This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    after tonight's smoking of PC in the world's worst arena y'all will be strutting into Conte as the #1 team in the nation
    Well
    Mookie has learned to never underestimate the idiocy of voters

The boys may rise to #3
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      4 Penalties by BU tonight...far from alot...they dominated faceoffs winning them cleanly
      Why one assume Mookie limits his observations to a single game??
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        It was odd, but thinking about it, would you rather the team sit on a bus for 2-3 hours then go play, or have time to eat, get to the rink, prepare, stretch, and properly prepare for the game? There are now so few Friday classes at BU, I can't imagine many of them missed class. Based on the results tonight, and how bad the traffic was going down - about two hours leaving Boston at 3-315 - I'm all for it.
        Please stop, you're killing me.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          Even the '09 team took it on the chin at PC. It's not that they all of a sudden have more talent than anyone, but the confidence is extremely high.
          That game was at BU. Weeknight game.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            Yeah. That was a January game, I believe right before classes, and about 10 days after going to Denver and dominating.

At the end of the year, BU had a home-and-home sweep of Providence, a dominating performance.
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Nice to get a second league road win on the books, this one against tougher competition. Also nice to see the second line contribute on the scoresheet. Without at least two lines that are legitimate threats, this team will not be able to go as far as we all want.

I will be interested to see if Moran plays again tonight. IMHO He is very close to being in the group of returning forwards who don't have the same skill level as the freshmen. I would imagine that if Moran does play, if may be a different freshman that sits, not Greer again.

I'm a little concerned about a let-down tonight. In the past, BU would often win a good road game, only to then lose at home to the same team (see UNH for sure). If they can win tonight I think that will be a very good sign.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Nice to get a second league road win on the books, this one against tougher competition. Also nice to see the second line contribute on the scoresheet. Without at least two lines that are legitimate threats, this team will not be able to go as far as we all want.

I will be interested to see if Moran plays again tonight. IMHO He is very close to being in the group of returning forwards who don't have the same skill level as the freshmen. I would imagine that if Moran does play, if may be a different freshman that sits, not Greer again.

I'm a little concerned about a let-down tonight. In the past, BU would often win a good road game, only to then lose at home to the same team (see UNH for sure). If they can win tonight I think that will be a very good sign.
                Its good to see Rodrigues go to the net. Sometimes he plays why to defensive minding....as a winger you are there to score goals...not just worry about stopping them. Anyways BU will only have issues if they run into a hot goalie. They dominated last night. Michigan was the best team they have played to far IMO. Hockey East is not the Powerhouse it has been for the past 5 years they maybe only 2-3 real good teams. Regardless hopefully they keep it up.

I'm guessing a 3-2 or 3-1 win tonight with 35 shots on net and maybe 25 against. Also I'd like to see Lane centering the second line. He is great in the corners and always works hard.
                Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  And that's the only reason I'm going tonight because you never freaking know.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

will be an interesting game. Gillies has never lost back to back games in his 3 year carear at PC, didnt last week on road vs North Dakota and they are a far superior team than BU.
                    My bet is PC 3 BU 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      And that's the only reason I'm going tonight because you never freaking know.
                      Missed you last night. Swing by 115 during intermission.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        will be an interesting game. Gillies has never lost back to back games in his 3 year carear at PC, didnt last week on road vs North Dakota and they are a far superior team than BU.
                        My bet is PC 3 BU 1
                        PC is a far superior team to every team, except Union.

If PC had goaltending... untouchable.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          PC is a far superior team to every team, except Union.

If PC had goaltending... untouchable.
                          We let BU dominate in all phases of the game to lull them into a false sense of security!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Please stop, you're killing me.
                            No, not really. A vast majority of BU has moved to M-W and T-Th class 1.5 hour schedules or one day a week. Even when I graduated in 09, pretty much CAS was the only one with a good number of M-W-F classes.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Greer in, Phelps out on fourth line tonight. No other changes.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

So no lane closures on Comm Ave tonight. thanks MBTA for yet again tweeting out erroneous information.

Comment

Working...
                                X