X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    The best hockey game I ever saw live was between BU and PC in 1998...It was a 1-0 BU win where both PC's Boyd Ballard and BU's Tom Noble put on a show between the pipes. Jeff Kealty scored from the point with 38 seconds left through a screen.
    Wasn't there a goalie fight in that game? On second thought.... different PC game. I believe McKersie was between the pipes (pre-accident) for that one.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

I was at that game too! I remember all the kerfuffle about the helmet coming off and every time it happened since then I always think back to that game. It was a Sunday afternoon I believe and it snowed. It was the day before I was going in for jaw surgery and my friend who was the sports marketing director got me a program signed by the entire team. No idea what happened to that. Might've been worth some money!

Comment

This arena is better.

Comment

How about drury scoring on a faceoff from the rw dot in front of section 13?

The 1988 Olympic team playing bu at wba
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            This arena is better.
            So a question from miles away ... How's the crowd?

Comment

Now we are in defkit country!!!!

- First off, the "Amonte" game - a quick correction - he didn't score the waved off goal. He skated behind the net with it, passed it to the point, and someone tipped in the point shot. But since he made a play with the puck after his helmet came off, no goal. Pretty sure there is a replay of this on one of my old VHS tapes which is why I know that is what happened (though my memory about most of this stuff is frightening - too bad I can't remember what I did yesterday).

- Someone mentioned the Drury goal off the face-off. Talk about a crazy game - this one also included Scarlet's McKersie reference. On Friday, night, BU scored two short handed goals against NU at Matthews. On Saturday, on their way to a 10-3 (?) rout, they scored 5 shorthanded goals, including three by Jay Pandolfo and the Drury's face-off shot. They darn-near had a 6th, but Shane Johnson's goal came seconds after BU had killed off their shorthanded situation. After it was a blowout, McKersie came in to a big ovation.

- Sadly, the Travis Roy game will always be a memory. I remember that when news people started shooting live shots while the game was still going on, I thought, "I really hope they are here because of the raising of the banner", but I pretty much knew it was because Travis had to be in very rough shape. The game with the couple from Dallas was an amazing experience. The fact that they had approached the Stars, convinced the Stars to run a video during one of their games explaining what had happened to Travis, and raised all that money as a result, was just incredible.

- I remember seeing John Cullen get his record breaking point - sadly for him, I believe it was a pretty empty house - not sure if it was the Christmas break or Spring Break.

- In general, just seeing a dominant BU team from the '90s buzz the opposition with an all-out forecheck right from the opening draw was a treat. And to be so close to the action, with the loud noise - great stuff.

- Best one game - the comeback against MSU in 1989-90.

- Worst one-game - as BC was starting to re-emerge, they came from behind in a game - getting a goal late and a goal in OT. The OT goal was a bit of a fluke as the ref got in the way of the defenseman or the puck along the boards.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                Maybe my hotel Internet service is slow but I can't get either the telecast or broadcast.
                Anyone out there successful?

Comment

80% full I'd guess. With people still walking in.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                    Maybe my hotel Internet service is slow but I can't get either the telecast or broadcast.
                    Anyone out there successful?
                    Works for me.

Comment

• [QUOTE=defkit;6
                      On Saturday, on their way to a 10-3 (?) rout, they scored 5 shorthanded goals, including three by Jay Pandolfo and the Drury's face-off shot. They darn-near had a 6th, but Shane Johnson's goal came seconds after BU had killed off their shorthanded situation.
                      .[/QUOTE]
                      Saw that one, too. In the post game presser Ben Smith, then the Huskies coach, said, "I should have declined that last penalty."

Comment

eichel is so good the hockey east box score has him playing for both teams

Comment

Lot of people doing the SRO on the ends (my "seat" for many years was the stairs walking up to the press box off sec 7. Best seat in the house)

Comment

Sadly no silent auction next to sec 1 of BU gamers

Comment

Think these US kids are any good ? Wow
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

This was after I graduated and before I moved back, but WBA hosted a red hot chilli peppers show that had smashing pumkins and Pearl jam open.

Comment

Working...
                                X