X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Hi All,
    I am a collector of game used college jerseys. When I was in town for the BU/Michigan game I had the opportunity to pick up a few brand new vintage BU practice jerseys from the mid-1990s. The jerseys are pro-quality heavy knit by CCM with double shoulders / elbows, embroidered CCM logo on the back hem and fight strap / tie down sewn into the back. Based on the tags in the neck they date back to 1995. They are $25 each or 2/$45 and shipping is included in the US. If you have a game used jersey from BU or any other D-I men's program I'm always looking to trade as well. You can email me at info@johnsonsjerseys.net
    Thanks,
    Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 11-01-2014, 05:31 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      will be an interesting game. Gillies has never lost back to back games in his 3 year carear at PC, didnt last week on road vs North Dakota and they are a far superior team than BU.
      My bet is PC 3 BU 1

ho hum

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
        And that's the only reason I'm going tonight because you never freaking know.
        Maybe you shook off your bad luck vibe tonight Jon. Thanks for going. Would have like to be there to connect with BU friends. Maybe in March.

Comment

David Quinn said he wasn't surprised that his team let human nature take its course.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ke-jack-eichel
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            ho hum
            Is 2 the new 3?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Is 2 the new 3?
              ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                ho hum
                good job then!

Comment

oh, and david ortiz would friggin' LOVE playing his home games at WWA!!! how the moron in the box tallying faceoffs had our boys winning 36/61 leads me to believe stevie wonder has found a new job

holy christ almighty

Comment

Angry mookie! But correct mookie
                    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

while i'm at it, i read cox's recap and it sounded like DQ just talked and wasn't asked questions. but i have a couple on the last minute there.

pc burned their timeout when they had the blind mice review DoR's goal. after the icing with the pc guys gasping there was a time out called. after which DQ tried to call a time out (again?) after the teams lined up.
                      so who called this time out?
                      on DQ's board did he tell them what to do after pc won the faceoff?
                      holmann was the only guy to win an offensive zone faceoff in the 3rd tonight (twice), so why was #7 set up behind eichel's right backhand when everyone in WWA just KNEW that he wasn't going to win it?!?!?! whyn't have holmann take it and set up eichel in that spot so he'd get the puck and be able to do his thing?
                      but the most important question there was WHY TAKE THE TIME OUT AND LET PC GET THEIR AIR AND WITS?!?!?

not angry, but annoyed. poor game / bench management tonight (much like someone sending grizzle on the ice for the too many men penalty when we were on the 4x4)

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        will be an interesting game. Gillies has never lost back to back games in his 3 year carear at PC, didnt last week on road vs North Dakota and they are a far superior team than BU.
                        My bet is PC 3 BU 1
                        Just to clarify: Gillies lost back-to-back to NU and BC last January and lost three in a row later in the month: Lowell, BC, Uconn

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          while i'm at it, i read cox's recap and it sounded like DQ just talked and wasn't asked questions. but i have a couple on the last minute there.

pc burned their timeout when they had the blind mice review DoR's goal. after the icing with the pc guys gasping there was a time out called. after which DQ tried to call a time out (again?) after the teams lined up.
                          so who called this time out?
                          on DQ's board did he tell them what to do after pc won the faceoff?
                          holmann was the only guy to win an offensive zone faceoff in the 3rd tonight (twice), so why was #7 set up behind eichel's right backhand when everyone in WWA just KNEW that he wasn't going to win it?!?!?! whyn't have holmann take it and set up eichel in that spot so he'd get the puck and be able to do his thing?
                          but the most important question there was WHY TAKE THE TIME OUT AND LET PC GET THEIR AIR AND WITS?!?!?

not angry, but annoyed. poor game / bench management tonight (much like someone sending grizzle on the ice for the too many men penalty when we were on the 4x4)
                          Because Eichel's line was winded and Quinn wanted that line on the ice. I think there was 41 seconds left. I agree with the timeout but agree with you that Hohmann should have taken the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                            Just to clarify: Gillies lost back-to-back to NU and BC last January and lost three in a row later in the month: Lowell, BC, Uconn
                            what? clarify? using facts? come on! see you guys (Terriers) Friday night, it's gonna be fun
                            Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-02-2014, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Before the weekend, I said I'd be okay with a split this weekend, but after the blow-out Friday night, I was thinking that a sweep could be in the cards. Kind of disappointed, but maybe taking a ding now will help in the long run.

BU clearly wasn't ready in the first period. It was the prior night turned upside down. I was surprised that they regrouped and played all right, not great, in the second, and then woke up in the third. (Though there was too much pond hockey and not enough tic-tac-toe passing.) It may have been winnable at that point, though just as easily PC could have stretched the lead.

If the team needed to learn a lesson, better they learn it on 11/1 than 11/7.

Odds and ends on the ambience:

* I was surprised that the crowd wasn't a little bigger.
                              * I absolutely HATE the scoreboard ads. "Geico presents a BU powerplay"? Give me a break! Whatever nickles and dimes BU gets from selling that time isn't worth taking the fans out of the game. Kill the ads, and bring back the band at full throttle.
                              * I tried the chicken/rice stir-fry and was pleasantly surprised. Not great, but freshly made and not a grease bomb like the pizza. The latest Bostonia says, "Omelets, peanut butter, and chicken stir-fry may be our newest weapons against high blood pressure." Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                                * I absolutely HATE the scoreboard ads. "Geico presents a BU powerplay"? Give me a break! Whatever nickles and dimes BU gets from selling that time isn't worth taking the fans out of the game. Kill the ads, and bring back the band at full throttle.
                                well why the hell else do we have three 'tv timeouts' each period even though the games ain't on no tv?!?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X