X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie likes that 2 minutes of fun. Couple of those girlies are friggin hot!!
    One of these days I'm actually going to have to try the chicken fingers! I'd guess they are better than the Agganis offering?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I agree it was fun and think it would be fun for a repeat every so often. There is a team that plays there yes which is great, but (and no disrespect at all to our awesome women's program) I think we can all admit that going to those games is not the same. I can't imagine that a schedule could not be worked out for a game every couple of years where we don't displace the women's team.

Unfortunately I didn't get to Lawler this year, more power to them if they can command that price point for tickets.

For those who don't like the old barns though let me ask this: Other than the fact that our teams play there, what is different / unique / special about Agganis that separates it from many many other new arenas?
      Hey, Lawler gets a decent crowd no matter who they play...Got to give Merrimack credit for that.

There is nothing different between BU, UNH (minus the end zones), and Lowell besides the padded seats at BU.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Hey, Lawler gets a decent crowd no matter who they play...Got to give Merrimack credit for that.

There is nothing different between BU, UNH (minus the end zones), and Lowell besides the padded seats at BU.
        Credit to Merrimack, but of course it is easier to fill a rink that is 40% of the capacity of Agganis. There are many similarities between Agganis and Tsongas, but both are much better and different facilities than the Whitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Credit to Merrimack, but of course it is easier to fill a rink that is 40% of the capacity of Agganis. There are many similarities between Agganis and Tsongas, but both are much better and different facilities than the Whitt.
          One thing I much prefer about the Whitt, and I think the same for Tsongas (although I have not been to a game there in several years) is how most of the concourse is open view to the ice. Plenty of places to stand, gather, chat with your friend who isn't seated next to you while watching the game. BU totally missed the benefit of this and instead went for the money by blocking off 90% of it with luxury suites.

Comment

Nice four-page article on JE in the new SI (Alabama cover), written by BU grad Brian Cazeneuve

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              One of these days I'm actually going to have to try the chicken fingers! I'd guess they are better than the Agganis offering?
              Cain's serves chicken?!?!?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                The Asians, right?
                Does a black bear chit out puddin' in the woods?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Looking forward to starting off the New Year celebrating Agganis' 10-year birthday. I hope they have cake!
                  And hopefully new video screens!

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

The last time BU, or any major HE program, didn't sell 2,400 tickets was....

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  There is a team that plays there yes which is great, but (and no disrespect at all to our awesome women's program) I think we can all admit that going to those games is not the same.
                  Thank you for being the one to step up and say this. It's just simply not the same to go to a women's game as a men's game. It's not placing one as better than the other, but for those of us that prefer the men's game, prefer the atmosphere, the style of play, etc., it's kind of insulting to insinuate that it's the same thing. It's strictly a matter of preference.

And Cane's chicken is miles apart from Agganis's.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    And hopefully new video screens!
                    Know something we don't??

Aren't the current video screens only a few years old? I thought they were replaced after the season which featured the green dots all over the screen.

Comment

I am not advocating more games for the men's team at WBA. The USA Juniors game was fun and nostalgic.

But I would rather go to a hockey game at WBA than a hockey game at Fenway Park.

The Bruins may get an NHL Winter Classic game next season, and if it is at Fenway (as opposed to Gillette), the Red Sox will be looking to schedule everyone and his brother and sister for games there.

If the teams and players want to do it again, fine. But I'd sit it out and watch at home.

Outdoor games have jumped the shark, IMO.

Comment

10 goals for Team USA and not a single point for Eichel....what are the odds of that happening?
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

mookie wishes a me rry fu c ki ng christmas to all y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Know something we don't??

Aren't the current video screens only a few years old? I thought they were replaced after the season which featured the green dots all over the screen.
                            I don't, though I've heard talk that they want to replace them. The video screens that show game play haven't been changed since the arena opened. That period in 2005 was right before HD video became widely popular, so the ones they have there are SD. Improved HD video likely would also lead to HD video stream since they'd upgrade the in-house cameras. It's really the one part of the arena that is lagging behind other programs around the country.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

The last time BU, or any major HE program, didn't sell 2,400 tickets was....

Been to Northeastern lately? PC didn't draw that for a majority of their games this year either...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                One thing I much prefer about the Whitt, and I think the same for Tsongas (although I have not been to a game there in several years) is how most of the concourse is open view to the ice. Plenty of places to stand, gather, chat with your friend who isn't seated next to you while watching the game. BU totally missed the benefit of this and instead went for the money by blocking off 90% of it with luxury suites.
                                The original bowl to Tsongas is the same Agganis with luxury boxes at the top....Tsongas was copied from the Whitt with seats in the end zone...They all had the same designer.

Comment

Working...
                                X