X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Lot A is underground behind the arena and you take an elevator up. Lots of traffic getting out of that lot.

When you turn into Buick St. off of Commonwealth Ave., there's a private lot immediately on your right. That's you best choice for easy in, easy out, but get there at least an hour before game time. It sells out quick. IIRC, same price as the BU lots... $10.00.
    Thanks !!!!
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Scarlet: Thanks ...
      if I get there at around 5:00pm should I expect space to be available in "A"? I would imagine a sellout and just trying to gage if things will get filled up in a hurry.
      Lot A is pretty big. I've only been shut out of it once for a sellout game (BC/BU always sold out), when I haven't gotten there in time for my private lot. If lot A is sold out, go to Lot B at Walter Brown Arena. Lots of room there also, a short walk to Agganis and easier getting out than Lot A.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Lot A is pretty big. I've only been shut out of it once for a sellout game (BC/BU always sold out), when I haven't gotten there in time for my private lot. If lot A is sold out, go to Lot B at Walter Brown Arena. Lots of room there also, a short walk to Agganis and easier getting out than Lot A.
        Thank you !!!
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Scarlet: Thanks ...
          if I get there at around 5:00pm should I expect space to be available in "A"? I would imagine a sellout and just trying to gage if things will get filled up in a hurry.
          I have not found Lot A full very many times at all, and I'm typically arriving around 6:30, although the weather is going to be crappy at game time so that may result in more people driving in.

Will Union bring a lot of fans? With the exception of BU/BC, Agganis basically never sells out… especially when the students are gone.

Comment

With it being Saturday, meters are free after 6, so if you get there at five, you can get any meter on Comm Ave, pay something like $1-2 in quarters for an hour, and you're all set for the night.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Will Union bring a lot of fans? With the exception of BU/BC, Agganis basically never sells out … especially when the students are gone.
              Forgot that school is out for BU. Hard to figure turnout. We usually have a solid turnout for Harvard at Bright-Landry, maybe 400-500, tops.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                With it being Saturday, meters are free after 6, so if you get there at five, you can get any meter on Comm Ave, pay something like $1-2 in quarters for an hour, and you're all set for the night.
                Good idea !!!
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• i see a good amount of snow forecast now... May stay home and watch the stillers lose while following the blog
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    i see a good amount of snow forecast now... May stay home and watch the stillers lose while following the blog
                    The game is on NBCSN, so you could change channels. And where are you seeing a good amount forecasted??????? Because this morning they were saying 1-2"!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      The game is on NBCSN, so you could change channels. And where are you seeing a good amount forecasted??????? Because this morning they were saying 1-2"!!!
                      3-5' out may way driving home through it.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Eichel back for tomorrow?
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I totally don't get what your issue is here ericredaxe. I don't think any arena with the exception of the Whitt has that. And if you have a ticket to the game, why aren't you in your seat watching it? Agganis does have standing room areas, limited though they may be.
                          Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                          I always have liked the Whitt and Dartmouth's building, but recently spoke to a coach who disagrees.

He thinks it takes the hometown "strollers," as he called them, up on the mezzanine, out of the game. I see his point. You may still be watching the game, but you're not as engaged. He wants his fans in their seats, creating some energy.
                          Not really an issue, I had just commented on something that I thought was better about the Whitt than Agganis. Sounds as if Dartmouth has these types of larger standing room / gathering areas too... as does Conte (behind both ends), Lawler (at least pre-reno). Outside of college hockey, Fenway has this, Yankee stadium does, I'm sure there are plenty more. I think its a nice feature.

Not every fan is going to be glued to their seat participating in each and every chant / cheer that goes on. Despite what the Dartmouth coach says, it is sometimes nice to be a "stroller".... watching the game, standing in an area other than your seat (particularly if you have friends seated in other areas of the arena).

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                            To my knowledge, no.

Union 5, BU 2

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              To my knowledge, no.

Union 5, BU 2
                              An hour plane ride from Montreal. Back in town in time for a few slabs from T Anthony's..... No problem
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                                I would highly doubt it. Let him rest. Plus, whoever was going to play in his place - let that guy get some icetime.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X