I know that's not a word) stretch run.

BU Hockey: Shake it Off (Argh!!)
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    On Eichel: The haters are gonna hate, hate, hate. Did I just... **** you Agganis Arena for playing Taylor Swift during time-outs. (Can we all agree this is an absolute abomination? Can I write my congressman about this? MORE BAND! Less any kind of piped-in music. Christ on a cracker.) Other teams are just jealous. We've seen this act before, and us Fan Boys have been guilty of it in the past. Gionta is too small to make it in the NHL. Marty Reasoner doesn't play any D. Nathan Gerbe is just a hack. Well, okay, 2 outta 3 actually isn't a bad percentage, but still, you get my point.

I really like this hockey team. I love how excited they were to win that game yesterday. They were also wicked happy for their teammate that fans of other schools think they all resent and hate 'cause he doesn't play any defense and gets all the press. Anyway, gonna be a fun Beanpot and an even funner (Yes, I know that's not a word) stretch run.

BU Hockey: Shake it Off (Argh!!)
                    Fixed your post. You know if they played Radiohead at every break we wouldn't see this post from you.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      I think Ronnie may be the 3 sources that said Jack would be heading to MJ after the WJCs.
                      Read the post. didn't say he was leaving. Said he "needs" to leave immediately. What he is doing right now is killing his draft stock. Continues to play this way, will not be top 5 pick. Stand by Major junior next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                        Read the post. didn't say he was leaving. Said he "needs" to leave immediately. What he is doing right now is killing his draft stock. Continues to play this way, will not be top 5 pick. Stand by Major junior next year.
                        Okey doke. Thanks for giving all of us Terrier fans your never-asked-for stance on Jack Eichel's future. Let's chat in June, OK?

Comment

Agree on the 8th grade dance music. Lose it.
                          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Fixed your post. You know if they played Radiohead at every break we wouldn't see this post from you.
                            Truth!

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            Agree on the 8th grade dance music. Lose it.
                            But yes, the real problem is ANY piped in music. We have the hardest working Pep Band in HE. We aren't at a dance.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              But yes, the real problem is ANY piped in music. We have the hardest working Pep Band in HE. We aren't at a dance.
                              So what you're saying is that you'd like the band to play Taylor Swift songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                I hope Jim Pryor is okay, for his sake and ours. Today's PA announcer was annoying in the extreme. Does anyone know who he is?

On a separate topic, enough with the stupid Dance Contest.
                                Knew pryor had health issues but didn't know he was on oxygen until I saw him during nesn telecast

Comment

Working...
                                X