X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    My takeaway is they've made a very strong 1st impression and it wouldn't be a major surprise if BU exceeds expectations this season. Having said that, I'll withhold further judgment until after the Michigan/PC(x2)/BC stretch.
    what were expectations?
    let's not drop down to nu levels and say we were hoping to make a beanpot championship game or something like that...
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

the annual post from mookie about how bu should always expect to compete for a national title even if the team is full of stiffs!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        the annual post from mookie about how bu should always expect to compete for a national title even if the team is full of stiffs!
        When we have guys in charge now who'll purge the stiffs and (wait for it) don't replace them with fresh new stiffs Mookie may post that bi-annually

Comment

• So the pre-game line-up on CHN had no Eichel, O'Reagan, Homan, etc . Is this dress-the-frosh night or are those guys playing. (Mike Moran was listed on D; hope that means he's recovered from the Exhibition game hit.)

Comment

• Originally posted by goalguard View Post
            So the pre-game line-up on CHN had no Eichel, O'Reagan, Homan, etc . Is this dress-the-frosh night or are those guys playing. (Mike Moran was listed on D; hope that means he's recovered from the Exhibition game hit.)
            Why are you hanging out over there

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Why are you hanging out over there
              'Cause it was the cone of silence over here.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                'Cause it was the cone of silence over here.
                Well we just had a halftime

Comment

Well bracco attempted a pathetic dive to draw a penalty. He'll fit in just fine up the street

Comment

how quickly mook forgets the terriers were diving champions a couple years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      how quickly mook forgets the terriers were diving champions a couple years ago
                      What are you talking about???

No recollection of this

Comment

i'm not going to be in town friday, so if anyone wants two tickets to see the 2015 national champions beat up on some big 6 slugs let me know and i'll email them along...

Comment

dale arnold had to fill in for jack edwards briefly and apparently he was calling the game from an "end zone" as in behind one of the goals. when edwards returned, he said it was like arnold was calling a game at BU and the old case center. never saw a game at WBA, but is that really how it was set up? announcers were behind one of the goals? i know harvard used to have that setup (not sure if they still do).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            dale arnold had to fill in for jack edwards briefly and apparently he was calling the game from an "end zone" as in behind one of the goals. when edwards returned, he said it was like arnold was calling a game at BU and the old case center. never saw a game at WBA, but is that really how it was set up? announcers were behind one of the goals? i know harvard used to have that setup (not sure if they still do).
                            Press box for WBA is at the far end of the arena, over several rows of wooden bleachers. For the last seven/eight or so seasons that BU Men played there, a small structure was built at the top few rows at center ice for TV announcers only.

Comment

Yeah, the press box at WBA was at the far end of the rink. All radio teams broadcast from there. They did build a booth, if you call it, on one of the sides for TV broadcasting.

Comment

Gotta insulate the walls of this thread. There's an echo in here.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X