X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    4 Freshmen, 1 Sophomore and 1 Junior on d - so there will be growing pains. But skill wise, an significant upgrade to what we have had since that crew that won it all in 2009. Fortunato scares me in his own end a little, but clearly has some good puck-moving skills (he needs a few high-scrabble score letters added to his name to fall in line with Warsofsky and Grizz). MacLeod will take his share of bad penalties. Diffely looks strong all around, though a little ray. Hickey is the complete package.

Agreed they had trouble containing the Maine forwards last night. Thankfully, www have a great goalie behind them.
    Agreed on the Ds. Fortunato really struggles with big forwards behind the net, needs to emulate the way Grzelcyk handles it. Somerby is measurably better, more confident than last season. As a group the Ds were much better clearing rebounds than last weekend.

What is with these no-sound highlight reels? BU finally added sound to the UConn highlights, even if the sequence was weird. Last night's game was a Maine production and again no sound, plus some strange sequencing. The clips of the SHG and ENG were too short; Eichel's strong, effortless skating is demonstrated on those goals, but it can't really be seen on highlights.

Does the puck find Eichel or visa versa? Or both.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Does the puck find Eichel or visa versa? Or both.
      The puck always find great players for some reason
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        The puck always find great players for some reason
        Simply instinct. You play enough hockey, some players figure out where the puck is likely to end up. And when there is a free puck, they are better at being able to quickly figure out who is likely to get it and respond accordingly.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

fortunato is young and appears to weigh 120lbs. he'll grow. if i've said it once i've said it a million times. 18yo defensemen who are very good are playing in the nhl. not to say this group won't have one or two, but they are young and growing into their bodies.

anyone else remember jvr making shattenkirk resemble a turnstyle in the rw circle at WWA some years ago?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            4 Freshmen, 1 Sophomore and 1 Junior on d - so there will be growing pains. But skill wise, an significant upgrade to what we have had since that crew that won it all in 2009. Fortunato scares me in his own end a little, but clearly has some good puck-moving skills (he needs a few high-scrabble score letters added to his name to fall in line with Warsofsky and Grizz). MacLeod will take his share of bad penalties. Diffely looks strong all around, though a little ray. Hickey is the complete package.

Agreed they had trouble containing the Maine forwards last night. Thankfully, www have a great goalie behind them.
            I'm a bit older than most of you, so I'm not hip to the scene with some of these modern internet terms. "ray", "www"? Is that a new url?
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              I'm a bit older than most of you, so I'm not hip to the scene with some of these modern internet terms. "ray", "www"? Is that a new url?
              I suspect "dumb thumbs"+"smart phone" are at work here to generate this. The first I'd read as likely to be "though a little raw" the second is probably "we" being mistyped as "ww" and getting autocorrected to "www"

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                I suspect "dumb thumbs"+"smart phone" are at work here to generate this. The first I'd read as likely to be "though a little raw" the second is probably "we" being mistyped as "ww" and getting autocorrected to "www"
                BUPhD speaks fluent autocorrect.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

After eichel finishes the yr with 100pts and leads the boys in scoring, that will make it 3 straight yrs a frosh has led the team in points.

Gonna guess that never happened before

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    fortunato is young and appears to weigh 120lbs. he'll grow. if i've said it once i've said it a million times. 18yo defensemen who are very good are playing in the nhl. not to say this group won't have one or two, but they are young and growing into their bodies.

anyone else remember jvr making shattenkirk resemble a turnstyle in the rw circle at WWA some years ago?
                    Fortantano hasn't put on any weight since his USA U-18 days and really needs to hit the weight room hard
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      BUPhD speaks fluent autocorrect.
                      I teach undergraduates now. After a few years of grading essays and papers, you can figure just about anything out.

Comment

boring with mookie's terriors off

so i see that dr angelo esposito is apparently out of hockey.
                        ethan werek is finally getting to play in providence. but for the little b's and not against the friars.
                        matt lashof is playing in europe.

...anyone else escaping mookie's mind that i can check upon??

Comment

DoR needs 27 pts to reach 100
                          Rodriguez needs 29
                          Holmann needs 34
                          Eichel needs 85

BU is a woeful .433 on faceoffs this season (with questionable stat-keeping to begin with) 204/471
                          Eichel is listed as performing at a slightly better clip .443 (85/192)

BU is taking too many penalties -- avg 2.8 pp chances/game vs giving up 4.6

3/22 on the pp
                          5/37 on the pk

Comment

Random (mindless) thought: BC is tied for last and UVM is in 1st alone as of tonight. (Chuckling)
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              I do! That was the last time we had a good team.
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Michigan Tech should be #1. 10-0!!!
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X