X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Is Friday's game on TV? Our Friday home games are usually at 7:30, but the schedule says 7:00pm. And now that we know the Patriots' schedule, they don't have to move Sunday's game. Which is good, because I must avoid that game and it would be impossible if it was played during the BU game.
    Yes, NESN.

Comment

Whew. Still #2. No desire to head into the games this weekend with that bullseye on our back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Whew. Still #2. No desire to head into the games this weekend with that bullseye on our back.
        Oh, the bullseye is there. It's BU-BC! And BU won the first game. (But yeah, I'm glad they aren't #1)

BU's record is 1 2-3-4 right now.

Just watched the end of Friday night's game online. BU's celebration after they tied it was 2009-esque. (Okay, not quite, but still. It was pretty cool.) Those old-school announcers are killing me. #HomeSpun

BU Hockey: Eagles and Hawks Lurking
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          What he means is... 'my team is no longer dropping passes at the blue line for the other team to pick up and go the other way.'

Look at the schedule. When we beat some quality competition, then you can crow. Until then, BC is a middle of the pack team. 'Nough said.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            What he means is... 'my team is no longer dropping passes at the blue line for the other team to pick up and go the other way.'

Look at the schedule. When we beat some quality competition, then you can crow. Until then, BC is a middle of the pack team. 'Nough said.
            Suuuuuuuuuuuuure you are. Right. Uh huh. I TOTALLY believe that! Except for the totally part. And the believe part.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Hey Rogie-

1. The entire games are available indefinitely for replay on BTN2Go. What's that you say? The entire world does not subscribe to the Big Ten Network? Sorry, the B1G cannot hear you over the sound of all the football and bouncyball cash jingling in their pockets.

2. PB (Paul Braun) has been the TV voice of Wisco Hockey for 40 years. At this point he's essentially Badger Hockey's version of the Cub's Harry Carey, so it doesn't really matter what he does. Since he broadcasts on Wisconsin Public Television which, until the invention of the internet (something PB may not yet be aware of ) was pretty much only available in Wisconsin, and there are no other D1 hockey teams in Wisconsin, his Wisco stories haven't been a big issue. He's sort of an institution even though he calls Tim Davison and Adam Rockwood David-son and Lockwood. God knows who's name he murdered on your roster. Like all real Badgers I love PB, but I usually listen to the radio voice of the Badgers, Brian Posick on WIBA who's excellent and the real heir apparent to former Badger Hockey announcer, Hall of Famer and longtime voice of the LA Kings, Bob Miller. Not that that is helpful for you guys to know now.
              Thanks, Wisko. Quite a few leading internet providers (Comcast, Fios, Optimum, Cox) support BTN2Go. The archived games have edited out the TV timeouts and between-the-periods interviews, etc. And thanks for the PB backstory. Still no highlights posted.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I'm watching the 2nd game and the announcers just pointed out that BU's first line has 68 points. The entire Wisconsin roster has 70.

What a difference a year makes. (Oh, and that guy wearing #9.)
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Listen, you all know the first-line strategy: Just circle Eichel with all your players so he can't pass. Then you'll win the second-fourth lines.
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                    Listen, you all know the first-line strategy: Just circle Eichel with all your players so he can't pass. Then you'll win the second-fourth lines.
                    I hope Jerry is paying attention.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      Still no highlights posted.
                      Soon. Working on those now.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                        Soon. Working on those now.
                        Highlights of Saturday's 6-1 win now posted.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          I'm watching the 2nd game and the announcers just pointed out that BU's first line has 68 points. The entire Wisconsin roster has 70.

What a difference a year makes. (Oh, and that guy wearing #9.)
                          The above was at the start of the game. At the end of the night it was 78-70, BU first line over Wisconsin roster.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Highlights of Saturday's 6-1 win now posted.
                            Well good thing I didn't start! If Friday's doesn't appear I'll upload highlights of that tonight.
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Highlights of Friday's game.
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                                What was the point of the shootout, if it doesn't count?

Comment

Working...
                                X