This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

very classy on the part of jack eichel to wish all his soon to be former teammates a nice 'good bye' and then join them in a stick salute to the bu faithful before he departs for mj and the sea dogs
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Those 1951 throwbacks were mighty sweet. Hope they take the place of the current alternates.
      Go BU!

Comment

Official attendance listed at 2239 in the box score. There must have been a heck of a lot of people sneak in the side door... No way that arena was less than 60% full tonight.

The jerseys were very sweet. I would not vote that they replace the current third jersey, but I'd hope they get added into the rotation.

Pretty cool being back at Walter Brown. Apart from the seat cushion, I'd say I like it more than Agganis. Hopefully a game ther becomes a somewhat common occourance.

Comment

http://youtu.be/RtUO_GLwDrk

That stick salute was awesome
          Boston University 2014
          It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Awesome experience. Exceeded my expectations. Turns out, you can go home again.

First on WBA: I forgot how close it all is. Yet the rake is so flat. Loved every minute, but thankful for the nice digs.

The Game: Playing such a great team has to help BU. After a tough start, they did alright. This was an intense game. Take away the two shorties and the EN... . Eichel's goal was a major league SNIPE!! (Loved that he did the fan salute). Oh, and loved the jerseys. Heard they're wearing them in Madison.

BU Hockey: Tremendously Tremendous.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

I forgot how small the concourses were at WBA....great game and BU played fine the last two periods. Nice snipe by Eichel on the goal
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Like those jerseys' too. I believe those are the ones that Garrity wore (Jack?).

Was there any sort of USA chant at the end to wish those guys luck in tournament? Or were they still treated like the enemy, other than the Eichel)?

I couldn't go because I had to take my son to his hockey practice, and he didn't end up going because he wasn't feeling well. If only I had known that was going to happen
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Like those jerseys' too. I believe those are the ones that Garrity wore (Jack?).

Was there any sort of USA chant at the end to wish those guys luck in tournament? Or were they still treated like the enemy, other than the Eichel)?

I couldn't go because I had to take my son to his hockey practice, and he didn't end up going because he wasn't feeling well. If only I had known that was going to happen
                  You're talking about practice! Practice. Not a game, but practice. #defkitFail
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    You're talking about practice! Practice. Not a game, but practice. #defkitFail
                    driving to practice last night is what mrs mookie is for
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Yes, that's right. Check out the article on pages 50-57 of this 1951 issue Life Magazine on college hockey, focusing on BU's games vs. Michigan and Colorado College at Boston Arena in December 1950.

Team USA was wearing replicas of the gold medal 1960 US Olympic team unis.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        very classy on the part of jack eichel to wish all his soon to be former teammates a nice 'good bye' and then join them in a stick salute to the bu faithful before he departs for mj and the sea dogs
                        Eichel postgame: "it was a little awkward for me to play against my old team..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0PSjr-bOtw

he did instantly correct himself to say "my own team"

Comment

Loved the jerseys! I heard they ordered a limited quantity for sale - they had them on a table on the balcony, and it was this year's Premium Seat gift, so I was pretty psyched.

I thought the out come was what I expected. Would've liked to have seen BU score to make it 4-3. Good idea to take O'Connor out and give LaCouvee some playing time, and I thought he did pretty well. I thought his white pads worked better with the throwbacks than O'Connor's red pads did - ha!

I really liked how Eichel stayed with BU for the fan salute. I don't know why but it meant a lot to see that?

The crowd was better than I expected. All in all a fun night.ninwas surprised they got the liquor license to sell beer. And I totally forgot how small and crowded the concourses were. It was a time consuming walk to the ladies room. And given that the women's team plays there, they should've put some of the renovation dollars to update the ladies room. But I suppose that's part of its charrm.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

In reverse order:

My daughter misses practice for BU men's hockey games at the prices they charge, but she does miss the few women's games that conflict.

No USA chants that I heard.

I don't like the throwback jerseys BU wore last night at all. They were first worn on 5 December 1949 vs Tufts at Boston Arena, which was Jack Garrity's first game as a Terrier. The new jerseys were even mentioned in the Boston Globe article the next day: "The scoring power of the Terriers, who appeared for the first time in brilliant all-scarlet uniforms, was concentrated in the first two lines and the defensemen." BU only wore the jerseys for five seasons, 1949-54, before changing to jerseys with just Boston on the front and a terrier head/neck below. Those jerseys only lasted one or two seasons before the were changed again to the style this year's men's team is wearing regularly.

Personally, I still prefer the jerseys the women's team wears and the men's team wore for over 50 years with only minor changes.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              And given that the women's team plays there, they should've put some of the renovation dollars to update the ladies room. But I suppose that's part of its charrm.
                              I'm glad that BU spent the money to replace the rink, put in new boards and seemless glass, new lighting, new ceiling insulation and climate control air conditioning.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                I'm glad that BU spent the money to replace the rink, put in new boards and seemless glass, new lighting, new ceiling insulation and climate control air conditioning.

Sean
                                AC puts WBA ahead of Conte Forum.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X