X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    The original bowl to Tsongas is the same Agganis with luxury boxes at the top....Tsongas was copied from the Whitt with seats in the end zone...They all had the same designer.
    the only thing that is the same between lake whit and the tsong are they are located in crappy areas.

same designer doesn't mean 'same'... donald ross designed wannamoisett & pinehurst 2 and they have a number of differences.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Santa brought me one of the throwback jerseys they wore on Friday night. Never had a BU hockey jersey before. Looks like I have some new duds to wear to the games! It's sweet, but not a sweet as my dads official #6 Parker jersey. Either way pretty cool of Santa.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        10 goals for Team USA and not a single point for Eichel....what are the odds of that happening?
        He only played half the game. Check out the highlights (Tuch's fist goal is filthy.). Be sure to pay attention at 2:25 of the video. Sophomore Captain?

http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=836196

I think The Zlax 45 is nuts. Agganis is much nicer than Tsongas and the Whit. Nicer "fit and finish" and better sight lines.

Merry Christmas Terrier Nation. I hope Santa brings us a full and healthy roster for the BC game on the 16th.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Been to Northeastern lately? PC didn't draw that for a majority of their games this year either...
          Keyword was major.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I think The Zlax 45 is nuts. Agganis is much nicer than Tsongas and the Whit. Nicer "fit and finish" and better sight lines.
            Just quoting the architect when I toured the facility during its construction.
            Last edited by The Zlax45; 12-25-2014, 09:40 PM.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Just quoting the architect when I toured the facility during its construction.
              I think the "bones" are very similar among the three. If memory serves me right from the construction tour, the architect made the bowl at Agganis slightly steeper to improve the sight lines. Agganis also clearly went with higher end seats / other finishes than the other two.

I do wish there was more "open space" and fewer luxury suites.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                I think the "bones" are very similar among the three. If memory serves me right from the construction tour, the architect made the bowl at Agganis slightly steeper to improve the sight lines. Agganis also clearly went with higher end seats / other finishes than the other two.

I do wish there was more "open space" and fewer luxury suites.
                I'm not an architect but it would seem to me that you wouldn't want the open space to turn the concourse into a bar room at the expense of the luxury suites
                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Eichel better than mcdavid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Eichel better than mcdavid.
                    Hardly, Mcdavid hasn't played to 2 months

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                      I'm not an architect but it would seem to me that you wouldn't want the open space to turn the concourse into a bar room at the expense of the luxury suites
                      I'm sure that is not ideal from an income standpoint, but that would actually be a good thing. I think the arena is lacking in "gathering space" where you can stand, see the game, and chat with friends who might be sitting in other sections.

Comment

I totally don't get what your issue is here ericredaxe. I don't think any arena with the exception of the Whitt has that. And if you have a ticket to the game, why aren't you in your seat watching it? Agganis does have standing room areas, limited though they may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                          Hardly, Mcdavid hasn't played to 2 months
                          First time I saw McDavid play. Didn't seem to me that injury hampered him. I can see why he is hyped - he can fly out there and incredibly skilled. A couple observations:

1. He looks closer to 5'11" than 6'1".
                          2. His game reminds me of Patrick Kane but with more of an edge.

Not sure who is better, but they are somewhat different players - Eichel the big skilled power forward and McDavid the explosive jitterbug. Eichel's speed I think will stay with him longer since it is the result of the technique of his long powerful stride whereas McDavid's looks to have a lot to do with his young age. Different way of saying that Eichel will be just as fast at 32 whereas McDavid won't.

By seeing McDavid play once, I think who is number 1 depends on what type of player the NHL front office wants more.

Comment

Eichel is a great player, and tons of organizations would kill to have him, but I would not take Eichel at the expense of Mcdavid.
                            Only his 2nd game in 2 months, timing is probably still a bit off but he looked good tonight.
                            So did Eichel against Finland. Sweet pass to tuch

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I'm sure that is not ideal from an income standpoint, but that would actually be a good thing. I think the arena is lacking in "gathering space" where you can stand, see the game, and chat with friends who might be sitting in other sections.
                              I always have liked the Whitt and Dartmouth's building, but recently spoke to a coach who disagrees.

He thinks it takes the hometown "strollers," as he called them, up on the mezzanine, out of the game. I see his point. You may still be watching the game, but you're not as engaged. He wants his fans in their seats, creating some energy.

Comment

Eichel is a better player
                                The Canadian hype machine will promote but he is not a better player. The more and more NCAA guys take over NHL, his status will pull back. Great player but Eichel us bigger and better.

Comment

Working...
                                X