X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    So what are expectations for this weekend? A split at least, right?
    Nothing would surprise me this weekend: a sweep is possible and so is a goose-egg. I really like the talent on this team, but they are young.

I hope they're cocky but not complacent,as they haven't been tested yet. At the other extreme, I also hope they're loose and not intimidated at the prospect of competing against older, sometimes bigger skaters. Getting the team to walk that line will be a challenge for the coaches. There probably will be ups and downs. More of the former would be nice. In any case, the season starts for real tonight.

Comment

Looks like tomorrow night vs Michigan could be a sellout. Would be a nice change from last season.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        Sure you don't have that backwards?
        Sparty's here to play football right? You guys are gonna smoke BU.

Yea, I got that right. Matt Berry with a hatty, Hildebrand allows just two. Woop woop!
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Um, excuse me. No way they beat us in football. We're undefeated since 1997!

Comment

Is anyone watching the game via terrier tv? The live stream doesn't seem to be working for me. Anyone else having issues?

Comment

Are the games not on the radio anymore?!?! Grrrrr...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Are the games not on the radio anymore?!?! Grrrrr...
                I saw a 1-0 BU score but no details other than Ahti from Eichel. News?

Comment

• Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                  I saw a 1-0 BU score but no details other than Ahti from Eichel. News?
                  That's pretty much how it ended. I left with about 10 min to go in the third and tried to listen to the rest on the radio, but I guess we are not on the radio anymore.

Comment

1st time in this year for me. Very impressive group of new players. Eichel of course, but I like the comfort level and confidence most of them appeared to play with. Not too impressive in the finishing department. Chalk that up to good goaltending by the opposition.

Quinn seems quite willing to let this team trade chances with the offensive talent and improved defense.

Maybe the most enjoyable 1-0 game I've seen in a while. Looking forward to watching this team.
                    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      That's pretty much how it ended. I left with about 10 min to go in the third and tried to listen to the rest on the radio, but I guess we are not on the radio anymore.
                      No Bernie? No Tom? Who thought that was a good move and why hasn't there be a revolt? (And to make it a quartet of queries: why the early exit in a 1-0 game?)

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Unfortunately, the "radio" broadcast is now internet only. Bernie and Tom still do the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          wow, that sucks . I loved listening to Bernie on the ride home after our game got out , seriously. I listened to the world series last night so I had not realized that

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                            (And to make it a quartet of queries: why the early exit in a 1-0 game?)
                            Early exit because the 7:30 start makes it too late for my kids to last through the whole game.

I guess Bernie and Tom are on the "Terrier Sports Network" which is an online "radio" station. I'm sure it reaches a wider audience but is not very convenient for listening to the game in the car.

Comment

you can always tune into bc games on 850 AM

used to see bu games on channel 68 and of course bu often landed separate tv deals with nesn/csne. i know lowell has a mini package with nesn this year. your new AD has some work to do in the media department!

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                Unfortunately, the "radio" broadcast is now internet only. Bernie and Tom still do the broadcast.
                                Unacceptable!!!! Who do I call to ***** about this!? Mookie, grab the torches, meet you on Babcock St. at 6pm tonight.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X