X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    2pts would be outstanding
    I'm hoping for 4 pts. Don't care who gets 'em. Either way makes next Friday much more interesting.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      First big challenge for new DHO Scott Young: get the Terriers to Schneider in time for a pre-game skate.
      Leave at Noon.

Comment

Free web stream of the PC-BU Game on Friday night

https://twitter.com/CoxHub/status/527644547917287424

Hey...Never mind..someone beat me to it!
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Saw on Twitter that the same lane closures on Comm Ave outside of Agganis that caused last week's game to be delayed will also be happening this Saturday as well. Plan your travel accordingly!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Oct 29th.....

Still undefeated
            And Generalissimo Francicso Franco is still dead.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
              and generalissimo francicso franco is still dead.
              +1
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                +1
                I see that you have two more posts before you hit your area code.

Comment

Former Terrier (and one of my faves) David Van Der Gulik gets a call from the LA Kings. I believe the game is on NHL Network tonight:

VAN DER GULIK: Due to the Kings’ cap issues, the only player available for the Kings to recall from the AHL’s Manchester Monarchs was forward David Van Der Gulik. The Kings signed Van Der Gulik on July 1 to a one-year deal. In five games with Manchester this season, Van Der Gulik has recorded two goals – tied for first on the club. He’s played in 42 NHL games with the Calgary Flames and Colorado Avalanche, registering 13 points (2G, 11A). Van Der Gulik will play left win on the Kings’ fourth line tonight alongside Andy Andreoff and Jordan Nolan.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Former Terrier (and one of my faves) David Van Der Gulik gets a call from the LA Kings. I believe the game is on NHL Network tonight:
                    VDG - nice to see him still getting a cup of coffee in the NHL. Does anybody remember how post Drury it took a decade for a BU forward to earn real playing time in the pros? I think Corrazzini also came up for a few shifts for the B's and that's it IIRC.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Seemed this thread was the best place to ask this question, so here goes...As a BU fan, what is your estimation of percentage chance that Eichel bolts to the NHL after this year vs. stay one more year?

I ask because Auston Matthews is the big name out there for recruits right now and I imagine Eichel's status as a Terrier would definitely have an impact on his decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        VDG - nice to see him still getting a cup of coffee in the NHL. Does anybody remember how post Drury it took a decade for a BU forward to earn real playing time in the pros? I think Corrazzini also came up for a few shifts for the B's and that's it IIRC.
                        In the post-Drury and pre-2009 years, the only BU forwards who have played in the NHL are Corazzini (12 games w/ B's), Mike Pandolfo (3 games w/ Columbus), Ferro Skladany (1 game w/ Colorado), and VDG (42 games w/ Calgary and Colorado).

Since 2009: McCarthy, Yip, Bonino, Wilson, Chiasson, Coyle, Nieto. All but McCarthy (currently in AHL in Chicago) and Yip (currently in AHL in Norfolk) are top 6/top 9 forwards on their respective teams.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                          Seemed this thread was the best place to ask this question, so here goes...As a BU fan, what is your estimation of percentage chance that Eichel bolts to the NHL after this year vs. stay one more year?
                          I would say at least 95% he goes NHL.

I ask because Auston Matthews is the big name out there for recruits right now and I imagine Eichel's status as a Terrier would definitely have an impact on his decision.
                          In what way would you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            In the post-Drury and pre-2009 years, the only BU forwards who have played in the NHL are Corazzini (12 games w/ B's), Mike Pandolfo (3 games w/ Columbus), Ferro Skladany (1 game w/ Colorado), and VDG (42 games w/ Calgary and Colorado).

Since 2009: McCarthy, Yip, Bonino, Wilson, Chiasson, Coyle, Nieto. All but McCarthy (currently in AHL in Chicago) and Yip (currently in AHL in Norfolk) are top 6/top 9 forwards on their respective teams.
                            I remember when there was a good looking, witty, intelligent, savvy poster who said 15 years ago that we needed a coaching change because the recruiting sucked and the gameplan was gawdawful. Whoever that poster is, he must be pretty pleased with himself right now.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I remember when there was a good looking, witty, intelligent, savvy poster who said 15 years ago that we needed a coaching change because the recruiting sucked and the gameplan was gawdawful. Whoever that poster is, he must be pretty pleased with himself right now.
                              I'm not sure it was 15 years ago, but thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Saw on Twitter that the same lane closures on Comm Ave outside of Agganis that caused last week's game to be delayed will also be happening this Saturday as well. Plan your travel accordingly!
                                Meaning they are going to delay the game again? Or warning people to leave extra time to get in?

Comment

Working...
                                X