This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Bought my tickets today for the USA WJC team vs BU...looking forward to seeing the USA squad play at old Walter Brown.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Tom Poti?

Let's think about this here--
      The 09-10 team had a high number of very good players who have many NHL games under their belts and this team DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE NCAA TOUNEY

Just flat out disgusting
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Tom Poti?

Let's think about this here--
        The 09-10 team had a high number of very good players who have many NHL games under their belts and this team DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE NCAA TOUNEY

Just flat out disgusting
        Watched the first Frozen Fenway game last year (rebroadcast on NESN) and had the same reaction. I threw-up in my mouth when I remembered how badly that team spit the bit down the stretch. Without a doubt, one of the most embarrassing seasons in BU history. And that includes last year.

BU Hockey: Reliving Dysfunction
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Since we're discussing former HE players who've moved on to the NHL, that wasn't a HOF performance from Cory Schneider last night.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            Since we're discussing former HE players who've moved on to the NHL, that wasn't a HOF performance from Cory Schneider last night.
            please refer to him as 'touchdown cory' going forward. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Watched the first Frozen Fenway game last year (rebroadcast on NESN) and had the same reaction. I threw-up in my mouth when I remembered how badly that team spit the bit down the stretch. Without a doubt, one of the most embarrassing seasons in BU history. And that includes last year.

BU Hockey: Reliving Dysfunction
              bonino
              chiasson
              colby
              gryba
              shattenkirk
              warsofsky

plus a bunch of proven collegiate goal scorers.
              oh, and a national freshman of the year goalie.

embarrassing indeed.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRnARLl7q-0

New game of the week video is interesting. Whoever said they look like some COM major's midterm or whatever is pretty spot on. Love how they take a full minute to get to any highlights, then they show a goal, then they show the final stats before skipping the rest of the highlights and going into the postgame interview. The interview was pretty interesting. She kinda lost me when she suggested that this felt like one of the biggest games BU (or specifically Evan Rodrigues?) has played against BC in "almost over a decade". Yes. An early November game does feel bigger than any of the 15+ tournament games BU has faced them in over the last decade. They'd be better off pulling fans out of the stands to conduct these interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRnARLl7q-0

New game of the week video is interesting. Whoever said they look like some COM major's midterm or whatever is pretty spot on. Love how they take a full minute to get to any highlights, then they show a goal, then they show the final stats before skipping the rest of the highlights and going into the postgame interview. The interview was pretty interesting. She kinda lost me when she suggested that this felt like one of the biggest games BU (or specifically Evan Rodrigues?) has played against BC in "almost over a decade". Yes. An early November game does feel bigger than any of the 15+ tournament games BU has faced them in over the last decade. They'd be better off pulling fans out of the stands to conduct these interviews.
                  I'm surprised you made it that far in that video. I'm not sure whether to puke or break out some glow sticks.

Comment

It doesn't seem to be happening for Colin Wilson, does it?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      It doesn't seem to be happening for Colin Wilson, does it?
                      I've been thinking the same thing. I wonder what it is. Maybe he needs a change of scenery.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Random thought: can you recall an ENG as challenging and well executed as Olsson's against BC? Very tough angle, skating full speed to try to beat Hanifin, puck on edge, had to lift it high, and for good measure, the water bottle goes flying. I was so shocked that he actually scored on the play. We've missed many ENG's with a significantly lower difficulty factor than that one.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          Random thought: can you recall an ENG as challenging and well executed as Olsson's against BC? Very tough angle, skating full speed to try to beat Hanifin, puck on edge, had to lift it high, and for good measure, the water bottle goes flying. I was so shocked that he actually scored on the play. We've missed many ENG's with a significantly lower difficulty factor than that one.
                          We're sitting down the other end and feeling pretty good because it appears the puck has traveled too low for your guy to get a decent shot off. Then he shoots... and you just described above the way I described it to the guy sitting beside me.

'How the f did that puck go in? Our guy is in his hip pocket, he's along the boards with a near impossible angle and he ROOFS IT!!!'
                          'Really?'
                          'Yea. The water bottle shot about a foot upwards.'
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

That would have been a goal with a goalie in net. Twas impressive.

I third the: "Why the heck is Colin Wilson's pro career so crappy" confusion. If I had told you 3 years ago: Charlie Coyle >>> Colin Wilson you would have laughed at me.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              That would have been a goal with a goalie in net. Twas impressive.

I third the: "Why the heck is Colin Wilson's pro career so crappy" confusion. If I had told you 3 years ago: Charlie Coyle >>> Colin Wilson you would have laughed at me.
                              I wouldnt have. I would have bet on it. One can skate, one cant

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                                For starters, let's start with the Drury-Wilson pairing. Yes, Wilson was finalist for the Hobey, but #97 won it, so shouldn't he be in that discussion? (And in my opinion, Wilson was not even the best forward on the 2009 team.)
                                No offense, but what substances were you abusing in 2009? Wilson was the difference makes - the player that makes everybody on the ice better. Same thing Drury did and what Eichel is doing now. Who, praytell, was a better player on the 2009 squad than Wilson???
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X