This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Discipline, or lack thereof, was the biggest factor of the game IMO.

2 5X3 goals for BC. In fact, BC didn't score a 5X5 goal (the other two were a 4X4 and ENG).

I thought the first 5X3 resulted on a phantom tripping call on O'Regan, but BU shouldn't have been in the position of having to defend two close to two minute 5X3s. That cannot be acceptable to Quinn. BU came in with the jitters acting it was their first high stakes college hockey game while BC acted like they had been there before.

BU had some problems with BC's big D-men. Eichel was unnoticeable for most of the game. All that and BU still made a game of in the end. Why why why does BU seem to wait until the 3rd so start scoring?? I'm sure someone has the figures but BU's 3rd period GF-GA is absurd.

Not much time to figure it out until they face Lowell, which is arguably just as important of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      BU came in with the jitters acting it was their first high stakes college hockey game while BC acted like they had been there before.
      all but 3 of them have been there before, it was no act................having said that, the 4 goals were scored by those 3

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Said it all along, BU number 1 was laughable, 2nd only to Merrimack ranked there a couple years ago
        Was that back when they had Cannata playing?
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

BC's defense was a big factor. BU had a lot of difficulty entering the zone without being forced very wide. There aren't too many guys on any team that have the skill to be able to get through that wall. We have at least one, but he wan't able to do it much last night.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
            Was that back when they had Cannata playing?
            Yup

Comment

Since Mook isn't here, allow me to play his game... How come the "journalists" don't have 3-4 solid questions ready to ask Quinn after his opening statement? Seriously. Isn't BU a journalism school?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

After last night, it is time to push re-start button and try some other line combinations. This has gone on long enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                  I think that was my first time hearing the new goal horn at Agganis. I have to say, I always liked that it was one of the few places that didn't have one.
                  Where the hell were you when I was saying how much I hated it back in November and everyone here said they loved it???? Would've been nice to have some back up.

Comment

Originally posted by coachhockeybob View Post
                    After last night, it is time to push re-start button and try some other line combinations. This has gone on long enough.
                    Yes- Hohman should not be playing with Baillargeon- carries the puck too much

Comment

Hohmann seems more interested in just mixing it up out there. But perhaps that is simply his role as his offensive game hasn't really developed over his career.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Hohmann seems more interested in just mixing it up out there. But perhaps that is simply his role as his offensive game hasn't really developed over his career.
                        If that's his role, he's been seriously miscast. He's better suited to mixing it up with the kids who play between periods. More his size.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I agree. I think the success of BU's season hinges on Baillargeon, specifically getting him on the scoresheet. Hohmann and Oksanen can't play on the same line as Baillargeon. RB needs linemates who will dig the puck out of the corners and from along the boards, and pass it to him. Pass is the last item on AO's To Do List. Baillargeon has 4 or 5 points at this point? That stat is inconceivable given his performance last season, even taking mono into consideration. After Eichel, he's the most talented forward on the team. I saw last night's game live and on replay. Sadly, I took scant notice of Baillargeon. Olsson or Greer would be a much better fit - one man's opinion.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Just heard Olson with Baillargeon, and AO. Would love to see Roberto there, but it is nice to hear the coaches mixing the lines up. Homan 3rd line center at morning skate.

Comment

Just heard Olson with Baillargeon, and AO. Would love to see Roberto there, but it is nice to hear the coaches mixing the lines up. Homan 3rd line center at morning skate.
                              I like what I've seen from Olsson, he's got some jump to him and has been the most impressive non-Jack freshman forward.

After the game, the police were talking with the group the guy who jumped over the boards was sitting with, all of them were wearing BC gear. Also nice of you guys to throw multiple boxes of popcorn on the ice - classy.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                After the game, the police were talking with the group the guy who jumped over the boards was sitting with, all of them were wearing BC gear. Also nice of you guys to throw multiple boxes of popcorn on the ice - classy.
                                iglescum
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X